You Wanna Mess With ME, Cat?

Mr. McMantis says “Got something special for ya right here, big guy!”

We’re Positive that Roman sent this in.

Comments

1. Martha in Washington says:

Is today National Let’s Freak Martha Out with All These Evil Praying Mantises Day or something?!?!!!!!
    *serious shuddering happening*

2. CatViccer says:

Bwahaha at link in the caption!!

3. kibblenibble says:

Martha, I’m with you on this one. That is one bad*ss bug.

4. Victoria, Mom to 2 Rats says:

I think mantids are cute. :)

5. that cat looks like he could be my kitten MayBL’s babydaddy. where’s maury!?

6. This video stopped too soon.

What it didn’t show:

Kitty: Ha ha ha, Just pretending alarm, dumb booty. You really think Imafraida you?

SPLAT.

Kitty’s owners wake up the next morning to find praying mantis corpse outside the door..

Or maybe only its head next to them in bed, depending on how many times the kitty has seen The Godfather.

7. TINEE TABBEE
    MAJICK MITTINS

8. Socalgirlie75 says:

Looks like they are playing a game of one-handed “slap” :)

9. that “tabbee” could be my kitten MayBL’s babydaddy! where’s maury?!

10. flutterby says:

What a riot! Say yer prayers Mr. McMantis……watch out for QuickPaw McGraw there!

11. Interspecies paper, rock, scissors!

12. I’m praying that the mantis survived!

13. murkle46 says:

All hail Zorak!

14. I’m shuddering right there with you Martha!!!

15. I don’t think it was ever in any danger. It’s not like it couldn’t have just flown away if it wanted.

16. They fly!?!? I thought they hopped!? 8O

17. His praying mantis kung fu let’s him take on furry creatures 100ox his size! 8O

18. fleurdamour says:

That is INSANE.

19. fleurdamour says:

Or interweight boxing. Float like a catterfly, sting like a…mantis.

20. Coffee Cup says:

No, they definitely fly. My shrieks of terror attest to this.

21. If do right, no can defense!

22. does anyone know how this standoff ended …. I’m on the edge of my seat.

23. more like paper, rock, scissor, smack! :)

24. Wow, that’s one bad bug!

25. me too. hoping they had a good talk, worked out their differences, agreed to not carry on a feud, and then someone dropped a cup over Mr. Mantis, slipped a piece of paper under it, and showed him the door. but it might have all ended in tears.

26. All I know is Praying Mantises are BAD ASS BUGS! and that cat should RUN AWAY!

27. MinglesMommy says:

I was waiting for the cat to go, “Screw this” – whack with paw – “Problem solved.”

28. Are you not entertained??

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

29. Fird Birfle says:

In a Related and Intiguing Story, the following was broadcast on tv in Jacksonville Fla on Saturday night. Martha, you won’t wish to see this:

(PS: I fell asleep before the end of the movie, not due to the film but due to physically being wiped out, so unfortunately I cannot tell you. whether the Earth survived this horrific event….)

30. Laura DragonWench says:

Could not stop hearing this in my head as I watched the video.

31. Walrus whiskers! So confused, and so curious. Mostly, confused.

32. My guess is the cat squashed the mantis because no bug has survived our cat, Dooley’s claws.