THIS JUST IN: First Dog Barney is Barking at the Pearly Gates

What!? We scooped Scottish Terrier News.com!? Come on! THEY SHOULD BE ON THIS!!!

President George W. Bush’s First Dog Barney has passed away. Let’s go to The Dubya Facebooks for details:

“Laura and I are sad to announce that our Scottish Terrier, Barney, has passed away. The little fellow had been suffering from lymphoma and after twelve and a half years of life, his body could not fight off the illness.”

july_08
“At Camp David, his favorite activity was chasing golf balls on the chipping green.”

barney-first-dog
Using the power of the Cute Overload WAYBACK MACHINE we’ve looked into the past at what Lil’ Barnicles might have looked like as a puppulence:

Screen-shot-2011-11-13-at-12.00.46-PMScottish-Terrier-puppy-with-large-ears scottish_terrier_puppy_for_sale_19266979

Rest in peace Barney buddy. Baby Scottish Terrier pics via Scottish Terrier News. Because if it’s not Scottish Terrier News, IT’S CRAP!

Comments

1. bob drummond says:

Resr in peace Barney !!! you will be missed !!!

2. Condolences to the Bush family.

3. Politics will come and go but a dog’s love will never waver. Barney did a service to our nation by the comfort he gave our president during his term. I know the Bush family will feel the loss of his presence. My condolences to them.

And on another note, I thought I was the only one that remembered that bit from SNL. Shrek’s voice started there, I’ll bet.

4. fish eye no miko says:

If you mean, “It’s its not Scottish, it’s CRAP!”, that wasn’t SNL, it was “So I Married an Axe Murderer”.

5. Aww, I was just looking at pictures of Barney and other First Pets the other day. He always seemed like such a little bundle of personality. Good dog.

6. Pie Jesu, Barney

7. Donna Stratton says:

RIP Barney.

8. …which was Mike Myers. Shrek’s voice DID start there.

9. Bone a’eis requiem.

10. Doggies know no politics, and neither does heartbreak. My heartfelt condolences to the Bush family.

11. I never thought I’d have sympathy for the Bush Family, but how can you not when such a special family member succumbs? RIP Barney.

12. “I believe that Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.”

13. Barooo :(

I always thought you could just tell how much that family loved him. The interaction between dog and president was always pure happiness

He’s wagging and playing chase with Checkers, Millie, Fala, and all the other First Pups, I bet

14. Rest in peace, little Barney, may you romp forever upon fields of clover and daisies, chasing butterflies and rainbows and playing “catch the halo” with the cherubim…

Condolences to the Bush family on their loss – he was a beaut!

15. Handsome Scottie by whatever measure you choose. Barney, have fun chasing whatever you like, sleep on the softest bed, and eat like a prince, wherever you are.

16. mini-barn! *mega-thud*

17. Barney was the only Bush I liked. Bless you, Barney.

18. Such sad news,Rest In Peace Barney

19. So sad! Warm thoughts to the Bush family and i hope Barney is having fun chasing balls in heaven.

20. pupfanatic says:

D’ohhh, so true. Screw politics: RIP lil Barn.

21. pupfanatic says:

Le sigh.

22. words like these make my cynical heart sad. Must go find a “Restores faith in humanity” post.
    Blessings to all and to all families who love their anipals.

23. I’m so sad at his passing and I send condolences to the Bush family. I know they will miss him terribly. Rest in peace, sweet boy.

24. Heartfelt condolences to you, President and Mrs. Bush. We all know the ache in your hearts right now and pray for comfort for you. May the memories be comforting and the hurt heal.

25. George Bush never ate dog, like our current president !

26. :( My heart goes out to the Bush family at their time of loss. Losing an anipal is very sad. But I feel happy they gave him a forever home and he gave them love. Rest in peace, lovely Barney,. :(

27. If you’ve ever even looked at the ingredients in a haggis, you’d agree :)

28. This is very sad news. RIP!

29. Not a nice comment

30. bark-a-lounger says:

Condolences to the Bush family – what a cutie that dog was. And the video was Scott-tacular! (“Do you miss me yet?”… yes. yes we do :o( )

31. bark-a-lounger says:

My comment above was supposed to show “frowny” face, not a “smiley” face… because it is always sad to lose a furry friend…

32. The bunny hopping up the stairs at 3:26! I could watch that on a loop. What a cute goggy.

33. I always loved Barney after the time he bit a reporter. He was always his own dog, not one to cater to the paparazzi.

34. Me too such a cutie pie.

35. Awwww…that is so sad :( It’s never easy to say goodbye to animal family members. My condolences to the Bush family. May Barney be chasing golf balls over rainbow bridge.

36. I’ve never seen “So I Married an Axe Murder” so I didn’t know it was used there. I’m pretty sure they did a skit with that on SNL but I have no idea which happened first.

37. Excuse me for being honest.