Plays Well With Otters

Also demonstrates leadership skills and a positive otter-tude!

Fave Frame:
untitled
A+ mmoyerssd1, via YouTube and the San Diego Zoo!

Comments

1. I love this video! Is it an encore presentashye? Or am I just dreaming about giggling and playing tag with an otter?

2. emmberrann says:

No, I’m pretty sure you’re right. And just as cute as it was before. Makes me smile, it does.

3. A wonderful vid that I really needed on a sad, frustrating day. Thanks, CO!

4. Aw, that just made my day!

5. Giggling kid, laughing adults, otter following along with glee… Please loop this forever. It chases any sadness or stress away. Yeay!!

6. My favorite part is toward the end. Up till then they’d been running/swimming the full length of the wall and it was a very simple game. Then one of them (I think the child, but it happens so fast it’s hard to be sure) decides to increase the complexity of the game by changing directions in the middle, and the other one (I think it’s the otter) changes directions almost instantly to follow. Imagination on the part of the direction changer and amazingly quick reactions on the part of the follower.

This may be some sort of prey-tracking instinct on the part of the otter, but if it is, I don’t want to know. I want to believe it’s pure play.

7. Oh, I think it’s totally play! I think it’s the kid that changes direction, trying to trick the otter. Now, the otter may have superfine reflexes because they need them to hunt, but they are also playful and intelligent animals.

8. Rachael says:

I think it’s totally play too. Love the pure delight on the kid’s face – you just know it’s an experience he’ll never forget and he’ll be a better person for it.

9. Joy! Pure and simple joy!

10. fleurdamour says:

Brother from an otter mother.

11. fleurdamour says:

Sorry for you. Hope it gets better.

12. fleurdamour says:
  13. Otters are very friendly and playful (and CUTE of course). I was scuba diving in Monterey the other day, and this little otter swam around me, looked back at me in the eyes for a good second or two and then kept on minding his business.

Probably he was saying “could you please stop making those bubbles? thaanks!” but oh he was a cutie.

14. We have had them follow us in the Kayak as well as sea lions. oh and they are not little either those otters. a friend of ours had one climb up on their daughters Kayak for a ride.

15. This was a much needed smile. We just found out our eldest kitty Mira may have lung cancer.

16. fleurdamour says:

:( People seem to be having a sad day on this page. :( I hope your kittie is ok.

17. hehe, nice