What Has Wings?

Butterflies do!

Adorable baroo ducklings do!

Titmouses Titmice Teetsmooses This titmouse does!

Caterpillars do! Wait, what?

“Mamba (Black) Swallowtail Butterfly chasing the drips around the hose as we
watered the lawn” taken at Selati Game Reserve, South Africa by Alex T.
Puddin’ the duckling from Jacqueline F.
Photographer Colleen B. captured the super cute titmouse.
Last, but not least, Josè Louis R. took the last photo and Emilie F. “had to share this picture I stumbled on of European bee eater birds snuggled together on a branch…together they make a fluffy flock of cuteness!”

Comments

1. Regarding the titmouse, it’s always important exactly when you tap the screen to release the three birds. If you want to smash a thick wall, wait until the very last minute to maximize impact. If you want to affect a larger area, tap earlier to spread them out.

2. sabrina rose says:

Beg pardon? No idea what you are saying. I believe that the word tit comes from the Old English term for something very small. Somewhat later on the word teat was corrupted into slang for breast.

3. It’s a reference to Angry Birds

4. Look at the bird’s itty-bitty tongue! So teeny!

5. The Original Jane says:

Wow. Those bee eaters are just gorgeous!

6. Nobody said anything about breasts. 8$

7. Bee eaters: “Everybody who wants to be in the picture, get over on the branch!” :D

8. I almost didn’t realize those bee eaters were birds!!!…it’s been a really long day.

9. It was a poor attempt to make an Angry Birds reference since the titmouse looks a lot like the blue bird in the game.

10. At first glance I thought they were one funky caterpillar with something I’d not seen before hanging underneath. Fuzz? Legs?
    Much cuter being birds with tails! :-)

11. “Here’s a pair of tits.”

(From the same folks who brought us “Look Around You.”

12. sabrina rose says:

Oh…I get it now!

13. That duckling has keeled me ded. plz tell my mom I love her

14. Jenny Islander says:

You too? I thought, “Whoa, I’ve never seen a caterpillar that baroque before. Must be tropical. What are the hangy-down petals for?” and then I looked at the credit and looked back and BIRDS.

15. The text said caterpillar… the power of suggestion. Not until I read the text below did I realize what I was seeing!

16. Since it’s a duck, can it still be pigeon-toed? And when a DUCK is pigeon-toed, the toes actually overlap!

I, too, was perfectly willing to accept that row of bee-eaters as a caterpillar until we were told otherwise. Because, there are so many weirdly wonderful animals in the world, I’ll believe almost anything.

17. Well, the hovertext sort of implied it. :mrgreen:

18. Blue Footed Booby says:

Attorney general–>attorneys general
    Titmouse–>titsmouse

19. Now that I have seen adorable baroo duckling I can die happy..g’bye! (thud)

20. Birdcage says:

I would also like to join the “thought it was a kittehpiller” crowd, please and thanks!! And I consider myself to be quite the expert spotter of all-things-boid, generally.

21. Darn it, for a minute I actually thought the “back-skippers” are real!

22. Catwhisperer says:

Yes! Tongue-hance, please.

23. Catwhisperer says:

Nope. I like teetsmooses better and shall, henceforth, refer to them as such.

24. tommygirl says:

I’ve never heard of the European Bee eaters – gorgeous birds!!

25. Well, the duckie has more of a winglet really. But that catepillar at the end is the kind of catepillar I like.

26. Agreed. I totally fell under the power of suggestion. Even when I read the text at the bottom I was still wondering what bee eater birds it was talking about and why they didn’t credit the person who took the picture of the caterpillar.

27. Bird/Caterpillar is both FUNKY and BAROQUE?

FUNKY:

BAROQUE:

28. This line in NWF magazine gave me a good laugh: “In the same family as North American tufted titmice and chickadees, great tits are common throughout Europe.”

29. To avoid the snickering of the 12 year old boys who hang out at our house, I refer to them as pipsqueaks.

30. (the titmice, not the boys)

31. Hold onto youself– Blue tits are common, too. 8O

32. The ‘fros are almost as serious as the funk. Is that Lionel Ritchie in the background on sax?

33. but only when it’s cold