THIS JUST IN: The Nine Cutest Things That Ever Happened

OK, who in the world is Gordon Hamilton and how does he and his Australian Voices choir know so much ABOUT THE CUTE!? Check them sing about the top 9 Cutest things—they picked some damn good ones. Thanks to alert cuteporter (and member of Australian Voices his own self) Scott Griffin. Hey Scott, which one are you in the video?! Don’t be shy now.

UPDATE FROM SCOTT DOWN UNDAH: “Yes, I’m in the background on the right at 0:12 :-)”

Comments

1. I’m overwhelmed by cute, and now I’m almost dead (luckily there wasn’t 10 cutest things that ever happened).

2. This is fantastic! I counted 7 of the 9 showing up on CO, and I’m going to ask my choir director if we can do this song next year.

3. cutaweseom mini-doc with fanatastic musica. Bravo!

4. Applause….Bravo….More Applause….

5. Standing ovation here! Bravo!

6. i’m sorry… i LOVE the cute… but couldn’t get past 44 seconds. choir music = UGH.

7. Has anyone been following the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee lately? http://www.theittybittykittycommittee.com Those Tiptons will be in this song next time! And Laurie, the IBKC chief kitteh wrangler, is going to be writing a book! Maybe she can help us with NTMTOM’s coffee table book!

8. Why shouldn’t Aussies know about the cute?? They have wallabies, wombats, possums, koalas, bandicoots, sugar gliders, little penguins, Tasmanian devils, cockatoos, galahs, fairy wrens, kangaroos, kookaburras, bettongs, echidnas, platypi, potoroos, quokkas, quolls, and numbats!!!

9. Oh no, moderation! What do we have over there, with the toothpicks stuck in it?

10. Hope you enjoy the clip guys, we had SOO much fun making it :-) you can see me in the background on the far right at 0:12.

11. Hey dgerish, just email Gordon Hamilton and he can send you the sheet music.

12. Sasha's Mum says:

That is the most excellent thing ever. No, that’s not hyperbole. You simply cannot top a cute montage paired with choral music. Nope, can’t be done.

13. What a great choral sound! Bravo!

14. Music just makes me all *emotional*, ya’ll!! [reaches for tissue] That was just so, so, so beautiful! [sniff]

15. 260Oakley says:

We’ve got ourselves a Cute Down Under Overload. It’s a very G’day for the Australians, serving us our bums in a billycan.

16. You could occupy your time by trying to guess which name got you sent there ;-)

17. At first glance, I thought the video would tell me where Bea is. But it turned out to be awesome sauce, with even better imagery. Looking forward to an encore or follow up from this group.

18. I’m with you np. Photos – cute! Song – yuck.

19. Rock ON!!!!! That is so cool!!

20. Then keep yer traps shut.. Just coo the cute pictures, leave the negativity out.

21. Just. Fabulous.

22. Manchego stuffed dates with bacon.

23. that kitten in a shopping cart was lethal but that huge dog being carried into the vet’s? finishing coup de grace.

24. Oh no you don’t! You’re just trying to make me say Macbeth!

25. This is so cute. I think they should be sent calendars in appreciation of the time and effort they put into this.

26. I thought I was hardened to the Qte (not really :)), but the doggy-woggy at the vet being carried like a child got me!

27. sabrina rose says:

I got the impression that the doggy jumped right into his person’s arms as soon as he realized he was at the vet. His expression reminded me of a little kid finding out he was taken to the doctor to get a SHOT!

28. sabrina rose says:

Yes, me too. It was a clever and lovely tribute to CO!

29. Thank you! The music was awesome!

30. Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends!!!

31. bexrayspex says:

I can’t believe everyone held it together so well without even messing yourselves up by smiling too much, haha. BTW, you guys were *amazing.* (I’m a former choirperson myself, though not in anything quite so cute/impressive :)

32. Mary (the first) says:

I’m guessing the Tasmanian thingies?

33. Mary (the first) says:

I’m a little misty here.. it was all lovely but that elephump at the end frolicking in the waves.. sigh. SO cute!!

34. This makes me soooo proud to be an Aussie! Long live cute, you beauuuuty! (What…no echidna puggle?)

35. Love, love, love the a capella!!! (But no kitten hug??!!)

36. I was thinking c*ckatoos? But yeah, it’s probably more likely those Tasmanian guys.

37. Best. Video. Ever!!! This is the sort of thing that could ultimately bring about world peace.

38. Love eet! :) Great way to start the day! :)

39. what pookie said :)

40. Tlynnclemmons says:

I wanna know what kind of monkey that is……. it absolutely IS the cutest one I’ve ever seen I think.

41. WHAT?! THIS WAS THE BEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN! What a new way to experience cute.

(plus the music showed me there are peeps that take cute seriously, just like me!)

42. Seriously. It’s not my cup of tea, either, but it’s treacly sweet, just like… HEY?! KITTENS!! Your sense of silly is dangerously low.

43. Oooh, great suggestion! Tasmanian thingies on toothpicks, coming right up!

44. goddessoftransitory says:

Awww, the definition of Cutie Patootie.

Plus, Gordon Hamilton def belongs in the Men of… calender! He can direct my choir any day (If you know what I mean and I think you do)

((Meant in an entirely lighthearted and nonstalkery way and all due respects to any partners of Mr. Hamilton))

(((But seriously–how adorable is he with the directing?)))

45. hmmmmmmm New Euphemism for ….*ahem*: “direct my choir”

……*I am now hearing Anita Ward, in my mind,
    singing “you can direct my Kwa-ya-yayr, d’rect my kwayr, …ding ding
    ding a ling a ling….*[then a squalling, wailing high note like a siren, etc, etc ]…

46. Well, this was awesome, and I am forwarding it posthaste to my friend the President and lead alto of Cascadian Chorale!!

47. sabrina rose says:

I agree. Bravo!! Encore!!! Clever, charming, humorous, appropriately scored. Hope they produce this at least once a year!

48. He’s a brilliant conductor :)

49. He’s a brilliant conductor. Great to sing for :)

50. tibbymstie says:

Wow – that’s a LOT of cute,, but NO MARU?? How can you have the “Cutest” things without him? My advice? Less dogs, more Maru. ; )