Someone Left the Seal Out in the Rain

Smartie the Seal lives in Stranraer, Scotland. It seems workers at a ferry terminal found him in the parking lot one night during a storm. They tried to get him into the water, but Smartie was havin’ none of it.

The next morning they called the SPCA, and stored Smartie in the boot trunk of a vehicle for safekeeping ’til help arrived.

Clipboard01

Smartie had other ideas, and wiggled his way onto the dashboard. Mr. McSmartersons is hanging out at the National Wildlife Centre for the time being.

Comments

1. katrinab73 says:

what a cutie!! and smartie seems like the perfect name for this fellow :)

2. A bona fide seal of approval for the driver.

3. SlaveToCat says:

When I said the old jalopy needed a new seal around the window I didn’t mean…….. …….Smartie Pants.

4. Draw me like one of your french phoques [no, really, look it up in a frawnshe-english dictionareeeee ... .... !]

5. Best dashboard bobble-head ever!

6. Seal do end up in the most unusual places, remember this one?

7. I checked on my sofa and UNDER my sofa, no seal danggit!

8. I just realized how awesome he would be if he could also give directions to wherever you need to go.

9. Nobody puts Smartie in the corner — er, boot — er, TRUNK!

10. Wow, I’ve heard of car dealerships painting cars to match lipstick shades, but matching the interiors to baby seals?

Top that fine Corinithean Leather!

11. I demand a ResQte tag on this :) …okay maybe not demand…but hope and plead??

12. And omg….i think i need to move to Scotland where the seal pups seem aplenty! Anyone else wanna go??

13. they should just issue a national health card for the seals and cetaceans and let them all show up when they need a little TLC

14. fish eye no miko says:

GPS: Global Positioning Seal.

15. Every time you request directions somewhere, you always end up at the nearest fish ‘n chips shop.

16. Hey, if you had to swim in the North sea all the time, you’d be looking for a nice, warm car, too!

17. Mary (the first) says:

I’ll see your hope and plead, and raise you an entreat!!

18. Mary (the first) says:

OMG I came here to tell everyone how much I want to go to Scotland. When can you leave??

19. :)

20. Mr. Smarty McSmartsons *does* look as though he’s the bouncer in charge at the door of a highly-valued night club. Just needs one or two thick gold chains. Or are those declasse this year???

21. I think they were déclassé a couple of decades ago (nudge, nudge, wink, wink,) :lol:

22. SlaveToCat says:

Or in the bay. ;P

23. That seal is all like, you know what? I’m sick of all this hunting for fish and being out in the cold. I think I’ll just find me a human who’ll take me to one of those seal resorts where they’ll feed and pamper me. That’s the ticket! Smartie indeed.

24. Sealio just wants to be taken to the drive through at McDs for a fish sammich.

25. I don’t have a car, but I have a bicycle basket. Can I take him please?

26. He looks comfy.

27. Just looks totally relaxed and in charge of his day.

28. i want to say thank you to those dock workers who went to so much trouble to help Mr. Smartie!! [mwah! to you over the ocean]

29. apparently that seal has violated its watertight integrity

30. Me neither, and my car is lacking a dashboard seal as well. Life is so unfair sometimes…

31. This is absolutely one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! ^.^

32. Sounds just like my GPS, except mine is plastic

33. pupfanatic says:

Smartie- since your name is obviously appropo, please find your way to West Hollywood, Ca. My apt. ain’t big, but it’s bigger than a dash board. Do you like peanut butter? That’s right…whatever you want, whisker face!!

34. And I don’t think I can take it, ‘cuz it took so long to lift it, and I’ll never have feeling in my back agaaaaain, oh nooooooo

(Am I the only one who knew the reference in the title?)