Koala Care Tip Of The Day

They don’t enjoy being watered.

Ever.

8598794498_1b9fc33070_o
(Quoting The Telegraph: “This koala was sleeping in a tree when it was rudely awakened by a gardener who decided to water his trees. Matt Wilkinson said: “There was a heatwave in Adelaide recently and temperatures reached up to 40C. We use the sprinklers and garden hose to wet the house and surrounding trees when it’s hot to avoid a bush fire but when I watered one of the trees, this koala got a bit of a soaking. It was a boiling hot day so I’m sure it helped the koala cool down.”) Photo by Matthew Graham Wilkinson/Caters.

Comments

1. Blue Footed Booby says:

The expression would be menacing if it weren’t for the tongue.

2. Rachael says:

And the fact that he looks like a stuffed animal. It’s really hard to take Mr. McGrumpersons seriously. :)

3. mindadale says:

Oh, they don’t look so cuddly when wet. Pretty hilarious though!

4. Off-topic….it’s World Rat Day ! How about some rat pictures ?

5. Alice Fraggle says:

Aww poor little guy. He reminds me of that photo series of the sweltering Koala crawling into (and gently lowering himself into) a bucket of water.

6. Yasmine says:

It’s the deadly Drop Bear! (google it..)

7. um, a bit of an Impending Doom Tag, perhaps???

8. When asked for his/ her response, Mr. /Ms. Koala said “We are NOT amused.”

9. Bettymouse says:

World Rat Day!?! I had no idea! I hope it’s not too late to make a cake (created entirely from green peas, of course).

10. Catwhisperer says:

The trees in my yard are disappointingly koala-free. What can I plant in Zone 5 that will attract them? ;)

11. bluebird says:

That is an expression of discontent, for sure.

12. Merissa says:

Wow, that’s some defcon-1 disapproval.

13. Yep! Definitely the best stink eye I’ve ever seen! The tongue makes it even better! :)

14. Mmmm, I love the smell of wet koala in the morning.

15. Hey. You with da hose. You an’ me, we’re gonna have WOIDS!

16. Dude… how many times do I hafta tell you… Do not spray the Koala Man with the hose… Capeche?

17. If it was that hot he probably did him good to get wet, not that you always enjoy what’s good for you :lol:

18. absolutely! consider eet done.

19. If anyone tries to tell you to plan a Koala Tree, don’t believe it, because you’ll be very disappointed. Kinda like when I was a kid and was so bummed when my mother got some Hens ‘n Chicks to plant in her garden and not one bird showed up.

20. Major “Blehh”.

21. Mamabear says:

Don’t ever feed ‘em after midnight

22. When I was a teeny little thing, my dad (who worked in what we in LA call ‘The Industry’ – motion pictures…) was sent to Australia on location. He was gone for _months_, and sent me a koala stuffy for my third birthday. I named it ‘Billy Blue Gum’, and insisted that it had to be put, when I wasn’t playing or sleeping with it, in one of the eucalyptus trees that served as a windbreak for Mom’s walnut grove, on the edge of which was our house. (Eucalyptus grows quite nicely in southern California…)

Dad eventually switched to television so that he wouldn’t have to go away as often, and I still have BBG.

23. lisaLASSIE says:

When I lived in Atlanta I planted a eucalyptus tree outside the kitchen door purely to attract koalas and never got a single one. :( :(

24. lisaLASSIE says:

“Now is the koala’s expression of discontent made gloriously cute by this deluge of water. Oh that this too too drenched marsupial would dry out, fluff and return to sleeping”.

That is by Shakespeare. I’m pretty sure it is.

25. murkle46 says:

Koala looks like he’s ready to tear someones head off.

26. Ladybird says:

Imagine how fluffy he’d be after his blow wave!

27. This is outrageously funny!

28. Rachael says:

I love that story but the best part is that you still have BBG. Give him a hug for me.

29. Catwhisperer says: