Banana Joe 4 The #Win

And……we have a Best In Show winner at the Westminster Dog Show in NYC- it’s Banana Joe, an affenpinscher of rather noble breeding. (His full name is Banana Joe V Tani Kazari!)

130213100303-banana-joe-2-single-image-cut

gty_banana_joe_best_in_show_lpl_130212_wg

Dog Show.JPEG-0aa42
Photo 1 from ABC News; Photo 2 from Sports Illustrated; Photo 3 from The Washington Post/Frank Franklin II/Associated Press.

Comments

1. Such a cute little Ewok!

2. HAhaha I THOUGHT the same exact thing Donna…lol.

3. He’s adorable, but I can’t help but be a little disappointed that Banana Joe gave the slip to a dog named Oakley.

4. I was rooting for Oakley. He was an extremely handsome dog.

5. I’m sorry, Banana Joe is ugly. He’s cuddly but ugly.

6. The crowd really wanted that sheepdog to win. I have no idea what a “reserve” Best in Show entails. Does the sheepdog take over if the affenpinscher is unable to fulfill the duties of Best in Show?

7. i was a big fan of Uno.

8. um…wasn’t meant to be a reply to a particular post. can i get a doggie do-over?

9. I fell in love with the poof that is the Old English Sheepdog, but I have to admit that as soon as I saw the little feetsies of Banana Joe running up for the prize, I was just floored. That is one cute looking dog!

10. don’t know how i browsed to it but i just spent 20 minutes learning about breeds i never even heard of (wire-haired vizsla? get…OUT!)

and that page is all about rescues. the deaf boxer-dalmatian is killin’ me, smalls.

11. leonberger. leonberger? leonberger. leonberger!

first google hit for “leonberger” :

12. sabrina rose says:

Love the way Banana Joe moves, trots along as light as air. I don’t follow dog shows, but I wish I knew just what qualities Joe has to have to get 85 wins under his belt. Wonder if he will get to stay home now and be a companion dog, as well as a champion stud, of course.

13. Did I lose a post? Where did the rescue dog rap go? Am I imagining things again?

14. What a squee little guy!

15. Martha in Washington says:

Joe is a cutie but I was pulling for the American Foxhound named Jewel. Just like my late sweetie was named. :’(

16. Martha in Washington says:

Yep, the Sheepdog will go to the grocery store openings if Joe can’t make it. Or if some unsavory photos of Joe show up on the interwebs somehow. :shock:

17. warrior rabbit says:

The sheepdog was gay?

18. *pats rescue gal reassuringly on the shoulder*

19. what an elegant name for a furry friend!!!

RIP Jewel (in Washington ?)

20. Well, then how come he’s on CUTEoverload?

21. Temporary lapse in judgement…hehehe

22. It happens to the best of us.

23. I beg to differ. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am beholding a very adorable little guy.

24. Hey to each his own, right?

25. Ha! The randomness of that line after the OP just makes it awesome.

26. This picture is just perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Kittehs, bunnehs and (most of) God’s creatures are wonderful, but there’s something about dogs that makes my heart warm and happy…

27. Yeah, I noticed that, too! And he probably makes the best dog puns!

28. Uno is a fine, fine beegle!

29. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

30. Yeah, for a minute there he looked like he was on skates or casters or something.

31. I was rooting for her, too – what a lovely lady! And such a sweet white muzzle!

32. Certainly not. :)

33. Banana Joe is the best name for a champion evar!

I was also rooting for sheepdoggeh Swagger because his humans opened their kennel to animals who were homeless during fires last year.

34. fleurdamour says:

An Oscar Wilde thing.

35. fleurdamour says:

“He looks like a little banana!”

36. rescue gal says:

*sigh* Thanks.

37. “Let the Wookie win”

38. Well personally i think they all deserved to win… this is why I am not a judge. I think they are all wonderful. I have no clue how they can even decide. plus how do they manage to not be a puddle of goo on the floor. So much cute.