This Guy Looks Vaguely Familiar

I can’ him. Maybe if I hang upside down.

From The Birfle: “I found this pic in another pic-gathering website called Clipboard.”

1. From OUR BIRFLE??? :)

Thanks to ceejoe, the Great and Powerful Skippymom, Nikki and Brinke for encouragement!!

woo-HOO my first item of visual posted evah!!!

3. skippymom says:

Birf, you’re having quite a year, eh? How much better can things get?!

4. well, I *still* haven’t gotten a bebbeh goat aka kid yet; but otherwise, many things sure are Spiffy thx. Sk’mom, is your house a household with multiple non-hominid residents? How is/ are Skippy and (potentially) other furry residents there?

5. skippymom says:

Skippy, Eddy, Francesco and Chloe are all well, thank you. They’ve been spending a lot of time by the fireplace since the temperature has been in the single digits a lot of nights here in MA.
    I’ll tell them you said hello.
    I’m still working on the baby goat.

6. Great find, Firdie :)

7. thx jerzowa !!

I did like it particularly and FWIW, I like it even BETTAH b/c they took the photo in black & white. Not sure if I understand why, but it seems to me that I pay more attenshons to the item and the setting, etc., in a b/w or sepia photo than I do in some color photos.

8. I particularly like, in this picture, that we get to see the beautiful markings on the bird’s wings, and back; and still get all the adorableness of his beady little eye, and pointy tiny beak, too. Oh, and the tiny grippy tosies too. :)

9. Oh yes. The Birfle Of McFirdiness.

10. :)

11. *shaking pompoms*

12. skippymom says:

*doing the wave*
    *stockpiling weapons and canned goods*

13. 8-O

14. *digging through the recipe box*
    *inventorying every recipe which calls for capers*
    …uh, what? :?

15. …you know, I just thought of a new drinking game. Where’s the cooking sherry?

16. *blowing noisemaker*
    *stomping feet too*

17. I like Brinke’s derivation on my name. I jist miiiiight……hmmmm…..

*light bulb appears over hed*

18. FIRDIE, that is STINKIN’ cute!!!!

19. *does a courtly bow*

20. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

21. Objects on mirror are every bit as cute as they appear.

22. :)

23. Awww, what a cutie patootie!

24. From “The Birife”! Great selection, caption, and cute boid!

25. now THAT’s an interesting version of mon nom de plume! I know, it’s ALWAYS the fault of them dang keyboards. ALWAYS. but thanks for the kudos :)

26. Whoooops! It is in fact the keyboard’s fault. There’s a problem with my “L” key…. so I guess it should have been Birlfe……. never mind….. (slinking away)

27. no worries!! 90 % of my posts have boo-boos in ’em even when I think I”ve done my proofreading. I meant no harm. *hugz*

28. Looks like a wren-tal car to me.

29. :)

30. Kari Callin says:

“Mascara? Check. Lipstick on my beak? Check? OMG! Is that a grey feather?!”

31. :)

32. Blue Footed Booby says:

I inexplicably derive pleasure from seeing how people abbreviate internet handles.

33. lisaLASSIE says:

Glad to hear it, Bloofy dear.

34. [snrk]

35. Objects in the rearview mirror may appear closer than they are.
    So sayeth The Birdcage.

36. i think Nikki said it above too. ;)

Also, I am currently listening to Meat Loaf!

37. I swears when i posted it, it was earlier in the chain and looked a little more original. Oh wells!

38. SlaveToCat says:

Gotta love them heated mirrors in the winter.

39. I love birds. This made my day, thank you.

40. Narcissus the Birdie mesmerized by his own cuteness.

41. What an adorable photo! Good job to the person who captured it :)

42. warrior rabbit says:

“Are you my mother?”

43. “Yes, and you’re driving me up the wall!”

44. warrior rabbit says:

45. oh come on, that was the perfect response! Driving? Upside down?

46. 4leafclover says:

I think we should name this little guy “Bird Firfle”–yes?

47. D’awwww!!! Cute idea, 4leaf!!

48. “Hmm, whoever that is, he’s quite handsome.”

49. The title of this picture is Suis je beau? Taken by Gilles Alain Taochy on Flickr (gilles_974)

50. Oui, you are! :)

51. THANK you Flora!! When I first “found” the pic, I believe I did do a bit of reconaissance (sp?) but was unable to locate origin data except that it was from Flickr….YAY for resoich.

52. maybe he’s just feeling peck-ish.

53. So cute! My budgie boy hangs upside down on my bedroom mirror all the time while he is snorgling his reflection… oooh boids. This pic makes me happy

54. awww you have a budgie boy? Me too!