Sock It To…Me?

Lucy K. found this little fellow named Draco on The Facebook. Her take? “Baby goat in a sweateuw made from a sock? Yes, please.”

8534133575_fe77fa3f7f_o
*Bonus points if you recognize the hip 60s title reference.

Comments

1. Draco Marlfoy

2. Laugh-in.

3. Hee hee My Mom trained a budgie she had to say “Sock it to me” (3 times in a row)
    It always made us kids Laugh(in) We thought it was “Veeeery Interestink”

4. I’m not sure if it’s a rule of Qte, but it should be: If it can wear a sock as an outfit, it’s cute.

5. A tube goat — that’s a first for me.

6. splat

7. Well . . . “sock it to me” wasn’t just something Nixon said. It was Laugh-In’s catch phrase (sometimes said by a very young Goldie Hawn) and generally a popular expression at the time. Listen to the background singers on Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” (who happen to be Franklin’s sisters, if I may squeeze some trivia into my trivia): They are singing “Sockittome, sockittome, sockittome, sockittome.”

Also, I once read somewhere that the people at Laugh-In (was it still on?? maybe it was another show) tried to get Nixon to come back on after he’d resigned and say, “I once appeared here and told you to ‘Sock it to me.’ You can stop now.” He declined.

8. Yes, yes I’m that old. Don’t judge me.
    Court’s in session now here come da judge, here come da judge….

9. “Sock it to …me?” Richard Nixon visiting Laugh-In.

10. emmberrann says:

I didn’t know this part of the back story, altho’ I did see the original occurrence ‘way back when. I’m dating myself again, aren’t I.

11. = thunk =
    That’s the sound of me falling over dead, killed by the extreme Qte of a bebeh goat in a tube sock.

12. Sasha's Mum says:

You bet your sweet bippy!

13. Sophia Brooks says:

I was born in 1973. How do I know all these Laugh-in catch phrases?

14. The Original Jane says:

One ringy dingy, two ringy dingies. snort!

15. My Name is Edith Ann……

16. NIXON on Laugh-in.

17. Verrrry interrrresssting!

18. PS Did you guys notice the one-ear-up, one-ear-down? :D

19. But stupid! JK :-) We used to watch Laugh-in reruns when I was a kid. Lots of funny.

20. This is why we need a knitted tag.

What a cute ring-a-dingie.

21. Sometimes I do feel old.

22. Yessssss!

23. Laugh In and the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour were the funniest shows ever!

24. The Original Jane says:

The all time funniest ever was the Carol Burnett show! I wish I had enough money to buy the DVD’s they keep advertising.

25. I was born ten years later than that and I know them too..

26. Madame X says:

Say “good night” Dick.

Good night, Dick.

And I endorse a “knitted” or “sweateaw” tag.

That is all.

27. You are absolutely right, in fact The Carol Burnett Show saved me from going into a deep depression as I was stuck in my room in a body cast for 3 months as a fifteen year old after a back operation.

28. The best thing he ever said. The funniest, too. I still want to vote for Pat Paulsen, though.

29. Too true. And to think they were hilarious without any profanity! They don’t make ‘em like that no more.

30. Me too. I can still name the stars of that show…

31. Yes, I thought that the goat was letting us know that it is 10 minutes past 7…

32. I had a Laugh-In lunchbox in the late 60s/early 70s that I used to love. I rotated it with my Partridge Family, Beatles, and Sonny & Cher lunchboxes. I thought I was just so cool in the Willard School cafeteria.

33. WOW.

34. lisaLASSIE says:

Considering some of the dates I’ve had, dating yourself is probably a good idea.

35. Precisely — that’s not just ANY “sock it to me.” And Pat Paulsen for President!!

36. but STUPID!

37. yes.

38. and da judge were the eternally cool Sammy D. Jr, in old-style judge white curled wig.

39. Nikki is tha Coolest person in the US of A.

40. …..somehow I feel very much at home in This Post.
    (I have misspelled myself, but other than that, I feel at home.)

Also? tiny bebbeh goats are the Coolest thing Evahr.

Signed,
    Fird Birfle

41. Of course!! Fird Birfle is the Wacky Neighbor of the Farkle Family!

42. ashagato says:

43. Color me old. Laugh-In was decades ahead of its time and I think it had SNL beat by a mile with its creativity and risk-taking.

Fird Birfle and Sparkle Farkle live on forever!!! :)

Oh, and SQUEEEEEEEEE on the Bebbeh McGoatersons. :)

44. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

That bebbeh goat is from the same farm which produced Buttermilk Sky, the bouncing goat.

45. And I was born ten (give or take) years earlier. Hey, great art is timeless.

46. . . . and I’m five years old.

PHBBBBTTT!!

47. viva la pop culture :)

48. Sock it to me? Sock it to EWE! (Yes, I know it’s a goat and not a sheep, but work with me, Peeps)

49. That’s not a sweater. It’s a TUBE TOP! :P

50. GiGI! Do you have scoliosis?

51. I should have added that I do, and I had back surgery when I was 17. And Fird has Harrington rods too! We could be triplets!

52. YAY bebbeh bouncing goats !!!
    Now all I need is a visit from Pipsqueak (animal planet) and it’ll be a HOME RUN!!!

53. *head looks in all direkshons*

Somebody called me????

54. who YOU callin’ “wacky”?????

Signed,
    Shifty Eyes

55. ceejoe and gigi and me OH MY !!!!

*begins making “Scoliosis surgery” demonstration signs*

56. victoreia says:

I loved the party scenes and everybody popping out of the joke wall at the end. (I dearly miss watching Laugh-In on Nick-at-Night.)

57. victoreia says:

That’s the ring-tone I use for my sister!

58. victoreia says:

…..And that’s the truth!

59. The Original Jane says:

Does she snort/laugh too?

60. victoreia says:

WIN!

61. victoreia says:

Not like that, anyway.

62. victoreia says:

The best part was watching Harvey try not to crack up.