You Whistle While You Work

In fact, why don’t you just work? Seriously, when was the last time you washed the dishes? Hmmm?

Jen B. tells us, “My canary, Melanie, caught in the midst of her bath time. Somebody
wants her privacy!”

Comments

1. “And no, you can;t wash the bread pan until I’m done pickin’ out dough.”

2. 8O The balancing of the bowl is amazing.

3. Whoever thought of that is ingenious! And obviously loves their little boidie!

Also – ehn! I want a boidie some day so bad!

4. 260Oakley says:

“I’m singing in the drain, just singing in the drain…”

5. I thought that was a chick at first. Love the fluff.

6. Melanie is adorable for many reasons, not the least of which is her name. I just love her sweet leetle face.

7. Birdcage says:

This photo is awesome for so many reasons. Boid bath time is fun time at Casa Birdcage. I admire this plate technique. I may have to try some variation of this.

8. Blue Footed Booby says:

It’s not balanced. The farther back part of the sink is less deep, so the plate can rest on the edge of the sink and is basically fully supported.

9. Birdcage,
    May I come visit Casa Birdcage some day, to get my boidie fix?

10. Blue Footed Booby says:

Yesterday there was a crow taking a bath in the birdbath behind my house. The water only came up to his ankles, so he’d dip down, flap a bit, then glare at the water disapprovingly.

11. Homemade bird bath is ingenious. Didn’t realize canaries can look so flufftacular.

12. Oakley, I’d like to vacation in your brain!

13. emmmjama says:

You paint a very cute picture.

14. emmmjama says:

Great pic. You’re giving Josh N a run for his money here.

15. :)

16. Granny will your dog bite? No, child no. Nicely done, T.U.M.

17. I love that we live in a world where someone can write the sentence, “My canary, Melanie, caught in the midst of her bath time” and provide a picture of such. Le sigh.

18. – unrelated story/ threadjack/ sorry folks —

Hey CO regulars!!
    The beloved Queen and Princess of Dork experienced something pretty alarming during the past 48 hours. A school friend of the Pr. ended up dying due to a DUI incident by a jerk who already had previous cases of DUI’s and @ssault(s). Fortunately the police did arrest the driver who caused the crash.

QoD and the Princess are both physically fine; neither was actually part of the crash; the next day they both attended a tribute/ memorial/ vigil for the young man who perished.

Acc to the news coverage, a Wells-Fargo acct has been established in the name of the fifteen year old student who died in the crash if anyone wishes to make a tribute for his sad, unnecessary deth.

Either way, they will appreciate your happy karma and/ or prayers.

RIP Robert.

19. wow, the thought that must have gone into finding the perfect bath experience for the bird … wonderful owners

20. 260Oakley says:

You’re welcome any time, but you might want to avoid Spring Break. Check out my video, “Neurons Gone Wild”, and you’ll know why. ;)

21. Yes you may, ceejoe! I just can’t be held responsible if you wake up with a parrot standing on your pillow beside your sleeping head, preening your eyebrows …. Last night I had to stage an intervention when a game of “Tear the Tissue Box” got a little out of hand. It was like it was snowing at the Casa …..

22. heh heh enjoyable mind picture there

23. emmberrann says:

Melanie is a great name for a yellow canary, particularly since the name connotes “darkness”. (P.S. How do you like my four dollar word choice,eh?)

24. I’m thinking that would not be too far off from waking up with a cat on my pillow, grooming my hair. :) I will start booking my airfare!

25. Thanks that explains it

26. lisaLASSIE says:

Please send Q my condolences and also some hugs from me.

27. Warm thoughts from me and comforting purrs from the kitties to the Queen and Princess.

28. thx to Sharpy for helping with the msg; lL and Gigi, I will let QoD know your well-wishes.
    thanks to all.

29. Please, send QoD and PoD my most heartfelt condolences The boy’s family is in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Joasia,

30. I am Melanie’s owner and I’m thrilled she made it onto the site! She loves her baths in the sink and I’ve tried all kinds of plates and bowls to support her but this one is her favourite. She sticks her head under the running water, too, but, unfortunately I was unable to get a good shot.

31. Me too.

32. But it’s also derived from the Greek word for honey.

33. you GOT a good shot!! YAY Melanie and YAY Jen B !!! :)

34. how sweet you are. I will let them know!!

35. wot an uber-cool vocab factoid !!! YAY odd vocab factoids!!!

36. twocityshibas says:

The new face of disapproval!!

37. You might not ever make it back out! LOL