McSnakersons In Sweatah

“OMG! REDONK + AMAZINGKS!” -M. Frost

That was Dear Leader’s response when I sent her this submission by Cuteporter Kelly J. This might be a CO first. Little Snakey Dude is actually named Milky Joe, and seems to be owned by Stephanie Davidson.

snake-sweater

snake-sweater-3

tumblr_mc610qZtNz1qzy1h1o1_1280

Video originally spotted at Incredible Things.

Comments

1. I think snakes are pretty cool to begin with, and this just makes me swoon with love.

2. Dare I say the snake has a turtleneck?

3. I love the idea of a snake cozy, but… snakes don’t generate their own heat; they move to their most comfortable temperature zone, so I’m not sure the snake will appreciate its gift. It’s the thought that counts, though.

4. 8O !

5. Fird Birfle says:

I hope you dare to. Melikes whut yoo say-d.

6. Cute Overload needs a whole category for Cute Things Wearing Sweaters.

7. Is that A Rule Of Cute? Sounds like it. If not, there needs to be. Soon.

8. Seems like the sweater would insulate the snake from the heat that he needs to get from his environment.

9. Reminds me of the Children’s book “Crictor” about an old French lady that is sent a pet boa constrictor as a gift. He had an extra cozy sweater and hat for walks in the snow and a looooong bed to sleep in.

10. Fird Birfle says:

I will advise caution around Sergeant Theo, with the specific term “knitted”
    [in re, please see that term in El Glossario!!]….however I myself am not aware of any issues re/ “sweateuw” or its variants :)

11. I don’t always wear a sweateuh, but when I do, it’s a peenk one. :P

12. Fird Birfle says:
  13. Fird Birfle says:

is your body long and cylindrical???

*blink* *blink*

14. Ya, but if he doesn’t like it, he can just wiggle out by moving forward.

15. Toasssssssssty!

16. The great thing with this sweater is it’s versatility – turtleneck one day, rounded collar the next, and maybe even an off-the-shoulder number if she feels like it.

17. Did no one else think of Richard Scarry’s Lowly Worm after looking at the last photo? Granted, L.W. wears a button shirt and bow tie, not a sweateaw, but it’s kinda the same thing.

18. And dare I say, this sweater is totally matchingks with McSnakersons..?

19. ?????!????!??????? That ees all.

20. Am I going crazy, or did extra pictures suddenly show up on this post?

21. Well done, Sugitomo! “off the shoulder,” *snrk,snrk*!!!

22. Are the snake’s nostrils actually at the end of antennae?!!? Are those Nostril Stalks?!? What am I seeing? (I mean besides a snake in a sweater…)

23. Alice Shortcake says:

HIS LITTLE SWEATER MATCHES HIS EYES!!!

24. that would be a true statement. NINJA POST!

25. Yes! Lowly’s garment does look like a kind of one-piece thingy.

26. What kind of snake is this, dare I ask? A corn snake? Rosy boa?

27. warrior rabbit says:

He seems very happy in the last picture. No, I’m not anthropomorphizing. Why do you ask?

28. hoosierina says:

Does he dress himself (erh,or herself?) or does s/he have an assistant?

29. I wondered what kind of snake, too….is it an albino something? His/her color is beautiful. And beautifully complemented by the pink sweater.

30. Ah, thank you. Because I would HATE to think I was going crazy.

31. fish eye no miko says:

No, I think that’s his tail behind his head. If you look at the first picture, his face/head looks like a normal snakey head,

32. GOOD GOD PEOPLE THIS IS REDONK I’M HAVING A HEART ATTACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK

33. …does he send you Coco Loco? (Come on, 30 comments and nobody’s picked up on Milky Joe’s name yet? Fail, Internet :))

34. twocityshibas says:

Yes, how did mcsnakerson get into his/her/its cozy sweater?

(love the smile)

35. Billy Joel reference!

36. You oughta know by now.

37. Needs yodeler hat. :)

38. I’m not a snake person but I give huuuuge props to a hooman who would take the time to knit a sweateaw for their pet snake. I mean really, how freaking awesome is it?!

39. It’s a Blizzard Corn. I have a wee one meself.

40. Hang on! And also the knitting is particularly particular.

41. But isn’t that his taileo underneath him in the photo where it looks like a nostril stalk? Unless that thing underneath him is “something else”…

42. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Super snake snood.

Take that any way you want. Super snake. Super snood for super snake. What.ever.

43. P.S. Does anyone know what type of snake that is?

44. What about “knitting rabies”?

45. No, it’s her tail underneath, but I have NO IDEA what is beside/on her nose! inquiring minds want to know! And, yes, this is REDONK!!

46. redvelvetrose says:

Not to spoil the cuteness, but I think that may be the tail of whatever it is he/she/it is swallowing in that picture.

47. By sliding in, obviously.

48. This is what I’m saying.

49. Is that all you get for your money?
    (I mean, there’s not even SLEEVES…)

50. aw cmon. You want us to believe, that somebody combined the words
    Blizzard and Corn, to identify a type of creepy-crawlie ????
    That seems farcical and Gilbert/ Sullivan-ish … *snort of bemused disbelief*

51. As a co-worker of mine once said, “How can I trust anyone that doesn’t have shoulders?”

52. Yes. I’m almost certain that it is an albino corn snake. I had one many years ago, she was wonderful pet!! When I got her, she was about the size of a pencil and she was always very friendly and gentle (unless you we’re a mouse. Sorry, guys. That is definitely a tail in his/her mouth there.)
    Her name was calliope and I loved her dearly (but I could never watch her eat.)
    PS good point about the sweater and cold-bloodedness. Haha.
    Also corn snake genetic are FASCINATING! They can be amelanistic: lacking black pigment (like calliope) or aneurthrisic: lacking red pigment (silent film-y) or totally albino: lacking both (like our friend here).

53. It’s an albino corn snake. It looks just like my Salazar!

54. Exactly my thought. (Still, pink looks fabu with its pastel colouring, non?)

55. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Are you kidding me!! This is the most ridiculous thing EVER.

56. It looks like a corn snake.

57. It looks a lot like my old snake Nala (yes I named a snake after a Disney lion), she (possibly he) was an Albino Black Rat snake.

58. snakes color mutations have some cool names. Purple passion, bumblebee, pastel, crystal, puzzle, lavender… I could go on! :)

59. WOW nice data & presentation, Stella!!! I DEF learned things that I never knew before, reading your info. How cool.

60. me no likey circle of life. me haz a sad :;(

61. RIIIIIII-CO-LAAAAAA!

62. *snerk*

63. Snakeys are certainly what you get if you move out to the country. :P

64. I”ve been begging for a KNITTED tag for years but so far, no yarn.

65. Now that you’ve said that I can totally see it IS swallowing something, which is probs a leetle mousie. Circle of life, indeed.

66. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

And how IS his name pronounced? Scary? Scarr-y?

67. Ah yes, I can see it too now. Circle of Life is MUCH less disturbing than Snakes With Nostril Stalks…

68. hey this is Steph that’s my snake Milky Joe, he’s a snow corn snake and I commissioned Kacie Kim, who did a truly fantastic job, to do the sweater http://www.etsy.com/shop/unicomart he likes trying to get in to small enclosed spaces so he had no trouble getting into the sweater and seemed to enjoy it.

I can’t believe this is the first cute snake! check out zubon http://thisisasnake.tumblr.com/ and http://adorablesnakes.tumblr.com/

69. That is EXACTLY what I thought of Fluffernugget :D

70. OMG THIS SO SUPER AWESOME. *ded*

71. Thanks Stephd. I’m tryng to imagine Kacie’s reaction when you started talking to her about this.

Wait, it’s a sleeve about 1 inch across, and twenty inches long?

72. One of life’s great enduring questions: ‘sweatah’ or ‘sweateuw’?