I Think I Can…I Think I Can…

Just gotta make it over the rock, and then it’s OCEAN CITY! Take it away, Parry Gripp!

Spotted on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Twitter feed.

Comments

1. tommygirl says:

Go buddy go!!

2. it’s an enh-dako

3. wait — wot??

There is not only a SONG about an octopus crawling over a rock, but there is here a VIDEO of an octopus crawling over a rock??

So now there are TWO “popular music” songs/ octopi??
    [Note "Octopus' Garden"/ Beatles :) ]

Signed,
    Will Wonders Never Cease??

4. The Original Jane says:

Awww…wish we’d seen him when we visited the Aquarium.

5. its so slimily yicky, its cute!

6. Octopi are not the cutest, but they are the coolest animals on the planet.

7. EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!

8. This made me really happy :D

9. I kind of have a totally irrational fear of octopi, but coupled with the song… I’m just confused now! Is it cute? Am I going to have nightmares? I have no idea!!

10. JustAnotherHeather says:

Did anyone else notice how the little dude(ette?) held on while getting into the water just like a little kid at the pool? Just holding on for safety’s sake, and then ,,, splash!

11. I totally think we need a spongebob square pants episode guest starring this guy as squidward’s happy go lucky cousin.

12. Nice oozing action into the actual sea. Well played, Mr. Cephalopod.

13. they are a superb intelligence! and cute!? yes!

14. I’m with you. For some reason, the music reminds me of “Baby monkey, baby monkey, ridin’ on a pig, baby monkey. Maybe it’s the simplicity of it?

Then you have this creepy creepin’, more intelligent than me, able to swim, yet walk on land, captain a ship, use a monocular… *shudder*

Now we’re BOTH gonna have nightmares! :D

15. I’m pretty sure the same person/people who sang the Baby Monkey song also did this octopus song. That monkey song remains one of my favorite pieces of music. :)

16. I believe they are the only nonvertebrates to be protected by animal cruelty laws in most places.

17. Ahahaha, it was the A-C word, wasn’t it? :D

18. Gotta love Parry Gripp! :-)

19. warrior rabbit says:

I really like the baby skunk song and the one with the cat flying through the air and pierogies (sp.).

20. warrior rabbit says:

You’d think I’d like the bunny one, and I do, but I like those other ones better. I feel like I have to be apologetic about that.

21. Alice Shortcake says:

*puts on pedantic pants*

Octopodes.

*takes off pedantic pants*

22. @ 6rabbits: I do??? (“Gotta love P.G.”) :)

23. WOW Alice has pedantic pants!!!

*searches my closet for pedantic pants*

in re. “octopodes”??
    OK. I can groove on that!!! my thanks.

24. villyjean says:

I know! It was so cute!

25. I am now going to form a rock group and call it “Pedantic Pants” :D

That song is stuck in my head now and that is OK because it is awesome. I would totally put that song on my ipod (or is it icephalopod HAHAHA ha? :D)

26. Wellll, not really, FB–in fact there are many who find the songs annoying (imagine!). Howevah, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE “Bun Bun Bunny Bun!” :mrgreen:

27. I, too, have pedantic pants & have just gotten them out of the closet! See this link http://grammarist.com/usage/octopi-octopuses/
    OK, pedantic pants, back into the closet.

28. *giggle*

29. I wish I had their problem solving capabilities!

30. All right, now I gotta get me a pair of pedantic pants…I rarely use them here, but in other places/times…! a-hem… how many colors do they come in anyway.
    signed,
    “Just_call_me_boring_and_be_done_with_it”

31. lisaLASSIE says:

*Sprays bergamot-scented Nightmares-B-Gone on Mamabear and hilz*

32. phred's mom says:

You can borrow my pair, Fird, size 14P,
    red (the power hue, of course), if you
    want. Any time, Firdie.

33. Well I have some floating gold pants, if anybody wants to borrow them.

34. Alice Shortcake says:

Just a minute, phred’s mom – am I to understand that you are in possession of a pair of my PATENTED pedantic pants? You’ll be hearing from my lawyer shortly.

Let that be a warning to anyone who has illegally copied my Cheeky Socks, Sarcastic Waistcoat and Passive Aggressive Pashmina!

35. emmberrann says:

Better than my orthopaedic slip.

36. since I’m presently too lazy to open up ‘nother screen (there are presently six of ‘em open, including CO and that’s a LOW quantity, the way I usually “roll” ….) ….que esta una Pashima? Maybe a Particularly Elegant Paisley Silk Scarf from India???

Signed,
    Gotta get the house right;
    visitors due soon …