Equal Time For Sledding Possums

Why? Because Ratatouille the sledding possum also has a cute sweateuw and cute music and he is all, “Yo, Fabulous Pug Models, check me out. Whee. I’m gonna get your pom poms.” Also because, this vid is now a CO tradition:

Fave Frame:

Ma nuh ma nuh, YouTube be-doo-doo.

Comments

1. Don’t his widdle toesies get cold? Needs boots!

2. He has a ski pass *PLOTZ*

3. twocityshibas says:

…with his name and picture…all set to a fun Muppets ditty!!

4. This video really could not get any better–it’s an award-worthy combination of cute.

5. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

And I love possums so! (‘Cause they remind me of rats.)

6. He really seems to enjoy it! I love possums, we don’t have them in Québec.

7. I know, I wanna put some socks around his little feet and bind them so they stay on.

Like Kiten Mittens.

8. 10.0, 10.0, 10.0, 10.0: Perfect scores in the categories of Form, Speed, Pink Toes, and Sweater.

9. Ratti is just hanging 10 — er — 20

10. rescue gal says:

Excuse me, but did he just sing along at :44? I think so!

11. He absolutely did–I missed that the first 100 or so times I watched this!

12. That is one rocking sweater he is sporting.

13. Yup! And I’m in the UK so they seem all exotic and exciting. And they have peenk nosicles.

14. Rachael says:

He did! He did sing along!!! I knitted a sweater for my Chihuahua exactly like that – same colors and everything. Looks even better on a possum. :) So much to like in this video, not the least of which is his season pass. :) :)

15. Blue Footed Booby says:

Holy potatoes, batman, one of the related vids is “otters in my bathtub” http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BR-ntuhEHIo

16. Rachael says:

I just double checked to be sure, but there is not a single chirping bebbeh otter in my bathtub, let alone a whole herd of them. Life can be so cruel. :(

17. Possums get no respect and they are such a good friend to have in your yard. We love our possums. I know some peeps are freaked out by the tail and the teeth but they are a good little friend in your yard.

18. OMG he is so cute and the sweater just adds to his charm and the snow board LOL! GO little guy go also Manam a Nah Doo doo de doo doo. WIN!!!!

19. Having double-checked the video, I see what you mean about the tailio, but I don’t have any problem with it. That maw is something else, though. What do they do in your yard, kittyadventures? Do they clean up, like insects, dead matter?

20. Possums are a southern species so he really could use some frostbite protection on the feet and tail and ears. Don’t know if he’d keep them on, though.

21. murkle46 says:

Wow,18 posts and no “Ewww.”s.Possums Rule!

22. OMGs, this is so cute! The sweatuw, the huge yawn, the toesicles — and best of all, his own ski pass!!! I am ded now — ded from teh qte!!!

23. That’s an Opossum, not a Possum. Possums are from Australia. Opossums are from North and Central America. The opossum shown in the video is a Virginia Opossum, which are actually found all over the US and Canada, not just Virginia. Opossums and possums are almost completely unrelated to each other, except that they are both marsupials. Australian possums were actually named after the American Opossum, except that someone thought that dropping the first ‘O’ would help prevent people from getting the two mixed up, but really this just confused people even more. Opossums are known for playing dead and for their exceptional skills at snow boarding and most other Winter sports. Australian possums are known for being far, far cuter than their American namesake and for their funny accent. Since there is no snow in Australia the Australian possum has adapted to activities more suitable to their warm climate, such as surfing and motocross.