THIS JUST IN: Kimba* Gets a Dog

A white lion cub named Kwanza has a new friend: Honey, the dog belonging to keepers at Darling Downs Zoo in Pilton, Queensland. When when Kwanza’s mother stopped producing milk, keepers started to spend more time with the cub, with Honey right beside them. Now, the two are bestest anipals.

*No, not Kimba the White Lion, because that would have been just too perfect! (caution: earworm)

1. Look at those big pawses!
    0:35 – Nose boop!

2. Jimbeaux says:

Perfect nose-boop timing!
    The continuous tail-wagging made me very happy. :)

3. who said cats and dogs can’t be friends?!

4. marthava says:

I was all, Oh noes!! Don’t bite the kitteh, doggeh!! And then I saw the kitteh’s paws and I thought, Never mind. *think in Emily Litella voice*

5. Never mind.

6. Who will be filming the reunion set to Whitney Houston 3 years later?

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

Is it just me or is that a really mellow lion?

Though he did attack that tree with great viciousness. :3

8. I thought the same. I expect cubs to be full of energy.
    (btw, boobys are my favorite.)

9. skippymom says:

My brother and I used to watch Kimba’s show faithfully, and I’d kind of forgotten this, but I actually had a crush on Kimba.

10. The first cat I ever lived with, my college roommate’s, was named Kimba.

11. skippymom says:

Was he white?

12. No, she was gray/brown/black tiger-striped. Awesome cat. I credit her with my lifelong love of kittehs.

13. I had a crush on him too Skippymom except in French his name was Léo.

14. skippymom says:

I’m guessing that only on Cute Overload are you likely to find TWO women who had youthful crushes on a cartoon baby lion.

15. Make that three women Sk’mom !

16. Gotta love animal buddies. “You’re my friend, so I’mma gonna try to eat you!”

17. rescue gal says:

Dog attacks kitty, kitty attacks……..vicious nearby tree branch.

18. Loff the bebeh lion roarsies.

19. Apparently they never received the memo telling them they are mortal enemies. :)

20. victoreia says:

Look, the fox and the hound! Er, tiger and the shepard?

21. skippymom says:

Will they still be best friends when the lion is grown up?

22. yes, yes they will.

23. tenshihitomi says:

AWWW, wookit the vicious widdle animals! X3

24. Athena's Mom says:

As my mom used to love saying, especially to my boyfriends in high school: [Athena’s mom] didn’t just LOVE Kimba, she WAS Kimba.” I wanted to be Kimba when I was little; I had a habit of running around on all fours and begged to eat tuna off a plate from the floor.

25. skippymom says:

26. I wonder if she also puked in her mom’s shoe.

27. Adam Cox says:

My favouite is the growl. (^_^)

28. Not entirely sure which one is the bebeh here, those were some serious “would you look at what I have to live with” looks given to the camera at around 1:26 and 1:36 :)

29. @1:08 – toe beans!!

30. AWW :) How cute :)

31. Dogs and cats — living together!!!

32. victoreia says:

Mass hysteria!

(Thank you for the cue. :D )

33. I love how Kimba is trying to *bark* at 0:50 – surely he learned that from his doggie pal! ;)

34. I wonder if the dog knows that this is the XXL version of those annoying creatures that hang around humans and get the good places in the bed. Or does he think it is just another dog?

35. The dog, Honey, looks exactly like my dog, K.C., who passed away 4 years ago. Watching this video is like being able to her as a puppy again.