Blowin’ My Own Horn

Gather ’round, cool cats, and groovy chicks with ‘em,
As I lay down a sound in syncopatin’ rhythm
Don’t play clarinet, don’t play trombone
My weapon of choice is an ice cream cone
The squares ask why, and I say “listen, fool,”
“To play hot licks, gotta keep your tongue cool.”

Via Kham Tran.

Comments

1. NTMTOM, how are you even that creative and brilliant this early in the day? Great photo and as always fab words to go with it.

2. Not that Mike the Other Mike — give him a mike! Let him groove – let him prove his amazing creative cool! I love your twist of phrase – please continue to amaze — on Tuesdaze – Wednesdaze – you-name-it daze!

3. fleurdamour says:

The angel Squirriel blows his horn.

4. 260Oakley says:

Squirrel sez: I used to play in a trio called “The Three Scoops” with Ben & Jerry. But then they went bananas and I had to split.

5. Rachael says:

Okay, that one was painful. :)

This could be NOMTOM’s finest hour.

6. Snaps Snaps Snaps Fingers.

7. LOL! Made me grin.

8. Yet another fabulous entry for the CO coffee table book! We’re waiting, NTMTOM.

9. emmberrann says:

Ouch! It hurts so good! Ya kilt me, man! I iz ded, ded, I tellz ya!
    Oh, and P.S., how is our coffeetable book coming along?*snrk*

10. brilliant!!

11. Mike your words are music to my ears!

12. Did skwerlio go for his free cone at Ben & Jerry’s today?

13. Blue Footed Booby says:

squirrel music is best music

14. Rooanne says:

It’s the new craze!

15. Rooanne says:

Another entry in the NOMTOM coffee table book.
    In other news, several years ago I saw a squirrel on the tree outside my window eating a piece of pizza.

16. 4leafclover says:

On a side note, today is Ben & Jerry’s Free Cone day!!

17. Pix or it didn’t happen.

NOMTOM, I luff you so much.

18. Raymond says:

Amen, fleurdamour.

19. Ha! Squirrelio follows the lead of children everywhere by biting the bottom off the ice cream cone first (and then having ice cream drip everywhere, to the chagrin of moms)

20. I don’t have a picture of the actual skwerlio, but I do have pix of the pastries he brought me and planted in a flower pot on my porch… https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200867611561003.1073741825.1485916654&type=3

21. I know! Magnifico! Cute sqwuril too. Just noticed a wee tongue on the side of the cone. May have been worthy of a tongue-hance perhaps.

22. Theresa says:

Put down the ice cream
    Put down the ice cream
    Put down the ice cream if you wanna play the sousaphone :D

23. Wasn’t he a character in the book “Cone with the Wind”? ;-)

24. You couldn’t just say, “Squirrel with an ice cream cone,” could you?

Bravo Mike. Bravo

25. i wonder what sound comes from out of it :)

26. Ice screams, of course. :)