Interspecies Snorgling 101

Class, today we’re going to discuss Interspecies Snorgling. It’s a very simple premise. One species takes it upon his or herself to snorgle another species. The video we’re about to see, sent in by Pilar V. is a textbook example. Take notes, there’ll be a quiz later.

PS from Pilar: “This is my sloth. Do you remember her? Prince, the sloth and Witch the cat? Prince loves cats. And we have a lot of cats.”

I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz.

Comments

1. Um. May I please live on whatever magical island this happens? Greta, thanks.

2. I mean, great, thanks.

3. EEEEKKK! LOL the cat is all that is right groom me you sloth. And i cringed every time the big claws got close to the eyes but obviously the sloth is much gentler with them than one would suspect. PIllar can you tell us about this.

4. Tony James says:

Every kitteh should have a sloth – claws just made for head-scritchies, doesn’t move too much (not like those pesky hoomins), won’t eat your noms, and no doggy-drool or breath. No sloth of your own? No problem – we here at Rent-a-Sloth will be delighted to let you choose from our collection of sloths-by-the-hour*, and well-qualified lessees** can take advantage of our attractive long-term lease rates if you need a sloth but don’t want the commitment of ownership.

*mileage will vary. Prices do not include taxes, insurance, recovery fees, NY customers please add 18.5% sales tax and 17% oversized beverage surcharge.

**anyone with a pulse and a credit card.

5. bluebird says:

Good heavens! Those two *do not get tired* of the snorgling. They look like they’ll be at it all day. I hadn’t realized that a cat was a necessary accoutrement to a sloth.

6. 4leafclover says:

“The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay.”

7. Looks like the spa treatment Daisy ordered was not quite what she expected.

My first reaction to this actually was “Wait, what?….how?” and “Who owns a pet sloth?” but it then slowly morphed to “That kind of looks like Wolverine holding a kitty hostage.”

8. Oh great, thanks a lot CO!! Now my 5 cats each want a sloth of their own!!

9. That’s at least two of the seven deadly squee’s covered for the day – Sloth and Kittenvy

10. Coffee Cup says:

I’ll admit, sloths freak me out. They have big claws and weird faces and I’m not enamored of them. I focused on the kitteh instead and kitteh is adorable!

11. fleurdamour says:

Sloths are pioneers of the Slow Dude Movement.

12. Got a question 4 any1 who can answer it!!!! Doesn’t really have anything 2 do with this adorbs vid with 1 of my fave songs but if we submit a pic does it got 2 be our own personal pic or can we just get it off of like google or something? Please answer quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

13. My kitty! mine!

14. Sloth knows exactly where to scritch

15. I’m not a fan of sloths either (except Sid). :)

16. I don’t think that that love is mutual. The kitty looks a bit horrified.

17. If kitty didn’t like it he would be out of there in a flash.

18. Tony James says:

[shameless plug for services]
    incorporating
    One If by Lamb, Two if by Sloth, Inc. (a division of Gnus Corp.)
    [/plug]

19. Yeah i agree with Gigi.. That kitty is totally into the sloth snuggles.

20. The Original Jane says:

Wow, Sloth claws must not be too sharp. Or else Prince the sloth is very careful.

21. Calamity Jane says:

I picture the sloth talking French, like Pepe Le Pew.

22. Love kitties. Love sloths. But never in a million years did I think I would see a video like this!

23. It’s Sloth McScissorpants!

24. Oh my. The sloth pets the cat, the sloth ***snorgles*** the cat!!!
    *Now* the internets is complete!

25. It would be nice to just take life at such a slow, relaxed pace and chill out, as either of them.

26. Talk about slow, wet, deep kisses that last three days.

27. 90% super cute. 10% somehow unsettling.

28. Alice Shortcake says:

It’s official: even sloths cannot resist nomming on kitteh ears!

29. emmberrann says:

My thought exactly. Mine!!

30. LOL

31. Totally Jersey says:

Such a gentle sloth, but: Gah! Scary claws!

32. Oh. My. Gaaah!!! That was 4:15 of pure heaven – for Slothy McSlothersons, Kitteh McKittersons and MOI! Loved every second of it. I am a huuuuge fan of sloths in general but I had no idea they could be besties with another species.

33. kookiemaster says:

When the sloth held kitteh’s face with its clawed paw over its mouth all I could think is “shhhh shhhh … it only hurts if you struggle”. :P

Then it dawned to me that the sloth is more active than the cat, which is a bit ironic. But I think if the cat didn’t like it he would extirpate himself in no time.

34. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Those claws are super scary, but so sweet how Slothie keeps snuggling the Kitty closer & closer.

35. You can submit anything you want, but we can’t guarantee it will be used.

36. :-D

37. My Dora would LUURRRVE a sloth of her own! And it would take some of the burden off of me, since I’m always trying to convince her that I can’t snuggle her every $*^$#@%& minute of the day.

38. Mamabear says:

Indeed.

My hubby thinks the cat is held captive because of the awesome scritches, I think it’s from sheer terror. :D

I want to love them, I really do, but I find sloths to be…well, you hit the nail on the head when you said “unsettling”. I guess what they say is true: “One man’s ‘cute’ is another man’s ‘cringe’.”

39. I too was waiting for the scary claw to poke poor kitteh in the eye – glad it did not happen!

Also, kitteh reminds me of my Tommy… even down to the white socks… Tommy has been gone for many years now… [sniff]

40. Cat scritches are universal and crosses the boundaries of species!

41. That kitty is totally blissed out. Check the squinchy eyes. He’d be off in a flash otherwise.

42. Not even sloths can resist the siren song of the tinee tabbee.

43. Also, is that a Bulgarian headlock?

44. As you said, the sloth is a gentleman and didn’t hurt the cat at all. The cat LOVES this scratching.

45. Cynthia Appel says:

Shouldn’t someone send this to Kristen Bell?

46. What tewtally fascinates me is the way the sloth clearly understands where Kitty likes to be scratched, and delivers — ever so gently. I agree: every kitteh needs its own sloth for 24/7 scritches and ear-nomming.

47. StormCat42 says:

*grabs credit card, car keys and heads out the door* Be right there!!

48. Michelle says:

OMG who doesn’t love a sloth?? They’re so gentle and slooooooooooow and have the funniest faces! If I am ever reincarnated as a sloth (which is a possibility considering how much I love laying around motionless) I will most certainly come back as a crazy-cat sloth who loves to snorgle her kitty and give her ever-so-gentle ear scritches with my super-long claws!

49. Very true. Cats could teach sloth to even sloths.

50. :lol: Now I will have a hard time getting that out of my head, Calamity Jane :lol:

51. If I lived near you, Juno, I would help take over the snuggling of your dear sweet kitty, Dora :D

52. AWW :cry: I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your dear sweet kitty, Tommy, ceejoe :cry: I am sure he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge :cry:

53. They actually tend to be incredibly smooth and soft. Their digits (I don’t really call them claws) aren’t weapons or hunting tools (Or that isn’t their main function, though I think there is one sloth with claws designed for hunting insects) but simply grappling hooks. Their thickness and curve are what allow sloths to hang from trees without tiring out, because they aren’t using any muscles to hold themselves in place.

54. Thrall's Balls says:

I love how, whenever the kitty moves her head away, it takes the sloth a few seconds to realise that she’s moved. ‘Ah, c’mon bebe, don’t deny my scritchings!’

55. Thanks:-)

56. I’m thinking those are the perfect claws for awesome scritches!