Flashback Friday

Righty ho! We’ve seen Rapunzel and we’ve seen Farrah Fawcett, and now we raise you a Linus, the long-maned horse of Oregon!

unsajpg_img_assist_custom-600x428

LINUS1jpg_img_assist_custom-600x397

article-2266904-171AA12E000005DC-740_634x420

Comments

1. Love the hovertext!!!
    Man this was one awesome horse…those ‘locks rock!

2. Long, blonde, wavy, hair. Why do I have Twisted Sister stuck in my head? ;-)

3. quite interesting and unusual…for a one time gig!

4. Victoria, Mom to 2 Rats says:

The horse in the first picture doesn’t appear to be the same as the one in the other two. The blaze and socks are different.

5. 260Oakley says:

Bet that’s a pain to mane-tain.

6. 260Oakley says:

Maybe that’s the father and Linus is the hair apparent.

7. Linus looks like he trotted out of a fairytale sketchbook.

8. Shelley says:

Sire-ously?

9. Shelley says:

When I was a kid, I used to draw my horses with manes and tales like this — I didn’t draw anything but horses then, or think about much else either.

10. SlaveToCat says:

Shudder

11. SlaveToCat says:

So that’s what the guys did for fun back before electricity and the internet. I’m sure his wife and daughters loved him.
    Or could be an ad for a new reality tv show. Hair Extensions Gone Wild in the Hicks.

♪♫Bad Girls Bad Girls wach ya gonna do when the hair comes for you♪♫.

12. rescue gal says:

You are very right!

13. rescue gal says:

I don’t have a photo to submit, but CO needs to get on this news about the new, rare horse TWINS born in Georgia! STAT!

14. Amy Swiney says:

Yes, the twin foals are unique and unusual, but the dam is in extremely poor (1-2) condition and the owners are under investigation by the local animal control. http://tiftongazette.com/local/x2055658108/Nationwide-concern-for-horse

15. 260Oakley is on fire. Sizzle sizzle!

16. rescue gal says:

Thank you for the info! And shame on them. I hope the horse family will be protected and in good care.

17. “Linus” is at least 2 horses-look at the markings.
    Amy Swiney,you’re right about the mare’s condition-I nearly had a heart attack when I saw her! Hopefully the attention from the Net will get the mare and foals the food and care they need.

18. Good catch! From reading the article that the images link to, it seems possible that the horse with the shorter socks is his son, Linus II.

19. For some reason I’m reminded of the Lady Godiva myth… this horse is both the lady and her horse rolled up in one! Does this mean anyone who peeps at this horse as she canters through town is (peeping) Tom?

20. LOL!

21. crookedE says:

There is a painting at the Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown, NY that is believed to be Linus: http://folkartcooperstown.blogspot.com/2011/07/horse-with-longest-hair-in-world.html