Now, I Know This Looks Bad…

Indeed, you may be thinking “she should know better.” And you may well be right.

But consider this: I simply discovered the flour here. I had no idea this was your flour. You keep your flour in the pantry, so whose flour was this? I wondered.

Or was it even flour at all? My mind began to swirl with doubt. A suspicious package, an unusual location — maybe it was a bomb… meant for you!

I had to know! I couldn’t bear that my owner — my kind, benevolent owner — might perish due to my neglect! With no thought for my safety, I slashed at the package!

Anyway, it turned out to be flour. So when’s dinner?

“Left a bag of flour on the side for 10 mins and this is what happened,” says drew_anywhere.

Comments

1. What a helpful kitty! He’s already dusted for pawprints, should make the perp easy to find…

2. Kitty’s gonna spill a little flour if you want her to make biscuits. Mmm, kitty biscuits….

3. My Stinky once pried open a tin of cocoa, spread the stuff on the kitchen floor, and rolled around in it. He was a tuxie, suddenly he was an instant calico. Freaked me out.

4. OTOH, this dainty little butter-wouldn’t-melt kitty reminds me of my Mimi

5. Been there with my own “selfless” kitties :lol:

6. sabrina rose says:

Love the cat’s bland, “so what?” expression. He has such a long, pretty tail. Where did the pink toaster come from? I’d love to find a pink toaster!

7. (a little google later)

um…yikes. that one looks like the Dualit model. you do not want to know the price.

let’s just say kitteh-pants could be making patty-cakes with your bag of gold dust and it’d still be cheaper than the Dualit pink toaster…

8. Best. NTMTOM. Ever.

9. For those of you who think your cat is so cute you want to eat her up — she’s floured up and ready for the oven.

10. Surely, kitty now deserves a treat or reward for his self-less act?

11. And that expression is why cat-shaming just doesn’t work.

No apologies, no regrets.

12. Ten minutes???

Is this a new counter record?

13. hahaha, Kitty’s expression is an all too familiar one! My Tiger cat has that same “what-you-gonna-do-now” look in her eyes. <3 But kitty was super helpful, disarming a suspicious package through love. A treat is in order!

14. I don’t know why, but my kitty LOVES to rip open flour like that. He would do every bag if he could get his mittens on them!

15. 260Oakley says:

Flour Child celebrates her place in the counter culture.

16. murkle46 says:

Good Lord!$240 at Zappos?At that price I’ll get a ten buck cheapo at Meijers.Toast is toast.

17. SlaveToCat says:

Giggles and Claps

18. SlaveToCat says:

Looking at the rest of the items in the photo you will need a kitty that not only makes biscuits but also makes a lot of bread. But then again, in any good home , if the cat wants a pink toaster then the cat gets a pink toaster.

19. SlaveToCat says:

Hey silly human, I told you this is a gluten free home.

20. Wow! *stunned* (but in a good way) :)

21. Clairdelune says:

My kitty can’t resist a crinkly package of crispy crackers… and Doritos send her into a frenzy, she can smell them through the bag and finds no peace until it has been slashed open. I keep a small vacuum cleaner handy at all times. :-D

22. Catwhisperer says:

I don’t know, but I once sprinkled cayenne pepper on the counter because someone told me that would deter my cat from strolling around up there. Turned out he LOVED it. I gave up after that.

23. Sasha's Mum says:

Unless it’s Cylon toast.

24. sabrina rose says:

Sigh….another dream is dashed to pieces on the rocks of reality….

25. I’ve heard layers of tin foil startle them as being too noisy and break that habit.

26. :lol: I would love to see a picture of that, Theresa :lol:

27. Does she gobble those Doritos down, Clairdelune :lol:

28. :lol: Kitty has the look of “What?! I thought it was for me!” :lol:

29. See, if this was a dog we’d have the “guilty-as-shame” expression. There is no such equivalent in the feline world, and hence we have the “what?”

By the way I think NTMTOM or whatever his name is, may be the first human in history to be discovered to have a partially cat brain.

30. Oh yay, my second visit to the mod lounge in 24 hours. Next time I’ll pack my self-inflatable mattress.

31. It’s a looooonnnggg way from NZ to the Mod lounge ya knows!

32. YAY slavetocat and the Pink Toaster Movement!!!

33. I love that someone finally captured that particular cat expression with the cat caught red-handed… err… pawed. It’s that same look my dear departed Sammy would give me when caught doing something he absolutely knew was wrong and that he would get in trouble for. To me, it says, “Yes! I did it and I knew in advance you wouldn’t like it! I dare you to do anything about it. I’ll rip you a new one if you even try.” And mine would. I miss him and love him still. RIP Sammy the Wammy…