Sock It To…Me?

Lucy K. found this little fellow named Draco on The Facebook. Her take? “Baby goat in a sweateuw made from a sock? Yes, please.”

*Bonus points if you recognize the hip 60s title reference.

1. Draco Marlfoy

2. victoreia says:

3. Laugh-in.

4. NIXON on Laugh-in.

5. Precisely — that’s not just ANY “sock it to me.” And Pat Paulsen for President!!

6. Sometimes I do feel old.

7. Me too. I can still name the stars of that show…

8. The best thing he ever said. The funniest, too. I still want to vote for Pat Paulsen, though.

9. Hee hee My Mom trained a budgie she had to say “Sock it to me” (3 times in a row)
    It always made us kids Laugh(in) We thought it was “Veeeery Interestink”

10. But stupid! JK :-) We used to watch Laugh-in reruns when I was a kid. Lots of funny.

11. I’m not sure if it’s a rule of Qte, but it should be: If it can wear a sock as an outfit, it’s cute.

12. yes.

13. A tube goat — that’s a first for me.

14. splat

15. Well . . . “sock it to me” wasn’t just something Nixon said. It was Laugh-In’s catch phrase (sometimes said by a very young Goldie Hawn) and generally a popular expression at the time. Listen to the background singers on Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” (who happen to be Franklin’s sisters, if I may squeeze some trivia into my trivia): They are singing “Sockittome, sockittome, sockittome, sockittome.”

Also, I once read somewhere that the people at Laugh-In (was it still on?? maybe it was another show) tried to get Nixon to come back on after he’d resigned and say, “I once appeared here and told you to ‘Sock it to me.’ You can stop now.” He declined.

16. emmberrann says:

I didn’t know this part of the back story, altho’ I did see the original occurrence ‘way back when. I’m dating myself again, aren’t I.

17. lisaLASSIE says:

Considering some of the dates I’ve had, dating yourself is probably a good idea.

18. ashagato says:

19. Yes, yes I’m that old. Don’t judge me.
    Court’s in session now here come da judge, here come da judge….

20. and da judge were the eternally cool Sammy D. Jr, in old-style judge white curled wig.

21. victoreia says:

I loved the party scenes and everybody popping out of the joke wall at the end. (I dearly miss watching Laugh-In on Nick-at-Night.)

22. “Sock it to …me?” Richard Nixon visiting Laugh-In.

23. = thunk =
    That’s the sound of me falling over dead, killed by the extreme Qte of a bebeh goat in a tube sock.

24. Sasha's Mum says:

You bet your sweet bippy!

25. Sophia Brooks says:

I was born in 1973. How do I know all these Laugh-in catch phrases?

26. I was born ten years later than that and I know them too..

27. And I was born ten (give or take) years earlier. Hey, great art is timeless.

28. viva la pop culture :)

29. The Original Jane says:

One ringy dingy, two ringy dingies. snort!

30. victoreia says:

That’s the ring-tone I use for my sister!

31. The Original Jane says:

Does she snort/laugh too?

32. victoreia says:

Not like that, anyway.

33. My Name is Edith Ann……

34. . . . and I’m five years old.

35. victoreia says:

…..And that’s the truth!

36. Verrrry interrrresssting!

37. but STUPID!

38. PS Did you guys notice the one-ear-up, one-ear-down? :D

39. Yessssss!

40. Yes, I thought that the goat was letting us know that it is 10 minutes past 7…

41. This is why we need a knitted tag.

What a cute ring-a-dingie.

42. Laugh In and the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour were the funniest shows ever!

43. The Original Jane says:

The all time funniest ever was the Carol Burnett show! I wish I had enough money to buy the DVD’s they keep advertising.

44. victoreia says:

The best part was watching Harvey try not to crack up.

45. You are absolutely right, in fact The Carol Burnett Show saved me from going into a deep depression as I was stuck in my room in a body cast for 3 months as a fifteen year old after a back operation.

46. Too true. And to think they were hilarious without any profanity! They don’t make ’em like that no more.

47. GiGI! Do you have scoliosis?

48. I should have added that I do, and I had back surgery when I was 17. And Fird has Harrington rods too! We could be triplets!

49. ceejoe and gigi and me OH MY !!!!

*begins making “Scoliosis surgery” demonstration signs*

50. Madame X says:

Say “good night” Dick.

Good night, Dick.

And I endorse a “knitted” or “sweateaw” tag.

That is all.

51. I had a Laugh-In lunchbox in the late 60s/early 70s that I used to love. I rotated it with my Partridge Family, Beatles, and Sonny & Cher lunchboxes. I thought I was just so cool in the Willard School cafeteria.

52. WOW.

53. Nikki is tha Coolest person in the US of A.

54. …..somehow I feel very much at home in This Post.
    (I have misspelled myself, but other than that, I feel at home.)

Also? tiny bebbeh goats are the Coolest thing Evahr.

Fird Birfle

55. Of course!! Fird Birfle is the Wacky Neighbor of the Farkle Family!

56. who YOU callin’ “wacky”?????

Shifty Eyes

57. Color me old. Laugh-In was decades ahead of its time and I think it had SNL beat by a mile with its creativity and risk-taking.

Fird Birfle and Sparkle Farkle live on forever!!! :)

Oh, and SQUEEEEEEEEE on the Bebbeh McGoatersons. :)

58. *head looks in all direkshons*

Somebody called me????

59. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

That bebbeh goat is from the same farm which produced Buttermilk Sky, the bouncing goat.

60. YAY bebbeh bouncing goats !!!
    Now all I need is a visit from Pipsqueak (animal planet) and it’ll be a HOME RUN!!!

61. Sock it to me? Sock it to EWE! (Yes, I know it’s a goat and not a sheep, but work with me, Peeps)

62. That’s not a sweater. It’s a TUBE TOP! :P