My Mom Is NOT a Cougar!

Not that there is anything wrong with being a cougar.

Photo by Sean Gallup of Getty Images.

Comments

1. No, if memory serves, this li’l booger’s mom is a jaguar, or a leopard. Don’t know if cougars have a melanistic phase.

2. His mom’s name is Demi Moore.

3. Pretty kitty! :)

4. But his dad is not Ashton Kutcher.

5. Oh my, sweet whiskers
    You deal death without remorse
    Cute claims another….

6. Whoever (whomever)? your mommy and daddy are, they done good!

7. glory be to god for dappled things

8. Clairdelune says:

YESSSS! And spotty things, and stripey things, fluffy and sleek things, and above all, all purry whiskery things. :-D

9. Crazy Pants says:

When the bee stings. When the dog bites. When I’m feeling sad. I simply remember the dappledy things and then I don’t feel so bad!

10. What you all said. You’re all so much more eloquent than I am.

11. But…does anybody recognize the poet/poem I was quoting?….

12. sophiabrooks says:

Pied Beauty?

13. sophiabrooks says:

The name of the poem sent me to the moderation lounge!

14. Oh, ceejoe, you are a cheater but I love you.

15. lol, thank you. I thought about pretending that I knew, but I am a terrible liar. :)

16. Oh, ehn, OMGRD, so.. er, cute… fuzzy, spots… an… wiskerz… ehn… erg… PRETTY!

17. The Original Jane says:

Then we can throw in puma and mountain lion also….

18. Whoever

19. If a panther calls, don’t anther. Ogden Nash

20. The San Diego Zoo has a grown up version of this kitteh. Her coat is like the blackest velvet you’ll ever see, and up close you can see the patterns. Seriously the most beautiful animal I’ve ever seen. I tried to take a picture of her for a good 10 minutes without success, even though she was less than 10 ft from me (it was 6pm on an autumn evening).

21. Isn’t this a black jaguar? Theyre gorgeous as adults but this little one’s adorable just the way he is.

22. for skies of coupled colour, as a brinded cow…

I have it MEMORIZED, people. Not to brag. I’m just so super psyched to see it quoted.

23. Nerd alert: something I love about that poem is its heavy usage of words of Anglo-Saxon origin. “Glory” is about the only Latinate word. Political correlation between championing what’s spotted and loving the muvver tongue of English (and not the elite, conquering Latin/French). *shuffles humbly back to seat, blushing and petting dog*

24. anyway, my main point is: ERMAHGERD, teh Qte.

25. Ah, *couple-* colour. Pride goeth before a fall. Time to knock the rust off ye olde memorization. Thanks to skippymom for reminding me of this sublime poem!

26. They do, but uncommon. I’m with you: jaguar or leopard (I’m leaning leopard).

27. Randy Patee says:

Aww, what a sweetheart! Terri P from Indy

Sent from my iPad

28. GERALD MANLEY HOPKINS

29. AWW, what a cute little panther cub :D

30. Kitty looks like he just took a monster bong hit

31. duuuuude….

32. If called by a panther, don’t anther…….fixed that for ya. ;)

33. Tracy Klinesteker says: