Totoro Is Real!

I knew it!

Peter G. made this picture and Hayao Miyazaki made the movie, Totoro.

1. This little guy is matchingks with the snuggly treee-knot owl from an earlier post!

2. humminbirdie says:

indeed! perhaps they are communing across the continents, in their inimitable owlish way…

3. What is it?

4. Probably an Eastern Screech Owl. Either that or a small totoro.

5. Yes! What is it?

6. His owl-cave even has notches that match the shape of his ear-tufts!

7. humminbirdie says:

and the cave door is heart-shaped… like the tree loves hosting owlies!

8. Had to look up what a Totoro was and out of the context of the movie, I must say It looks a bit creepy to me.
    I much prefer the real owl in his tree than that cartoon whatever it is.

9. *cries and loses faith in all humanity*

10. Clearly you need to watch the movie!

11. errrr…. totoro is so cute it’s a guaranteed overload! It’s even my chrome skin!

12. sotadragon says:

How is there no hovertext??? :-(

Also, very cute widdle owlio! :-D

13. hi guys, i’m the photographer – i love seeing my pictures on cute overload. this owl lives a few trees away from the owl in the previous post – they are both eastern screech owls – this one is grey phase and the other is rufous phase. if they mate we’ll see some brown phase owlets in the spring :)

14. I may or may not have uttered the most girlish shriek

15. I thought I heard something.

17. Totoro should be listed as “must-watch” movie for the CO crowd.

18. jlamusings says:

Definitely! And not scary at all, Gigi! Promise! My niece & nephew loved it when they were little. They used to tell me they wanted to play Totoro by jumping on my tummy & having me carry them around. I usually told them I wasn’t a big enough Totoro to do that and would sent them to tackle my bro instead. ;-)

19. toborzgrrl says:

“Totoro” is worth watching for the Cat-bus alone!

20. Caroline says:

…and both (owl and Totoro) have been said to be an omen of death. Very cute death omens, though! ^_~

21. pupfanatic says:

Is that an obese owl?*(^&*&#@????

22. One Skunk Todd says: