They Say Russian Winters Are Tough

Need proof? Ask these little Crow Comrades.

Отличное видео by Sergazo, and sent to us by Ingrid B.

Comments

1. I just imagine the owners of those cars coming back, seeing the tracks and trying to figure out what happened on their cars! :)

2. Corvids just wanna have fun.

3. thank goodness for this information age. never would i see that awesomeness with my own eyes!! fun!!!

4. SlaveToCat says:

In America road salt eats your car. In Russia Crows eat your car with a dash of road salt.

5. Crows are brilliants at having fun!

6. It’s like every Russian novel I ever read, except that the crows seemed to be enjoying themselves a little too much.

7. There is this one also from Russia (maybe the russian crow have evolved. lol). http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3dWw9GLcOeA#!

8. LOL! Crows just love playing in the snow!

9. Fird Birfle says:

ok so I don’t wanna start the Proverbial Commentrov…..but the way my mind works…I’m wond’rin’ if the one boid has an injured leggie-poo…. :( I hope not.

On first glance the only word which I’ve made out of the writing is the Soviet / Roossyan written form of the term “video”. That is the second word in cyrillic figures, directly underneath the youtube’s “play” button (lower left of youtube frame).
    Their cyrillic “alphabet” letter which is pronounced as “v” LOOKS LIKE our capital letter “B”. :)

10. Martha in Washington says:

I want to bundle up in layers and go out and wrap those poor cold birds in blankets and bring them inside in front of a roaring fire and feed them buttery toast and hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows!

11. “Alphabet”… Haha Cyrillic is really an actual alphabet.
    It says “Stoned Crows.”

12. Crows are such interesting boyds. Also, loff that car! :)

13. StormCat42 says:

I thought the exact same thing!! LOL

14. “Roll, roll, roll in zee snooow….”

15. ‘Verecrow?’ ‘Zere crow!’

16. *** gold clap *****

17. Put the candle Back!!!

18. SoCratesX53 says:

Putting black feathers in my hair…rolling in the snow….holds hands out for toast and cocoa… :D

19. Fird Birfle says:

BWA HA HA HA (etc) to infinity.

I LOVE the “put the candle BACK” part esp!! :)

20. Fird Birfle says:

oh cool thx for the clarif. On my bookshelves one of my VERY favorite reference titles (I’m SUCH a language & vocab GEEK)
    which is a History of Writing as a concept all over in different regions around the globe. It has chapters summarizing different regions: one section with the Hebrew figures, another with Sumerian and Egyptian hieroglyphs; another section giving the bare minimum beginning data among Japanes, Korean, Chinese, etc …. so my brain gets all mumble-ty about the proper terminology for particular proper nouns.

Glad that somebody (or several somebodies) here has the ability to come up with a full translation.

YAY languages and animaux !!!! :)

21. Fird Birfle says:

Now *THAT * is a VERY valuable audience response, Kar :)

(JK I seem to have 49 typos in every line I type :) )

22. meltinsmush says:

Making crow angels?

ha ha … (silence)

23. har!

24. Stoned? And here I thought they’d just come from a crow bar.

25. hahahahaha…a crow bar…..good one.

26. i was worried for a sec but the crow has something he’s holding in his foot, he wants to play with it, that’s why he is rolling around.

27. I was worried as well, but you can definitely see that the crow is walking funny only when he is holding something in his leg. For example right before he grabs the thing into his beak at about 0:16, he’s walking fine, and again zoomed in around 0:57-0:59.

28. Fird Birfle says:

that’s a bit of a relief, op & mie :)

29. Love love love love love!! Crows are one my most favorite birds in the world!

30. Russian crows definitely know how to have fun!

31. They were sledding! And playing in the snow! Too stinking cute!

32. It’s like a golf clap, but in 24k.

33. Funny, but…no. Sorry. Crows will never be cute. They are miniature vultures that bully smaller birds for sport.

34. SEDA-GIVE??!!

35. My Big Fat Orange Cat will do this on a little hill of dirt, just about windshield size, behind my place. When it’s warm and dry (of course), he’ll repeatedly climb to the top, lie on his side, and sliiiiiide down.

36. joools in PDX says:

If only humans were more enlightened.

37. Deborah Kogan says:

I have as a favorite on Youtube, a video of a Russian crow sledding down a roof on a coffee cup lid. The birds slides down, and flies back to the the top to do it again and again!