Up In The Sky! It’s A Bird..It’s A Plane..It’s..OMGPANDAS!!!!1!1!

GP logoThe Toronto Zoo is prepping for the arrival of two big ol’ ROLY POLYS, AKA five-year old giant pandas Er Shun and Da Mao. These two McBlorpsters are gonna fly the friendly skies on the FedEx Panda Express from Chengdu, China to a new home in the Great White North, arriving in late March/early April. They’ll stay in Toronto until 2018, when they’ll move to the Calgary Zoo. Have a safe trip, y’all!

Da Mao

Er Shun

Comments

1. These poor pandas. They’re going to be watched like William and Kate for a baby.

2. Mary (the first) says:

I wonder how I can get that plane diverted to my house…

3. I’m so going to try to get to Toronto this summer, it’s only about a 6 hour drive!

4. Pandas at my zoo! Pandas at my zoo! I’m so lucky!

5. Robin Kiesel says:

Indeed!

6. They’re gorgeous!

7. FedEx is a proven panda and bamboo deliverer — I’ll remember this the next time I need to ship my pandas. So glad I didn’t see them rolling the little guys in bubble wrap and putting them into a giant FedEx box with some holes.

8. Meltinsmush says:

Is it just me or did the Fedex President and the curator look like the same person? And the other guy could be her brother?

Poor pandas. Gonna be some ride.

9. I could not get the image of a FedEx guy just tossing the panda crate over the Toronto Zoo fence. (Like the famous video of the tv that went viral last year)

10. They should totally make the tracking number available to the public.

11. They move from a Chinese zoo (I guess?) to a western one. I’m not so sure their conditions will get any worse. At least they should have some shelter in their new home.

12. Mary (the first) says:

Isn’t FedEx the company that shipped Willy the whale to .. somewhere he needed to be .. a few years back?

13. off topic
    IT’S NATIONAL PEEG DAY
    for reelz

14. fleurdamour says:

Pandas are blorpful for guys who eat salad all day, huh? The Panda Paradox.

15. Rachael says:

I suppose two tons of salad still weighs two tons, or however much they consume in a day. Or do they poop most of it away? :)

16. Rachael says:

A few years ago when my company decided to add another holiday to our schedule I’m pretty sure they didn’t even consider National Peeg Day. The nerve of them! :)

17. I can’t wait till they’re here, I saw the last ones the zoo had and hopefully my niece and nephew will get the chance to see them :-)

18. Well, at least their poop probably doesn’t smell bad, since it’s veggie-poop. :)

19. skippymom says:

Veggie-poop! Ha!
    (Hi, ceejoe! How’s tricks?)

20. skippymom says:

A wonderfully kooky old lady who comes to our library once asked the staff to find out for her how one would go about shipping a giraffe.

21. Jimbeaux says:

Well, don’t keep us in suspense! Was the giraffe successfully shipped? (And I only ask because I’m still waiting for the delivery…)

22. wuyizidi says:

Judging by their er… Blorpiness, I’m guessing some of that weight will stay on the pandas :)

23. skippymom says:

I don’t think she actually had a giraffe she needed to ship, I think she was just curious. I wasn’t here at the time; I’ve just heard about it. I’ll have to ask whether anybody found the answer for her.

24. I guess they sit a lot, huh?

25. fleurdamour says:

I didn’t know you worked in a library! That’s awesome.

26. 8-O

27. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Guessing you not like zoos. Well, zoos aren’t all that terrible if the goal is to increase the panda population. And china, despite being behind in a lot of human rights laws, has at least done a better job with pandas.