Ever Seen a Mouse Fly?

It’s like a house fly, but a whole lot cuter!

8524148917_856afd1b67_b
This is John Cocks/RHS/PA commendation winning photo for the Royal Horticultural Society 2012 annual photo contest.

Comments

1. emmberrann says:

Heeere I come to save the dayyyyy!”…. *can’t remember the rest of the Mighty Mouse anthem* (Am I dating myself? Well, heck, yeah!)

2. 6rabbits says:

SOOOOO cute!
    This photo is perhaps why, in German, a bat is called a _fledermaus_. :-)

3. 6rabbits says:

Go to the Horticultural Society link–astounding photos, including more cute! (Fox)

4. Alice Shortcake says:

Notice how the whiskers allow him to navigate.

5. I wouldn’t mind these guys buzzing around my porch in the summer!

6. edmundh says:

Look at those Dumbo-like ears!

7. Rachael says:

How squeerific!!

8. I’ll date myself along with you emmberrann. Funny how these things stick in the brain when you can’t remember who said what to you a week ago!

Mister Trouble never hangs around
    When he hears this Mighty sound:

“Here I come to save the day!”
    That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way!

Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right
    Mighty Mouse will join the fight

On the sea or on the land
    He gets the situation well in hand

9. emmberrann says:

Tku, Emmm!

10. JenDeyan says:

Oh, if it were only true…

11. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do with your mouse to see the hovertext?

12. I love this guy!

13. NO Mouse Zapper!!

14. prinsas says:

plz. mousems needs cape.

15. look,at those stupendous Wee-skers

16. Able to leap tall blades in a single bound…

17. So, if Superman’s cat is named Streaky, would Mr. Mouse’s name here be Squeaky?

18. Hover mouse!

19. ScoutsMom says:

Never seen a house fly either. Well, maybe in the wizard of oz, but that was just a movie. If my house could fly, I’d fly it to the beach.

20. skippymom says:

Brava!

21. so wow we have Emmm and emmberrann ( as well as prinsas of course :) ) on the same comments stream today. It looks as though all the E’s and the mm’s are in use now!

wooHOO Emm for such complete lyric retenshon!!!!
    *standing (or perhaps a FLYING) ovayshe*

and wooHOO Mister (Ms?) Mousiepoo.
    Some SERIOUS ear-age happ’nin’ there !!!

22. Izzat the Outrageous Frawnsche wird for “whiskers”, ka?? ;)

23. Much cuter than the mouses in my garage eating the bird seed I drop. Although the ones in my garage are pretty cute, but tend to startle me into screaming like a girl.

24. skippymom says:

OK, you’re so smart, can you do the theme song to Underdog? (I can’t, but I looked it up.)

25. photogirl says:

Mighty Mouse needs to go viral as a photobomber!

26. I dressed up once as Polly Purebred for a dance marathon.

27. And there’s an opera called Die Fledermaus. :D

28. HoverMouse!

29. PS: Attention SKIPPYMOM!

30. the new issue of Cheese Afficionado must be at the mailbox

31. and a character from The Tick comic/cartoon :)

32. I ADMIRE UNDERDOG SO MOISCHE !!!!!

33. 8-O Awesome ceejoe !!!
    Hope you won First Prize, for character/ costume !!

34. sk’mom — Theresa loaded it below …. :)

35. Deer mouse! I used to have seven – they can jump insanely high.

36. Krakatoa Katie, she ain’t no lady…

37. the ears are bigger than the mouse!

38. bob drummond says:

all the better to hear with you ding bat !!! ;-)

39. bob drummond says:

Not today you don’t ! Didn’t you see the weather report ???:-(

40. bob drummond says:

Hey, mister chicken , why are U afraid of a bunch of little mice ?

41. Chickens eat mice.

42. I think even I could go for nomming those earsies…