OMGPONIES!!!!1!1! (We Call This Look “The Farrah”)

Positively Angelic, no?

8466614134_2de325ebb8_o
The Firdinator sent this one in.

Comments

1. WOW. WOWEEEWOWWOWWOW. 8O

2. Firdie, did you send this in? GREAT CATCH!!!

3. Is that a Rock-a-Doodle reference, or am I just crazy?

4. Haflinger and Friesan? Beautiful

5. Farrah Fawcett or Fabio?

6. I’m taking the fifth. :D

7. Deborah KI says:

Maybe it’s Neighbelline!

8. Gaw, Is this fo real? Never seen such a coiffed hoss.

9. skippymom says:

I just told her it was here. She didn’t know.

10. Does anyone else think that Fabio should do a guest voice on My Little Pony?

11. MarvinCat says:

I wish my hair looked half as beautiful!!!

12. WOW!! Such a beautiful photo (and horse). Nicely done, Fird!! *Pompoms waving wilding*

13. Can horses get weaves?

14. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

Threadjack: I got an email telling me the results are in for the Bay Area A-List. I am happy to tell all of you peeps that our very own Furrtographer, Josh Norem, won in the Best Pet Photographer category.

= shakes pom poms wildly =

Congratulations, Josh!

15. When I saw the “Bosley” reference in the hovertext, the first thing I thought of was the Bosley Hair Transplant (or whatever they call themselves) on those infomercials that come on when you’ve fallen asleep on the couch and you wake up at 2 a.m. wondering why you were dreaming of hair…

16. Does Rohan know one of its mearas is missing? We just went from Cute Overload to Gorgeous Overload! *shading eyes*

17. tommygirl says:

LOVE

18. lisaLASSIE says:

To me it looks like a Gypsy Vanner. If I’m correct, I claim the horse as first prize. If I’m wrong, I claim the horse as a consolation prize.

19. Probably real. I think my pony’s mane and tail could have looked like that–if I had been willing to put in a whole heck of a lot of work. Just maintaining it as well as I did was a chore. Another reason you don’t see manes and tails like this too often is that many ponies/horses are kept in barbed wire enclosures, and any long hair tends to get snagged and pulled out. (Unfortunately, wooden fences are expensive, and not all animals will stay inside electric fences. I was lucky that mine did–most of the time.)

20. emmberrann says:

Fantastc! Congrats to the Norem of Joshness(TM)!!

21. emmberrann says:

How beautiful is this anyway? Lovely picture of UNnreal pwny (i’m pwned, obvy)

22. I see a bottle of cham-panya and a 2 way mirror…very continental…

23. I’ve decided this is who will greet me in Heaven.

24. Copperbat says:

This is a palomino Gypsy stallion named Dragon Fire. This horse is fully feathered, a very desirable attribute of the Gypsy, which is a good clue to identifying his breed.

An interesting bit of trivia: the feathering gene is recessive/accumulative, making it impossible for a horse to develop fully feathered legs if one or both parents aren’t also fully feathered. For instance, Friesians have feathers but aren’t considered fully feathered, so wouldn’t produce feathered crosses, especially if bred to a non-feathered breed.

25. flutterby says:

Ohhhh….the thing of dreams! I’ve truly fallen and can’t get up *sigh*

26. faith hill

27. i have a fb friend who’s a horsie girl, and she posts all sorts of pics of horses with shampoo-commercial manes. it’s quite the trope.

28. That coiffure would make Vidal Sassoon weep.

29. YEA!! *tooting toot-tooters and shaking glitter poms* Well done, Josh!

30. Hardly a surprise but soooo exciting!!! Yay for our Joshinator!!

31. I want hair like that. On my head. Not on the my legs.

32. This picture needs a soundtrack — something like this maybe?

33. lisaLASSIE says:

1. I believe the horse is a skewbald, not a palomino. a. Palomino = ”
    a horse with a golden coat, a white mane and tail, and often white markings on the face and legs, developed chiefly in the southwestern U.S. …” b. Skewbald = marked with patches of white and any other color but black
    2. However, you have verified it to be a Gypsy Vanner and therefore I expect CO to deliver him to me asap. Of course, I’d have expected that had I been wrong, but still.

34. The ridiculously long mane and tail is standard in Gypsy Vanner horses. A Google Image search of the breed is highly worthwhile!

35. Robin Kiesel says:

HA!!

36. mauderules says:

Shampoo commercial is right, especially the slow-motion aspect. What a beautiful creature. I hope he likes being groomed as much as I like the results.

37. sabrina rose says:

Gorgeous horse, gorgeous photography. This horse could take the place of Fabio on book covers!

38. Copperbat says:

Yep, lisaLASSIE! Skewbald is the correct term for a coat pattern of non-black color patches on white. In the US, we don’t use skewbald/piebald very often, but rather “pinto”, or even more commonly, the specific type of coat pattern such as tobiano, overo, tovery, sabino, etc. This is true even for imported breeds like the Gypsies.

The dilute gene that causes the golden *color* and creamy mane/tail on this particular horse is still referred to as palomino, even though he has the skewbald coat *pattern*. I don’t know what the golden color and pinto pattern combination is called elsewhere, but he is correctly called palomino in my country. His pattern would be called tobiano.

I hope you have plenty of room in your spare bedroom for this beautiful boy! ;D

39. Mrs Shadowfax??

40. Martha in Washington says:

I’m taking this photo to my hairstylist, Judy, next time I go.
    *shows pic to Judy*
    “I wanna look like that!”
    *Judy laughs hysterically*

41. Michelle says:

hmmm……”Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
    Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen
    Give me down to there, hair, shoulder length or longer…” hahaha!

42. Madame X says:

Groovy…

Fabio pony ees, howyousay?, mahvelous!

43. YAY I DID SEND this in yippppeeeeee omgponies!!!111

44. If Judy is a wise and/ or a successful
    hairstylist, she is prolly very cautious to NEVER laugh hysterically at the job site under any circumstances whatever.

45. *does a Snoopy Victory Dance*

46. 8-O

47. *does more Snoopy Victory Dancing*

48. *smugly burnishes fingernails on sport jacket like Napoleon*

YAY TO SK’mom for the headses-upses!!! STILL MAH HERO

49. @ Brinke re “angelic” + blue text/link:

I see whut u did !!!! *shifty eyes*

50. (pouts due to 12-hour-ish moderayshe for an item which I stoutly believe has ZERO objectionability which I can identify…)…stamps tiny feet.

51. *helps flutterbye up and into a comfy side chair*
    *brings her a mug of hot cocoa*

52. oh moderaytors??? whyowhy izzit still under modz???
    nearly 24 hours later and nothing objectionable there, je crois ….

*pouts fiercely*