Why Do Opposites Attract?

It’s very simple really, being different provides a balance which allows them to be mutually complete and that enables both to serve as each other’s better half. In other words, a yin to their yang.

Alright, you know what? I lied. They do it because they’re just so cuuute!

8510823089_b380317798_b
From Redditor flopsycat

Comments

1. fleurdamour says:

Happy catpybara!

2. Kitt B. says:

Oh my gawd! This may be the sweetest thing ever! I actually squealed when I saw it… I love capys, but didn’t know they like kittehs. Eeeeeeeeeeee!

3. Even R.O.U.S.’s squee over kitties!

4. This is a much more positive cat-plays-with-rodent scene than most I’ve seen.

5. Looks like the rodent is playing with the cat instead of the other way around ;)

6. What is that big animal with the cat called?

7. Is that what that is? I keep mixing them and nutria’s up.

8. kibblenibble says:

Capybaras look like giant guinea pigs to me. :shock:

9. Theresa says:

*rubbing my eyes*

10. That’s cause they are a close relative of guinea pigs, and belong to the same family!

11. John B Hodges says:

Capybara, native to South America, the world’s largest species of rodent. I’ve seen them in zoos, but I have no idea of their personalities. But domestic cats can make friends with almost anything.

12. kibblenibble says:

Eeeenterestingk. Thanks, mie! :-)

13. Where? How? What the…? Who cares when the results are this cute.

14. And will do so at the slightest provocation!

15. Mariana says:

I just can’t. That’s too cute.

16. In case it hasn’t already been posted (I don’t think it has), this DEFINITELY calls for the posting of the video I submitted awhile back of sleeping capybara skritches!!

17. They’re friends ’cause this is one rodent who is too big for the cat to eat.

18. Omg, the capy has his own blog, gianthamster.com. It’s super funny and really well written. Woohoo what a find!

19. Oh alright. I lied. They just do it because they are tooo cute!

20. That is all.

21. bob drummond says:

it’s called a CAPYBARA !!! :-0

22. bob drummond says:

Now my day is complete ! thank you C.O. !!!! :-)

23. It is fantastic!

24. Madame X says:

Easy way to tell them apart: nutrias have tails, capybaras don’t!

25. If my cats see this I will have to get them their own capybara, ya know. Or will I have get three, one for each cat? (Not they they are spoiled, no way, no siree Bob!)

26. Of course, your dear sweet kitties are not spoiled, amyliz :lol:

27. AWW :D Capybara and cat are the best of friends :D Does anyone know the names of the capybara and cat? :D

28. You’re right. Amyliz’s kittehs aren’t spoiled. Amyliz however, is owned!

29. Thanks for the Paula Abdul music video … I needed that!

30. The capybara’s name is Garibaldi Caplin Rous (or Gari) and the cat’s name is Flopsy. Gari is an amazing little (big) guy and tomorrow is his birthday!!

31. The capy’s name is Garibaldi Caplin Rous (or Gari) and the cat’s name is Flopsy. Gari’s an amazing little (or rather, big) guy and tomorrow is his birthday!!!

32. Sounds about right! (:

33. joools in PDX says:

Thanks for saving me the effort! First thing I thought of! Right after Whiskey Tango Foxtrot…

34. also Mr. Capybara’s sportin” some mighty-fine guyliner on his eyes, there :)