Mom Taxi VIII: Yo, Muffin From The Hood

From Najat V. in Belgium: “Here is the story of our ball of cuteness: Muffin! This cute little thing was found thrown away with the bins (yes, thrown away as he was closed in a box). We brought him home, all dirty and scared. We directly fell in love with him and so did he with us. A year has now passed, he is all grown up and we do not regret any seconds saving him that day.”

8555884218_3c339c959f_b
Photo by Mof.

Comments

1. emmberrann says:

I checked every hoodie I own. There was no adorabeel kittehbebeh in any of dems. Where izzit?

2. I would wear more hoodies if they came with free kittehs.

3. omgosh lurve u good hoomins!

4. What a pity they don’t remain hood-sized.

5. Three cheers for the good hoomins! How people can do terrible things like that beats me, but at least there are good people around to counter them…

6. But when they grow you can hug them!

7. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Some people are awful and some people are kind. It’s sad this kitten had to experience the former but it’s wonderful he could also experience the latter.

8. Kari Callin says:

Red Riding Hood decides to bring back up with her on her trip to Grandma’s house. ;)

9. Clairdelune says:

My kittehbebeh was also stuffed in a can and thrown away. She was found, brought home, nursed with a tiny bottle for a couple of weeks, and a couple of years later she is the joy of our lives.One cruel hoomin’s trash is another hoomin’s treasure…and that small kitteh in the hood is a beauty!! Hard to figure how anyone could look at that little face and see trash to throw away.

10. Rescute!!!

11. I don’t understand people sometime.
    How could anyone throw away a defenseless baby?

12. Jackie Rose says:

Kitties are perfect at any size.

13. What Shaz said. Some people just suck…

Muffin is adorable, and I’m happy you found each other!

14. sabrina rose says:

I don’t understand either. How hard would it be to at least leave them in a bag at a grocery store where someone is likely to find them and help? (I got four kitties that way once.) Wish towns could have designated street corners with a “drop box” for unwanted puppies and kittens, rigged out with a buzzer that would signal the nearest shelter. Probably would make people really lax about spaying and neutering, though.

15. wuyizidi says:

Muffin seems to approve this little red riding hoodie.

16. I am in loff with this kitteh. That is all.

And what great kitty-savers!

17. kibblenibble says:

I love me some resQte.

18. What beautiful blue eyes Muffin has!!

19. Awwww what a sweet thing.

20. fleurdamour says:

Another CO pawpoose!

21. AWW :) I am so glad to hear that you were able to give that dear sweet kitty a loving forever home, Clairdelune :) As for the dirtbag who stuffed that kitty in a can, I would love to stuff their head in a bucket and kick it down a flight of stairs!

22. In August 2012, I tried to send in a photo of a mom cat with her kittens and their story. Some moron put those poor newborn kittens in a cooler and this kind lady found them and rushed them to the local SPCA here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The SPCA was able to find the poor mom cat who was looking for her babies and reunite them.

23. AWW :D I am so glad to hear that you were able to give dear sweet Muffin a loving forever home, Najat V. in Belgium :D

24. a to tha MEN!!!

25. Some 1%-2% of the population are thought to be psychopaths. These are the kinds of people who throw baby animals in the trash.

26. Najat V. says:

Oh so glad to see my picture here ! Thank you for all of your lovely comments !

27. The utter disregard for such a tiny, innocent life just breaks my heart – thank goodness there are wonderful people like Najat V. to balance the scales. I hope that whoever discarded The Muffinator rots in h*ll.

28. Lovely kitty, lovely people, lovely story! :)

29. 260Oakley says:

Thank you for making such a heroic trash pick! Love the little Muffin.

30. MinglesMommy says:

And once again, Cute Overload reminds me that there ARE wonderful *hoomins* out there. A family friend raised an entire abandoned litter of kittens left on her son’s congregation’s doorstep. Weeks of bottle feeding, arranging heating lamps, cuddling, etc. later, the entire litter survived and were all adopted. I LOVE THESE STORIES. Cute Overload is where I go when I need a smile, and when I need a reminder that however many jerks and morons there are out there, there are even more good people who love and care for these precious lives. THANK YOU.

31. Sadly, I’ll bet the percentage is higher than that. So glad someone rescued this bebbeh!

32. jlamusings says:

Yes- yay for animal rescutes! I know I would love to see little Muffin all grown up too! So adorable!!

33. StormCat42 says:

Oh my! Your story made me cry!! Bless you for caring so much and Bless the SPCA for finding their Mum!!

34. StormCat42 says:

Many years ago, when I drove an 18-wheeler, another driver got a hold of me through our Dispatch saying he had a Kitteh that needed a home… It seems that while he was in a rest stop working on his log book, he noticed a plastic bag on top of a trash can and it was moving! He got out and went over to it, only to discover that someone had taken a Kitten, put her in a walmart bag, tied it up and left it on top of the trash can… Fluffy tail and all you could hold in both hands… He ran through my homebase, where my spouse (at the time) met him and picked up the wee furbaby… She was a Britishbue, with bright green eyes and kinky tail fur! She owned us for 11 years until she passed from cancer… But I was so thankful to that driver for looking up that day!!

35. My deepest gratitude to those of you who have gone the extra mile to rescue one of God’s little critters. There is definitely a warm place in my heart for you… and, I expect, in Heaven too.

36. Awwwwww.

37. I sent some pictures of Muffin all grown up to
    Cute overload; maybe they will published them soon ;)

38. So funny, The Muffinator is actually his nickname ^^