Knut’s Back! (Well Not Really, But Kinda Sorta)

knut_wideweb__470x346,2Remember Knut, everybody’s favorite winter roly poly? The little big dude (left) passed away almost two years ago.

Cheer up though, ‘cuz THERE BE POLAH BEARS IN BUFFALO! This plumpular girl (below) is Luna n’ she was born last November. Current digs: Buffalo Zoo.

8522087798_3dc6a3bf79_b

article-0-1861C5C8000005DC-253_634x779

article-2289987-1880C459000005DC-464_634x441

article-2289987-1880C3C4000005DC-726_634x356
PS The Buffalo folks need some cash for their polar bear exhibit. You know what to do. All photos from Daily Mail.

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

omg bebeh polar bear toe beans!!!

2. 13bodies says:

*slaps down this week’s paycheck*

Back off people–I’m buying a cuteload of belleh scritches!

3. I want a baby polar bear so bad.

4. bluebird says:

those tootsies!

5. :)

6. we understand that here, sugitomo!!!

7. Bellybutton!!!

8. The Original Jane says:

yup

9. Oh my goodness. The cuteness is overwhelming. What a darling little furry thing!! Almost – almost as cute as me. BACON

10. 260Oakley says:

Fans of this bear shall hereafter be known as “Lunatics.”

11. murkle46 says:

Who knew a “Godless Killing Machine” could be so cute!

12. What does her fur feel like do ya think?

13. cutemeghna says:

Leave it in its own way

14. sabrina rose says:

Ha ha – good one! He is a really darling little bear cubby. Hope he retains that personality as he grows up!

15. I need to cuddle that cutie pie!

16. But do Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo polar bears?

17. *I now have wackadoodle eyes, trying to logic that one out …*

18. aw’right Gigi ye’re so cute I’ll get in line, behind ya !!!

19. and bright white FLOOFY TOO

20. personally, I LUV the pic with the sideye, and the Big Little Bear leanning against the Human Being’s Laig.

21. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Knut is still around, after a fashion, and not nearly so cute, I’m afraid. He’s on display!!!

22. Welcome to the world, Luna, which is now a cuter place because you are in it! :)

23. His eyes look just like little buttons! Oh, I loved Colbert’s mini-threat-down for Knut.

24. Why oh why can’t I have the chance to pet a bebeh polar bear?? My life will not be complete until I do…

25. skippymom says:

Yeah, I’ve gotta say I don’t like this. I’m not creeped out by the idea and I don’t object on principebut it just doesn’t look like him.

26. skippymom says:

sorry, lately when I type something wrong in these comments I can’t get back in to correct it

27. Leilani says:

LUNA! What a POIFECT name for a snow . . . er . . . moon-white polar bear!

28. Yeah, Luna is cute, but they’ve got polar bear twinsies in Toledo! http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2013/03/a-sneak-peek-at-toledo-zoos-twin-polar-bear-cubs.html Definitely planning a road trip for when they go on display in May!

29. and you gots a three-way rhyme!! “they” “display” “May” !!!!

izzat a Homerun??

30. ok skippymom you KNOW tha drill: it’s a “what”????

class in unison: “A CONSPIRACY!!!” :)

teacher: That’s RIGHT, children!!! VERY good !!!