This Week in Cute History

1958: In a frantic bid to reclaim the momentum in the space race from the Soviet Union, the United States enlists Mrs. Jingles to be the first cat in orbit.

It’s Stinky, from Justin F.

1. Methinks this cat is a girl!

2. Fair enough — I just renamed her MRS. Jingles. :)

3. Mike, I KNOW we’ve covered this before – calicos = girl cats! ;)

4. Wow Ceejoe…you just taught me something! I never knew about the calico girl connection!

5. Mary (the first) says:

Ah.. I was just doing an inspection of the cat’s .. “naughty bits” area.. wondering how anyone could tell in this photo it’s a girl. I totally forgot about the calico connection!

6. emmberrann says:

Please note privacy tailio appropriately restrained.

7. Methinks this cat is sedated!

9. I think you mean “Space Cat-det”.

10. Oh, touche`!

11. SlaveToCat says:

Someone wants to go for a drive to the fish market really bad.

12. Ground control to Major Jingles….

13. That one made me laugh so hard I woke up my cat.

14. For Sh@me, Decca!!!

JK ‘course …

15. The Original Jane says:

Okay, okay I got it, the red button is to be used ONLY for emergency ejection! And where is my oxygen and helmet? Can we get on with this or do you want Boris to beat us to space?

16. for Theresa’ s enjoyment:

17. Wait, did we miss the punchline?

18. Jane menshonned a Red Button and Theresa and I have oft volleyed the Red Zone and White Zone Argument from the film “Airplane” so I did a bit of “transference” ….. ;)

19. I meant the ‘adult’ argument. Wasn’t there a snide comment about the red zones? It’s been so long since I’ve seen this in entirety and most of it was over my head at the time.

Loved that guy sitting in the taxi for the entire movie.

20. THERESA!!! There’s a cat named Stinky!!!

21. I think we *might mean* that there’s ANOTHER cat named Stinky!!!

but I had the exact similar thought upon reading the “storyline”.
    Also? enjoyed the hoovertext :)

22. Aliens will be powerless against such cuteness.

23. Coffee Cup says:

I think it’s a plot to escape earth so she can return to her home planet.

24. Someone please remember to lower the top of the carseat in case it rains in space.

25. So….James T Kirk is not the only tomcat in the galaxy….. :)

26. 260Oakley says:

Catpernicus sets out to prove his theory that the Earth (and everything in it) revolves around him.

27. Shout out to Copernicus, oak!! Yeay!

28. “One small step for man . . . Four small steps for catkind . . .

29. AWW :lol: Why did you name your dear sweet kitty, Stinky, Justin F. :lol:

30. Justin F. says:

Hi, Thats my cat! so glad she finally made cute overload! She was a stray that we took in and, well, she was very stinky hence the name haha. Also when she uses the litter box she continues to live up to the name

31. That is such an awesome picture and such a mellow cat! Was that a one of a kind thing or does she roll that way often?

32. fleurdamour says:

33. My Sedan Chair has Seatbelts.