Wow, That’s Cold

… but it was not until the next morning that Marcie came to the realization that the birdie she’d been stalking all night came from a badminton set.

Not an actual cat, but either an ingenious sculpture or a once-in-a-lifetime snow formation, captured by sammydavisdog.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

Icecatpades

2. SlaveToCat says:

Claps

3. Wow, I’m having trouble thinking someone could have made that, because it looks like the kind of snow that you barely touch and it falls apart. So that would mean that mother nature is a cat lady!!

4. That might explain the crazy weather we’ve been having lately! :)

5. No kidding. In north-central Kansas (Emporia to be exact) it was in the mid-70s on Monday. By Wednesday morning, we had a light dusting of snow. It was 9F when I left home this morning. Brrrrr.

6. Anyone else notice the heart at the branch fork in front of the kitteh?

7. Not to threadjack, but there is a hilarious video about catnip on Huffington Post.

Definitely worth seeing.

8. I think it looks a bit more like a lama.

9. Excellent sighting, mtkees! I’m wondering if there’s some sort of frame that the snow just gathered around. However it was done, it’s genius.

10. Me likey :)

11. Looking at this a bit more closely, I think there may have been some photo manipulation involved in the area of the two “ears,” which seem identical in even the smallest detail. Even if that’s so, this is still an amazing image.

12. Maybe if the snow fell in the shape of cats around my house I wouldn’t dislike the stuff so much. Of course I wouldn’t have the heart to shovel it so I’d be stuck in the house until spring. :lol:

13. Then you could CO all day in your jammies. Doesn’t sound so bad now does it? Let the kitteh-flakes fall !!

14. ScoutsMom says:

If you put a hat on it, will it come to life like Frosty the Snowman?

15. no, a collar!

16. Yes, truly lol inducing – had to stifle my guffaws here at work. :)

17. I think I saw this on an episode of Tom & Jerry once.

18. That is really cool!

19. Yes, it looks like one of the ears was cut and paste from the other. Still a cool formation.

20. You know you;ve been on the Internet too long when you start seeing cats everywhere.

21. phred's mom says:

Mama Nature is not only a cat lady, she is
    an artist. Btw, yesterday temp was 63 in
    Bucks County and tonight is to go down
    to 10! Wish I had a kitteh to cuddle with.
    *snif*

22. phred's mom says:

Mike, you are absolutely right, those
    ears are twins; one was shopped
    in. Totally unnnecessary, the picture
    worked without doing that.
    *harrumph*

23. phred's mom says:

Why, oh why, am I in the mod
    lounge?!?!? All I said was that
    I agreed with Mike about the ears.
    Now, where in tunket (is tunket ok?)
    are those Fritos? And the dip!
    And the scotch!

24. bob drummond says:

forget the scotch , that thing would thaw in an instant !!!( if it was in the Mod Lounge with you !)

25. bob drummond says:

all of you are right !- now lets go to the mod lounge and have something nice and hot 2 drink – brrrrr , I’m freezing out here !!!

26. Fird Birfle says:

wow quite the temp contrasts !!

27. Fird Birfle says:

YIKES!!!

28. think they might have put out an armature the night before, so that the snow settled over it and looked like this. can’t imagine how they knew what kind of snow they would get – in Canada, you kind of get the snow the sky feels like dumping on you. either way, Mother Nature had a hand in it – a cat made of diamonds that melt in the sun. too pretty.

29. I saw it too, mtkees :D The snow in the shape of a dear sweet kitty and a heart :D They both look so pretty :D

30. Is this fur real?!!??!!!