Dachshund UN

DACHSHUND UN 20130228
DACHSHUND UN 20130228
DACHSHUND UN 20130228
DACHSHUND UN 20130228
China_UN
Artist Bennett Miller created his Puppeh Performance Piece Dachshund UN a few years back for a Melbourne festival. Catch ‘em now in Toronto! Admish is free but you have to reserve tix in advance. Thanks to Ella for the teep.

Comments

1. Is there a word for a group of wiener dogs? If not, there should be! I wish I lived closer to Toronto so that I could see these little fellows in real life.

2. rescue gal says:

The delegate from China is very vocal on the issues! You tell ‘em!

3. It’s the Cute World Order!

4. fleurdamour says:

And the delegate from Hungary is hungry.

5. 260Oakley says:

We’ve come a long way since Dumbarkton Oaks.

6. World Peace has just been accomplished! XD

7. sooo… um.. does ear-nomming the delegates defy any kind of treaty or convention or anything?

8. Is Saudi Arabia staring at Nigeria’s bum again???

9. I believe it’s encouraged under the Geneva Convention. At least it should be!

These doglets could not do any worse than the current U.N. I say give ‘em a chance. :)

10. BOOM!

11. That’s kind of an obscure reference, which makes me appreciate it all the more. Bravo!! :)

12. WOW!!! :lol:

13. The delegate from China has a red collar!!!! Haaa!

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

A sausagefest?

15. Dogplomacy.

16. Or on second thought: Yiplomacy…

17. sorry, Berg, don’t see wienerdogs on the List: it’s interesting reading nonetheless

18. I’ll give ‘em treaties after I’m finished nomming, how’zat?

19. A package? Or is that only for multiples of 10?

20. so frustrating that the buns come in packs of 8

21. And I’m hungry for the Chile dog…

22. skippymom says:

A package.

23. skippymom says:

Oops, sorry, TinaK. I didn’t refresh before typing.

24. Bad news. It’s no longer in Toronto, this closed last weekend. My daughter-in-law worked tech for it and live-tweeted it. Hilarious.

25. There are indeed some interesting collective nouns on there, tracylee! I’d heard of a murder of crows, but never of a gulp of magpies. I also like “pandemonium of parrots;” I’ll have to try to work that into a conversation one of these days.

26. The only way it would have been better is if they all had different dogs: if Denmark had a Great Dane ambassador, Australia had an Australian shepherd, Japan had a shiba inu, etc.

27. No problemo—great minds thinking alike. ;-)

28. ThirdShift says:

No no no no no I beg to differ! The only way it would have been better is if they were all *greyhounds*! I re-imagined this in my mind and trust me, it is. On the other hand nothing got done as all the delegates congregated under the table and slept.

29. fleurdamour says:

By the watchdogs of freedom and democracy.

30. Hee hee. The Ambarksadors…

31. emmmjama says:

A ‘deluge’ of dachshunds perhaps?

32. emmmjama says:

No, no, no. A ‘delight’ of dachshunds. That’s it!

33. in this case 20…

34. princess guinea and ariel says:

thats a lot of awwwwwwww

35. agreed, Third!

wouldn’t a Congress made up of greyhounds be hilarious? they’d get about as much accomplished ;)

36. phred's mom says:

Or, during debate, perhaps niplomacy.

37. Argh, why wasn’t this reported on earlier?!??!?!!?! AUUUUGGGGHHHHH!

38. :)

y’all be hyoomerous!!

39. My dachshund could have been a dogegate. Or an ambassadog. Or something. AUUUGGGGHHH! (I’m a bit upset.)

40. *snicker and also snerk*

41. I’ma line up, with JME on this one.
    I LOVE the idea of culturally indigenous (sp?) delegate/ members!!!

42. 8-O

43. The delegate from Cuba is not even paying attention.

44. milo's mom says:

Yay! My dachsie took part in this event on the first night. It was a hoot … er, a howl. France fell asleep on Ukraine, Pakistan peed, Nigeria tried to hump Saudi Arabia, and the US spent most of the hour barking. My little black-and-tan represented Bolivia and executed a peaceful take-over of neighbouring Qatar. Check out this awesome video (you can see glimpses of my little Bolivian ambassador!): http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2013/02/28/dachshund_un.html

Good times!

45. bob drummond says:

Got too many laughs out of this one !!! :-0 :-) ;-) :-))

46. I never thought this phrase would pass my lips: “I’m moving to Senegal.”
    Anybody w/ me?

47. phred's mom says:

. . .as in “bite”, Firdie. Drop the pearls.

48. Does this remind anyone else of the Rescuers? You know, that cute movie where the mice have their own UN of sorts, and it is inside the UN building. The mice hitch rides to the meetings with the (unsuspecting) human UN delegates. I can’t be the only Disney fanatic here….

49. well she BETTER have taken some pics for herself (under whatever the rules/ regulations about the event)…to be able to remember