Friday Haiku: Spins A Web, Any Size

Catches those bad guys
Just like flies, look out! There goes
Smilin’ Spiderman.

8486660037_72f5d393f9_b
Sent in by Alice P., with photo by Darlyne Murawski, National Geographic.

Comments

1. Rachael says:

Wait, what?? :)

That is one of the silliest things I’ve ever seen. But in a good way! :)

2. Katherine says:

Happy spider butt!

3. Guarding her babies
    Most Arachnids are good moms
    They deserve more love!

4. I’m going to choose to COMPLETELY IGNORE every part of this *eek* spider that is not its happy butt. Otherwise, it’s still totally terrifying.

5. Something is wrong here
    Charlotte was not this giddy
    That spider is drunk

6. No spiders, EVAH!!!

7. Robin Kiesel says:

Disguised with a smile
    Weaving a web of deceit
    Happy face of death

8. Love the spidey but, my goodness, those eggs are not helping my (yes i know, completely irrational) clusterphobia!

9. Catwhisperer says:

Love this!
    Signed, Anne Arachnophobe

10. eeuuuwwwww.

but animal planets kitten cam is great, tune in!

11. Ah, my fav-o-rite
    Species of arachnid, now
    On Cute Overload!

12. Not cute at all guys
    Clown-spider of my nightmares
    Where is the tissue?

13. trypophobia does have evolutionary-advantage-type roots, tuck – while not technically recognized in the psychological community, it is suggested that it stems from a necessary awareness of open sores, egg sacs of venomous beasties, and skin conditions!

*sprinkles stardust* the more you knowww

14. I remember reading about this guy’s happy butt in like a National Geographic Kids sort of magazine! (there was one of those once upon a time, right? am I making that up?)

15. lisaLASSIE says:

Agreed: plus all the other syllables.

16. dubyah1 says:

Red ‘Home Alone’ face:
    Nature’s way of telling us
    Touch not this spider

17. Like pearls, like opals
    My beautiful babies wait
    To turn into gold

18. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
    8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
    8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

19. …uh, that was SPOZ’TA be 5-7-5 8O ‘s.

20. I happily looked
    for cute; behold, a spider.
    Please, never again

21. Yesss! A cute spider! If CO can’t make a spider cute, nobody can!

22. Scout C says:

How come when I was in Hawaii all I saw was a gigantic, hairy cane spider the size of a softball climbing up the wall in a beach changing room? I think everyone outside may have gotten a show when I ran out in whatever state of dress/undress I was in. I am not usually afraid of spiders or insects, but when they are as big as the palm of my hand, crawling within two feet of me, and I am semi-nekkid, then they freak me out.

23. kibblenibble says:

:lol:

24. Apathygrrl says:

NOOOOO!!!!! DO NOT WANT!!! NOT CUTE!!
    *screams and runs away*

25. Well, perhaps i’m not so crazy after all; thanks Tracylee! It makes trying to cook Couscous a nightmare, but at least now i know why!

26. Please NO spiders!!!
    They´re awful. Not cute at all! And it’s breeding!

*screams and runs very far far far away*

27. It looks just like the horror movie Smiley

*still running”

28. Fixed eet.
    Remember, the return key is your friend. lol.

29. Spa-, spa-, spa-, spayeeeeeeeeeeeder!!!!!!

30. mrowbecca says:

please please please please no more spiders. I can never get my husband to even look at Cute Overload because he’s arachnophobic and he’s freaked out at just the thought of them being on here. Seriously, he’s properly scared poopless of spiders.
    Please. Won’t somebody think of the overgrown children?

31. So cute! Spiders don’t get enough love on here! Please, more spider posts! :D

32. Arachnaphobe here, please stick to cute things and not so much of the spooky spiders :(

33. Haystack says:

:D

I love spiders, if you couldn’t tell. :) I blame this on my mother for reading “Charlotte’s Web” to me when I was six. XD I think the one’s with the big WALL-E eyes are the cutest, but if you ever got the chance to pet some of the longer-haired tarantula species, they are seriously as soft as a rabbit!