The Zen Of The Capybara

Grasshopper, to achieve total peace and enlightenment, you must become one with The Capybara.

Once you have done so, you too will know the true meaning of Squee.

[Now, is it ZEN or is it TAO, like 'The Tao of Pooh.' Anyone know? -Ed]

From Callie H. who says: “I noticed that there is a shortage of capybara posts on Cute Overload! [True! -Ed] Here are some super cute capybaras enjoying some spa treatments.”

Comments

1. Capybuddha

2. Ummm, ummm…. (my sad mantra). Speaking of Zen, where’s our buddy Shiro The Zen Cat been?

3. Mamabear says:

Ohhhhhmmmm…

Also, if this isn’t enough these ‘giant guinea pigs’ for you (is there EVER enough?!), check out the youtube channel of this guy (who I nominate for Men o’ CO): http://www.youtube.com/user/caplincapybara?feature=watch

4. edmundh says:

You mean if I left a wooden tub under running hot water, capybaras will magically appear? GREAT!

* runs out to shop for large wooden tub *

5. edmundh says:

Shiro has been his usual self: sleeping, trying out new head gears, sleeping, tanning outside, and more sleeping. You should follow his YouTube channel:

6. 4leafclover says:

I love this. I don’t understand it, of course, but that hardly seems important.

7. Thank you for this therapeutic dose of capybaras, really needed it! And I guess you would say either “Capybara Zen” or “the Tao of Capybara” (Tao just means “way”)

8. tagatha says:

I am now inspired to move into my bathtub and never come out.

9. We’re gonna need a bigger barrell…

10. another candidate for comment of the year so far.

11. The Original Jane says:

Ummm…second video, :27 – :37, turn up the sound, “Oh, Susanna” is playing, and yet they are in Japan? I thought I was in Frontierland at Disney for a minute there.

12. I think it’s Zen you’re thinking of. Taoism is about balance, while Zen is about interconnectedness. Put another way, Taoism is a capybara in motion, while Zen is a pile of them napping together.

13. Colleen says:

These guys are the Marus of capybaras.

14. This one is my absolute favorite, I’ve been hoping it’d show up here, but I don’t think it has. If it doesn’t embed, you should still totally click the link and watch it :)

15. Um, that’s not the one I meant to do, apparently it’s playing all my favorites…

16. Oh well, they’re all good, and there’s a capybara video in there somewhere

17. I believe the correct CO mantra is

Nnnoooooooommmmmmmmm.

18. joools in PDX says:

Happy capys!! Hot tubs make everything better! Definitely Zen. Except that The Way of the Capybara seems to include hot tubs, in this instance. Don’t tell all the others, or they will be wanting them too!

19. LOL to you both.

20. Lucy's mommeh says:

I do believe I have found my totem animal.

21. joools in PDX says:

What’s the name of the one that looks like Chrissie Hynde? (With the black bangs…) He/she is my favorite but the site is so hard to read…

22. LOVE THEM!!! Need some!!! Best thing I have seen all day.

23. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

So true! You just gotta grok it!

24. katrinab73 says:

yeah! and a little later in the video dixieland is playing haha

25. The next time I’m in yoga class I’ll think capybara during meditation ;)

26. The capybara has been my favorite animal since I was a kid. The interwebs may close now, perfection has been reached. This had made me so happy that my husband thinks i’ve been taking his Vicodin.

27. humminbirdie says:

loff eet!!!

but i want to know why these charming giant rodents live better than i do…??!

28. Tim McDaniel says:

Soft capybara
    Warm capybara
    Huge pile of fur
    Sleepy capybara
    Happy capybara
    Squee, squee, squee

Naw, the kitteh version works better.

29. Tim McDaniel says:

The second video is worse than that. Native to South America, the tunes are

0:30 Oh! Suzanna
    0:40 The Old Grey Mare (Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts)
    0:50 ?
    1:07 Yankee Doodle Dandy
    1:21 Turkey in the Straw
    1:33 Dixie
    2:12 ?

WTF, Japan?

30. Both of the black-and-white cats are named Chibi. They are usually differentiated as Chibi-bang and Chibi-side after their head markings (though I sometimes think of them as Chibi-red and Chibi-blue after their collars).

31. Oh, and they’re all male, even Mimi.

32. 4leafclover says:

Aw, thanks, you guys!

33. fleurdamour says:

I just spit out my tea. Lol!

34. THAT THING THEY DO WITH THEIR EARS!!!!!!11!!OMG!!PONIES!!!!DOWANT!

Just wanted to point that out.

35. bluebird says:

um, capys…is there room for a lady in there?

36. TheFluffmaster says:

Woah. Did u know u can actually WATCH BOTH AT THE SAME TIME? NO, I did apparently not know. Double the cuteness! oh, and seeing ur comment above, I think you mean: OMG!!!!!!!CAPYBARAS!!!! I WANT!

37. Laura DragonWench says:

Okay, there needs to be a Disney movie with capybaras as the star, pronto! Heck, the adorable rodents already look like gigantic cartoon characters anyway. :D

On a separate note, I now want to bathe like a capybara, ’cause that looked relaxing as all get out!

38. There are capybara anime characters!

39. Reblogged this on cissyblue and commented:
    Re-blog: Cute Overload, no infringements intended…

40. Fird Birfle says: