Ever Seen a Mouse Fly?

It’s like a house fly, but a whole lot cuter!

This is John Cocks/RHS/PA commendation winning photo for the Royal Horticultural Society 2012 annual photo contest.

1. emmberrann says:

Heeere I come to save the dayyyyy!”…. *can’t remember the rest of the Mighty Mouse anthem* (Am I dating myself? Well, heck, yeah!)

2. I’ll date myself along with you emmberrann. Funny how these things stick in the brain when you can’t remember who said what to you a week ago!

Mister Trouble never hangs around
    When he hears this Mighty sound:

“Here I come to save the day!”
    That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way!

Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right
    Mighty Mouse will join the fight

On the sea or on the land
    He gets the situation well in hand

3. Krakatoa Katie, she ain’t no lady…

4. emmberrann says:

Tku, Emmm!

5. so wow we have Emmm and emmberrann ( as well as prinsas of course :) ) on the same comments stream today. It looks as though all the E’s and the mm’s are in use now!

wooHOO Emm for such complete lyric retenshon!!!!
    *standing (or perhaps a FLYING) ovayshe*

and wooHOO Mister (Ms?) Mousiepoo.
    Some SERIOUS ear-age happ’nin’ there !!!

6. prinsas says:

plz. mousems needs cape.

7. skippymom says:

OK, you’re so smart, can you do the theme song to Underdog? (I can’t, but I looked it up.)

8. sk’mom — Theresa loaded it below …. :)

9. I dressed up once as Polly Purebred for a dance marathon.

10. 8-O Awesome ceejoe !!!
    Hope you won First Prize, for character/ costume !!

11. 6rabbits says:

SOOOOO cute!
    This photo is perhaps why, in German, a bat is called a _fledermaus_. :-)

12. 6rabbits says:

Go to the Horticultural Society link–astounding photos, including more cute! (Fox)

13. And there’s an opera called Die Fledermaus. :D

14. and a character from The Tick comic/cartoon :)

15. Alice Shortcake says:

Notice how the whiskers allow him to navigate.

16. I wouldn’t mind these guys buzzing around my porch in the summer!

17. NO Mouse Zapper!!

18. edmundh says:

Look at those Dumbo-like ears!

19. the ears are bigger than the mouse!

20. bob drummond says:

all the better to hear with you ding bat !!! ;-)

21. Rachael says:

How squeerific!!

22. JenDeyan says:

Oh, if it were only true…

23. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do with your mouse to see the hovertext?

24. skippymom says:

25. I love this guy!

26. look,at those stupendous Wee-skers

27. Izzat the Outrageous Frawnsche wird for “whiskers”, ka?? ;)

28. Able to leap tall blades in a single bound…

29. So, if Superman’s cat is named Streaky, would Mr. Mouse’s name here be Squeaky?

30. Hover mouse!

31. ScoutsMom says:

Never seen a house fly either. Well, maybe in the wizard of oz, but that was just a movie. If my house could fly, I’d fly it to the beach.

32. bob drummond says:

Not today you don’t ! Didn’t you see the weather report ???:-(

33. Much cuter than the mouses in my garage eating the bird seed I drop. Although the ones in my garage are pretty cute, but tend to startle me into screaming like a girl.

34. bob drummond says:

Hey, mister chicken , why are U afraid of a bunch of little mice ?

35. Chickens eat mice.

36. photogirl says:

Mighty Mouse needs to go viral as a photobomber!

37. HoverMouse!

38. PS: Attention SKIPPYMOM!

40. the new issue of Cheese Afficionado must be at the mailbox

41. Deer mouse! I used to have seven – they can jump insanely high.

42. I think even I could go for nomming those earsies…