BUNDAY: Welcome To Disapproval Island, Mr. Bond! (AKA Rule Of Cuteness #98)

“I was curious to see what kind of man you were. I thought there may be even a place for you with SPECTRE. Unfortunately I misjudged you; you are just a stupid policeman, whose luck has run out. You will now be fed to the bunnies of Disapproval Island.”

[See hover-text to learn about this real location in Japan. Please note Rule Of Cuteness #52: A look of disapproval is cute. -Ed]

okunoshima-1[2]

okunoshima-2[6]

okunoshima-3[6]

okunoshima-4[2]

okunoshima-5[6]

okunoshima-6[10]

okunoshima-12[2]
Hover-text from Amusing Planet, where you can learn more about Okunoshima Rabbit Island. Post text and URL inspired by Dr. No. Sent in by Julia G., who added “None of them look disapproving.”

Comments

1. Rabbit Island?!? Sounds like paradise!

2. Nikki, I thought the exact same thing. What a great place for a vacation!

3. SlaveToCat says:

When they tire of humans they retreat to their private oasis.
    Bunny Bondi Beach where they can tan their buff bunny bikini buns off.

4. I’m glad a place that was used to such a dark purpose is now a happy place full of bunnies.

5. Well, maybe not for Anyanka :lol:

6. Alice Shortcake says:

Ah, happy memories of BtVS…

7. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

I want to go to there.

8. Madame X says:

Doesn’t Japan boast a Neko Shima (Cat Island) too? One where kittehs outnumber hoomans and roam free and even have their own little shrine?

‘Tis most unfair that Japan should suffer such surfeit of Qte…

9. The real Easter Island.

10. kalufrax says:

It’s a Hellmouth of bunnies.

11. Tularemia Island?

12. Theresa says:

:lol:

13. Rachael says:

Win!!!

Apparently they’ve been multiplying like… well, rabbits. :)

14. Oh I beg to differ, Ms. Julie G. That bun in the back of the pack in the picture with the carrot looks none too pleased about his situation.

15. Mary (the first) says:

I wonder how they keep it from being 3 million bunnies instead of “only” 300 ..

16. Mary (the first) says:

Hmm . to the mod lounge I go. Is there any coffee cake??

17. fish eye no miko says:

Bunnies aren’t just cute like everybody supposes
    They’ve got those hopping feet and twitchy little noses
    And what’s what all the carrots?
    What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
    Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies!

18. Mamabear says:

Oh my, oh my! This post reminds me of a song my dad used to sing for me (and yes, he’d try it in this voice!) and playing it for me, when he stumbled across it on cassette:

19. I hoppily second that, Gigi.

20. perhaps some of them are actually transsexual and so non-progeny-oriented???

21. YAY bunny poetry!!!

22. CO is working night and day to remedy said lack of unfairness!

23. my dad LUVVED spike jones stuff!!!

24. LUUK, BOSSS!!!!!

(with lots of affection for Monsieur Villechaize,)
    RIP y.o.o.L. 1993.

25. 6rabbits says:

ummm…some interesting pics on that video 8O

26. 6rabbits says:

Bags packed and booking flight(s) as I type!

27. 6rabbits says:

After reading the hovertext on pic #2 I KNEW that the info on pic #4 was forthcoming. They all look so happy–maybe cos no hoomins live there. :-) No one to disapprove of!

28. I guess sitting down & getting covered in (carrot scented) disapproval isn’t always a bad thing.

29. yeh sorry ’bout that ….I searched through LITERALLY six other vid’s of the song before I located one that wasn’t banned by the LP/ management company. Seriously.

So I posted it for the music of the
    SONG not the babes that somebody inflicted on/ in the visuals…

30. I disapprove of the fact that it’s not really called Disapproval Island.

31. I wonder if they have shrimp on the island?

32. Ayeesha says:

I wish I lived on a predator free island!

33. Coffee Cup says:

If you haven’t seen the musical Buffy episode, you need to. There’s more where that came from.

34. Coffee Cup says:

I’m not sure it’s true that there aren’t any natural predators, unless there aren’t any predatory birds on the island or that go near the island.

35. So the island is like a miniature Australia?

36. 6rabbits says:

Best Episode EVAR!!!

37. On the other hand, I lived on Okinawa as a kid. they had giant snails people. Giant snails. For food people.

I’m sorr but you should never be able to filet,bone, or find the tenderloin in escargot.

38. 300 rabbits?

Humans…. THIS IS SPARTA!!!

For bunnies.

(Nuzzle instead of kick into well)