I’ll ‘Av Me A Dish O’ Guinness If Ya Please

East London’s White Bear pub is most accommodating to its furry patrons. As long as they pay up.

Thanks to Nat S.

Comments

1. Ay, them pups got a wee bit o’ the Irish in ‘em, begorrah!

2. I don’t even drink, and I would hit this pub every week.

3. I like the guy sitting at the pub reading a paper with the cat drinking right next to him, nothing out of the ordinary here!

4. Those East Enders really know how to run a proper pub.

5. Haha! I didn’t even notice until you pointed it out! Most excellent.

6. Connie Swail says:

According to their website the dogs are Bo and Poppet, and the cat is Bud. Excellent.

7. SlaveToCat says:

Those crazy European Socialists really have their priorities straight when it comes to the quality of life. Especially when it involves your local pub.

8. SlaveToCat says:

Kitteh is developing a beer belly. More belly to snorgle.

9. twocityshibas says:

Oooh. Beer. My favorite!
    Oooh. Pub food. My favorite!
    Oooh. Puppehs and kittehs? My favorite!!!!!

10. The British are SO civilized! I do love those people.

11. Bar fight! I must travel to the UK to break it up immediately.

12. roastpotato says:

OMG, just up the road from me and I didn’t even know :-O
    Thanks so much Nat S!

13. I want to go to there.

14. Wow, you are really dedicated. Such a peacemaker! :)

15. a true Qte-er…doesn’t notice the talent when there are fuzzball about!

16. joools in PDX says:

I can’t resist:

Oh, the liquor was spilled on the barroom floor
    And the bar was closed for the night
    And the little brown mouse
    Crept out of his house
    And sat in the pale moonlight.
    He lapped up the liquor from the barroom floor
    And back on his haunches he sat,
    And the rest of the night you could hear him roar,
    “Bring on the [gosh-darned] cat!”

17. joools in PDX says:

(P.S. Classic British drinking song!)

18. skippymom says:

If I ever *sigh* get back to London, I am so going there.

19. BEST PUB Ever. And RoastPotato Get you to that pub. and we expect a report with pictures and graphs and video!

20. Photos, Roast. Photos!

21. Looking forward to a first hand report from our international cute-respondent from our London office . Eat your heart out CNN !!!

22. SlaveToCat says:

Rumor has it that Roastpotato has several spare bedrooms and a fold out couch that are available for CO addicts. They may also be running a shuttle service between the Flat, the Pub, and Heathrow, called the spud run. The Cat told me, so it must be true.

23. Me too, Saffron, me too!

24. I, International (well, ok, just up the road) cutereporter roastpotato have braved the elements for a 20 minute walk and visted this now internationally famous hostellery as soon as I could drag my friend there!
    Straight away when I got in the door I spotted Bud, Bo and Poppet and friendly little Poppet took all my attention until I managed to notice my friend trying not to grumble…
    So I bought the drinks and sat on the sofa (lovely Union Jack cushions) with Poppet on my knee (!) and Bo rolling over on his back for a belly rub.
    Bud was chilling today, no action like in Nat S.’s video, he was sticking close to the radiator, but he was happy to be stroked a little.
    I spoke to lovely barman Joe and told him that the pub was now internationally famous and showed him Nat S.’s video on here. Joe told me that Bud is always in the pub though he has been known to bite, and he likes to drink iced water from a bowl on the bar, while standing on a bar stool.
    Essential visitor info – Bo and Poppet are in the pub every week day but only until 6pm when their human mum returns, she is the landlady not surprisingly.
    I played tug with Bo and the dogs racoon type toy, and got the two of them to play tug together with it too. Poppet follwed me round and barked when big vans and buses went past :-)
    After being given a gingerbread man by Joe (I told you he was lovely) my friend managed to drag me out, and on the way I saw a dog coat and lead hanging by the pub door!
    I have emailed all in-focus pictures to CO so we will see what happens. If they don’t come up on here click on my name which should take you to my gravatar and I’ve put them on there :-D
    Love, RP

25. I have a valid Canadian Passport and would just LOVE to go to that pub and give that cat, Bud, a petting and cuddling :D

26. roastpotato says:

Your wish is my command Brinkie :-)

27. roastpotato says:

It is kitty and I did, just as soon as I could! See above (weirdly out of place) full report and new post today for pics!

28. roastpotato says: