Two Paws Up

CO is sorry to note the passing of the great movie critic Roger Ebert, who had battled cancer for years.

3479297052_ecffd5edb3_b

SONY DSC

PHOTO_8967940_148597_22684066_main

DSC_0099
Image Credits: 1) Interwebs 2) Tumbili001’s Flickr 3) Daily Otter 4) The Weather Channel 5) Cosmo Brown The Smashing Kitteh from Cuteporter Sarah S.

Comments

1. Here Here .. Some people just go to soon.

RIP Mr. Ebert – You will be missed

2. We’ll miss you, Mr. Squeebert.

3. Oh No! i am so sorry to hear this. Two Paws up for a life well lived.

4. Okay and Hubby and I would always watch Siskel & Eberts reviews because if they both liked it it was a slam dunk for us if Siskel Liked it I knew I would love it and if Ebert Loved it I knew Hubby would.

5. dgerish says:

Mr. Ebert, you contributed so many good things to the world. Peace to your family, and rest well.

6. Kari Callin says:

May your next adventure be two paws…er, I mean thumbs up!

7. SlaveToCat says:

2 thumbs and 8 paws down for Cancer. And a giant raspberry too boot.

8. Such sad news. Can’t think of a more fitting tribute though to someone who loved Totoro. Two fuzzy paws up, little kitties.

9. I second that motion.

10. Sad news indeed. Mr. Ebert seemed like such a nice fellow, and I’m sure he would appreciate this tribute.

11. What a lovely tribute! *sneef* He will be missed.

12. He was a great and good man.

And a fan of Henri, le Chat Noir.

13. What a wonderful tribute to Mr Ebert! May he rest in peace.

14. So sorry to hear about this. The man had a strong will and real fight to life.

I’m imgining Siskel meeting him at the pearly gates with a big thumbs up.

15. Mamabear says:

A quote from him in regard to his cancer: “… I have no pain. I enjoy life, and why should I complain?”

What an awesome, positive attitude! Two thumbs way up for a life lived well and like others have said, two thumbs down for cancer.

16. I imagine Ebert saved him an aisle cloud.

17. prinsas says:

and Genie is patting the chair next to himself. Thumbs up to the both of ‘em. [wiping eyes for no good reason]

18. 6rabbits says:

Fitting tribute to a great man, may he rest in peace; and thank you CO for providing the link to the obit.
    I grew up with Siskel and Ebert. My sister and I enjoyed their repartee, even when we didn’t agree with the reviews! “Two thumbs up” became part of our vocabulary, along with the comment “Are you Siskel or Ebert?” during heated disagreements. :-)
    He will be missed.

19. 6rabbits says:

Third! *Joining in with the raspberries, and adding some booing*

20. Betty Pickett says:

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this.

21. Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert were staunch supporters of the Chicago Film Festival. I had a chance to meet them at an opening one year and they were charming and down to earth. I am an eternal fan of them both.

22. Rachael says:

From his obit: “They can remake movies, but no one will ever be able to recreate or match the one and only Roger Ebert.”

His words about his wife: “She fills my horizon, she is the great fact of my life, she is the love of my life, she saved me from the fate of living out my life alone.”

I’m so sorry for our collective loss. RIP Roger… and say hi to Gene for me.

23. It was eating him alive, and he still had that attitude .. People should learn from that ..

24. (Like CO’s hoomins and four or two or six legged friends, it celebrates life. From the Onion, yet!)

25. skippymom says:

He was a good friend of my great-uncle Dan. They wrote a book together.

26. :cry: I second that, dgerish :cry: Rest In Peace, Mr. Roger Ebert :cry:

27. FOURTH!

28. AWW :cry: What is the name of that book, skippymom?

29. skippymom says:

It’s called The Perfect London Walk. The last time I was in London, I did the walk, and it is pretty nice.