I Think I’m Going To Katmandu

Cute Overload has Cuteporters stationed far and wide. Don’t believe us? Take it away, Jackie B!

“I am currently backpacking in Asia (but checking in on Cute Overload on a daily basis – got to get my fix.) Today, amidst the fabulous old Nepali architecture of Bhaktapur (close to Kathmandu) I saw these two goats having a wonderful time playing on some poor soul’s car (their hooves did not seem to be doing the paintwork much good). I did enquire their names, but they bounced off to chew a lady’s salwar kameez and didn’t answer. Keep up the good work.”

[Roger that, Jackie- and have a safe trip! -Ed]

8562122471_e96514bcdc_b

8562123295_53824a9e6d_b

8562123489_dc1484aebb_b

8563229306_78306b67ab_b

8563229544_8ae2b03230_b
Thanks to Bob S. for the lyrical inspiration.

Comments

1. I love how all the pedestrians are just walking along, not paying any attention to the McGoatersons, like this happens all the time…

2. Maybe that’s just the Nepali version of an auto inspection for insurance purposes. Where’s Flo when you need her?!

3. 260Oakley says:

Is that a Yugoat? I haven’t seen one of those in ages.

4. So we get panhandlers with squeegees, and the Nepalese get baby goats? So not fair!

5. That’s because it does happen all the time.

6. 260Oakley says:

They have terrible stop-and-goat traffic in Kathmandu.

7. You know, i don’t think AAA covers goat hoof scratches.

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

Haha, oh man, imagine what that does to the paint. I mean, they don’t have shoes like horses but it’s still probably like getting keyed.

9. fleurdamour says:

Honk the horn to make ‘em hoof it.

10. twocityshibas says:

Anyone else think Goatie McGoat is looking for the keys to the car? ;-)

11. skippymom says:

I have sent an alert to Fird Birfle, who is not available at the moment, but I trust she will come here as soon as she can, goat-lover that she is.

12. skippymom says:

She’s on her way!

13. 260Oakley says:

Oh, you’re just looking for a scrape-goat.

14. YAY for ALL goats, YAY for Jackie B — but why do YOU get to go to Kathmandu and there were no invitations issued here at CO????, YAY for Brinke for assembling the pics and the story and YAY for skippymom (my personal superhero) for alerting me to “goats in the ‘hood”!!!

FWIW, I think the goat who is investigating the car’s wheel well seems to be attempting to determine “are YOU my mother?” and see if any milk is forthcoming from that metal and rubber area …..

*dramatic and melodramatic swoon*

*plop* *plop*

*fizz* *fizzzzzzzz…*

PS: In case ‘t’ain’t perfectly obvy, moi, j’aime les chevres !!!

15. skippymom says:

YAY, FIRD!!!

16. If I went to Katmandu and all I could find were goats, I’d be upset. I’d want some cats or I’d claim false advertising.

17. You’ve hit the trifecta, Oakley.

18. Good things come in threes, including your goat puns today. Well done.

19. Oh Man! Helps put perspective on the annoying but scratchless muddy kitty paw prints all over my car!

20. pupfanatic says:

So, this was Bob Seger’s motivation for the song? Now it all makes sense.

21. bluebird says:

Goats love climby toys. If you have goats, your preferred ride is a beat-up old pickup (negative bluebook). Especially since my goats thought we ought to take them out for a Sunday drive every nice weekend. They are quite well-behaved as passengers.

22. this made me smile.

23. The only thing that looks out of place in these photo’s is the car…