Chinchillas! With! Cheerios!

Masumi T. and husband Chadsen K. just blew the roof off of CO. Gone.

Whaddawehavehere, Masumi? “White Chinchilla (Dad): Shifu. Black chinchilla (Mom): Boba. Gray Chinchilla (daughter): Mimi.”

IMG_5087
“Plain Cheerios were recommended by their vet as a snack, so they’re safe to eat! :)”

IMG_5093
“Shifu one day kept a Cheerio in his mouth for about a minute before deciding to eat it.”

IMG_5097
“I probably squirm every day because of their immense cuteness!” [Imagine that. -Ed]

“If this is submitted you don’t have to use the description I gave at all to describe them, it was just so you get an idea of what was happening. :)” [Oh, we got it. -Ed]
UPDATE! We got another batch JUST IN!

IMG_3535IMG_3621IMG_3631IMG_3707IMG_3770IMG_4481

Comments

1. Did anyone else think the first pic was of a chinchilla with mini-sausage lips??

2. I didn’t read the title at first, I just looked at the first photo and thought:

8O !!! Is that chinchilla whistling??? 8O !!! :lol:

3. The ears! The rotundness! The ears! The soft fluffulence! And did I mention, “The ears!’?

4. Alice Shortcake says:

Yes, for one mad moment I thought I was seeing the first photo of a whistling chinchilla. My brain even came up with a tune…«Strangers in the Night».

I frighten myself sometimes.

5. i just splorted all over my &^k y/';bo#rd$.

6. Chinnies have the cutest bodies!

7. The Original Jane says:

They have the softest fur in the world!

8. Yes. Yes, I did.

9. I saw my first chinchilla up close and personal just last week. I took my Lily chihuahua to the pet store to browse and check out the critters (cats, guinea pigs, mousies, a parrot or two). I fell in loff with the chinchilla, who couldn’t have cared less about the whack job lady and her chihuahua peering at her through the window. :) But you could tell the chin was just exquisitely soft and floofy.

10. YOU. ARE. KEELINGK. ME!

11. Tim McDaniel says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*thud*

“blew the roof off of CO. Gone”. Yup. That is INSANELY cyute.

12. *Pulls out Hello Kitty vacuum to begin shclurping up glittery asplosion leftovers; thinks better of it, starts to reach for heavy duty shop vac*-but the last picture catches my eye…

Kachunk.

13. Chinchilla-ree, chinchilla-ree,
    Chin-chill-a-ree,
    Chinchillas are pretty as pretty can bee,
    Chinchilla-ree, chinchilla-ree,
    Chin-chill-a-roo
    They snuggle their friends and eat Cheerios, too.
    Or blow them a kiss,
    That’s what I would do!

14. kibblenibble says:

::-) :-)

15. princess guinea and ariel says:

chinnies are as cute as guineas!!

16. Now that is the kind of chinchilla coat that I could get into,

17. Well, who DOESN’T do that with their Cheerios? Chinchillas, they are just like us!

18. OMG those are cute.

Sorry about the roof, CO. ;)

19. My hamster would go crazy for Cheerios. :)

20. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

Diabeetus from all the cute.

21. SlaveToCat says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that plays with cheerios in the morning.

22. The roofer is due on Monday. Til then we have a really big tarp.

23. In my senior bio class in high school we had 3 chincillas, 2 female and 1 male, separated for their own good (supposedly). I’m pretty sure I got out of my seat at least twice every class to go give them Cheerios or raisins. I think I got a C in the class, but who could concentrate?!

24. And if that’s not cute enough, we also had a mouse olympics and we each got a mouse to train all year, then they got to compete. Mine’s name was Benny and he peed on me every day but I loved him– and he won 3 gold medals!!

25. I never had aminals in my classes :(
    My brother’s first grade class had a bunny but he was gone by the time I got there 2 years later.

One of my RAs in college adopted a rat from the psych lab after they were done with their experiments. She was a sweet white rat named Rosie. I always thought it was funny that it was the RA of all people who had a pet in her dorm room. ;)

26. warrior rabbit says:

Me, too!

27. warrior rabbit says:

You forgot the little hand! So prosh.

28. Queen of Dork says:

Yes! Agreed! The little hands are so sweet! And the Cheerios. *gulp. The hands and the Cheerios. too much proshness*

29. Once A Fish says:

Okay, so I have a story for you. In the early 70’s, my aunt wanted a chinchilla fur coat, but she couldn’t afford one, so she got two pet chinchillas and started to breed them and did the math to figure out how many chinchillas she would need to make a coat. She ended up with about twelve of them before she realized she couldn’t go all Cruella DeVille on them. She ended up making a chinchilla sanctuary for them so they could live out their lives in happiness, with lots of hidey holes and delicious snacks and lots of cuddles.

30. OMG they are sooooooo adorable!!!!!! I just love rodents! they make super pets!

31. PIKACHU!!!

32. WIN!!!! :)

33. 4leafclover says:

Smoochie lips!! Smoochie lips!! A chinchilla is flirting with me!!

34. I must teach my chinchillas to whistle that! Or at least look like they’re whistling so I can take a video and dub the sound in.

35. he chews you

36. Cuteee!!

37. fleurdamour says:

Pic 7 is a perfect storm of qte:

1. Someone chin-booped a chinchilla!
    2. Ears up! I like to think the ears went up just as the boop made contact.
    3. Tiny paw on hand alert! That deserves an extreme closeup.

38. something is amiss

there’s not one bit of chinchilla perp in any of those pics

39. Me three! I didn’t read the header first, so I was very confused by that picture. Cute little chinchilla family!

40. baileysgrandmom says:

Sorry, me no go to colidge–whut’s a RA?

41. Naaah. Chinchillah reveals it all zuh mystery:
    “Zem told me to put cheerio’ ring in my mouf to create plump lips and hold it so several minutes. But after just one minute… nommnommm… Can I haz anozer cheero,pleeeze?”.

42. Catwhisperer says:

Residence Assistant – usually an upperclassman who get paid to “supervise” the other students on their floor.

p.s. The first pic with the Cheerio keeled me.

43. Calamity Jane says:

They are just sooooo cute and cuddly, I would love to snuggle with them. Oh, and, Chinchillas With Cheerios would make a great band name!

44. NO! She is awesome!

45. The ears that are standing up! I didn’t know they could do that!

46. So full of win….

47. *madly clapping and whistling* :-)

48. Mine like Cheerios, plain shredded wheat–in very small pieces, and Grape-Nuts!

49. Buns do not make good class pets!
    But, I’ve always had appropriate pets in my class–gerbils, dwarf hammies, and the occasional rat!

50. So i read the title and giggled and then scrolled down because I’m on my ipad and squeed myself silly.

51. Chinchillin’