OMGPONIES!!!!1!1!1111!!!!!1!!! [Wearing Sweaters]

Cuteporter Susan L. first sent this one in. You’re not gonna believe it.

She writes, “Check out the video for some extreme close-up, ponies-in-knitwear action. Their names, apparently, are Fivla of Finnister and Millhouse Vitamin. You can’t make this stuff up.”

The Daily Mail says all this REDONK is to promote The Year Of Natural Scotland.

Then we got another email on these horsehs from Steph M. “These are my friend Frances Taylor’s Shetland ponies, Fivla (aka Whiffy) in the lovely red Fair Isle sweater and Vitamin in the tan. You should also check out Frances’ funny blog, which is full of adorable ponies (although usually not in sweaters). She is awesome and a fantastic photographer!!!”

article-2266196-171164D8000005DC-718_634x422

article-2266196-17116387000005DC-871_634x408
Photos by Rob McDougall.

Comments

1. Stick a fork in me; I am done. *thud*

2. Mary (the first) says:

What Rachael said. *crash*

3. Fird Birfle says:

I am now leaving. I’m gonna WALK to Scotland, if that’s whut Ah gotta do.

One note?? see if the proper scientifically correct term in the CO might not be
    “sweateuws” !!!???

*otherwise, I’m DUN Tooooooooooo*

*collapses in a dramatic, Sarah Bernhardt fashion, onstage, but onto the FLOOR becuz it’s MORE TRAGIQUE and compelling, than fainting safely onto a fainting
    cowsche*

4. ohmylord… what ridiculously patient ponehs… :)

5. LOL, lurve Shetland Ponies! I wish I could have one. I think I’m still small enough at 5’2″. (Not to argue with the Daily Mail but when they button down they’re cardies not jumpers).

6. how about onto a chaise longue?

7. Fird Birfle says:

what’s the drama factor in one of those? Also, don’t I need to consult with Mme Therese, on the proper use and such of those things? I seem to recall rather a kerfluffle ovuh “the spellingk” ;) but I think you used that which
    *ahem*
    is approved by Management ….

8. Fird Birfle says:

if I remember my pony days ….many pohehs are *ahem* about as patient as a hummingbird, so these guys must be saints among ponehs …..

9. phred's mom says:

“chaise longue” – Frawnsche
    for “long chair”. Facile, non?

10. phred's mom says:

My relatives in the Shetlands (now gone, alas) used to
    send us jumpers and cardigans and tams, etc. for
    Christmas when I was a wee bairn. Visited there
    when I was eleven, wonderful – ponies, and sheep,
    and collies, and seals, and sea birds, Just lovely.
    This looks just like the croft where we stayed with them.
    *sigh*

11. skippymom says:

*packing rucksack, preparing to walk to Scotland with Fird*
    *hunting for cat sitter’s phone number*

12. skippymom says:

My pony Bernie would have chewed my face off if I had tried to put a sweater on him.

13. I’m not even a horse person, but OMGPONIESINSWETTEWS!!!111!!!! WANT!!!!

14. I don’t think you have to be a horse person to swoon over this. I think just having a pulse is enough. :)

15. OK that’s IT! Stop the world, I want to get off!!!

This is entirelly too silly, even Monty Python wouldn’t have tought of putting cardiagans on ponnies.
    And I’m not going to ask why, but I sure would like to see HOW she does it :lol:

16. I didn’t know what they were so I had to look-up tams. Turns out they’re like Scottish woollen berret.

17. I think this could actually revive a recently deceased person.

18. In my limited experience, shetland ponies are evil little sods who are much craftier than their humans and are just waiting for the moment when they can maim or destroy you. Favorite Thelwell cartoon: pony trotting back to house over the fields with empty saddle and branches stuck in mane; woman with hands on hips says, “What have you done with her THIS time?”

But maybe Shetland shetland ponies are more benign. These two have let whole minutes go by without rolling in mud or tearing their sweaters to shreds.

19. It shows in the video, once you get home. :(

20. Ah, rhea3, you’re saying that only because you have “limited experience.”

If you had extensive experience, you would realize that, actually, Shetland ponies are evil little sods who are much craftier than their humans and are just waiting for the moment when they can maim or destroy you.

21. These ponies are so adorable!! And their sweaters are awesome :) I want to go to Scotland!!

22. My Bernie was a Shetland and he was a wicked, wicked animal. Didn’t like anybody and didn’t approve of anything. Every time I cleaned the stalls, as soon as I finished his he would come racing in to the barn from the far end of the field to take a nice big dump in the middle of the clean shavings. Every time.

23. I would walk (500 miles) to Scotland to see these ponies!

24. YOWCH. you have my sincere sympathies, sk’mom!!!

25. zso one wud THINK.

However (altho I wuzznt prezzent fur tha whol thing) Ah b’leave that thu commentroversy involved the possible/ alleged MISUSE of the spelling loUNge which very strongly RESEMBLES the word longue but which generally correctly means a small side room rather than a piece of furniture ….

26. lahk thees??? :)

27. They are going to need alot of Woolite when they are done romping around :)!

28. 8-O

And just think. These opinions of Shetland ponnees’ motives, characters and
    souls are written by PEOPLE WHO LUV ANIMALS!!!!

29. I suppose that would be more annoying than my cats taking a dump in the clean litter box. Every. Time.

30. Finally…a great and also appropriate sound track. Been waiting years for that!

31. Well, yes, since the damn pony could just have pooped right in the field where he was.

32. and it’s probably a lot bigger poop.

33. Bigger, yes, but I mush say pony poo smells nicer than cat poo.

34. Ah, that would be “must”. I swear I haven’t had any martinis this afternoon.

35. You know the ponies are thinking “Oh geez, did they have to be granny sweaters?!?!”

36. Thanks I’ll check it out for sure!

P.S. the first photo is now my wallpaper at work

37. My pony once ran, crazy eyed and mouth open wide, after a friend of mine who had dared to enter his corral to pet him. The poor girl ran 3 times aroud the corral in blind panic before she tought to jump over the fence.

38. And they are mine, all mine! Yup, these are my ponies. Very proud of them both. They were stars.

39. Theo, this is why I keep squawking about a knitted tag. Seriously, as if penguin sweaters weren’t redonk!

40. http://shetlandponyeverything.posterous.com/

You can read all about our adventures, here!

41. In fact, Fird, it appears that most of the people posting in this thread–including myself–are not only animal lovers but those who have actually LIVED WITH Shetland ponies.

To be fair to Babe–whom I adored–while she was conniving, sneaky, lazy, and waaaaay too smart for her (our) own good, she was not MEAN. She never wanted to hurt anyone, just mess with them. For example, she used to chase the dog out of her pasture. She’d trot right after him ‘trying’ to bite him–but actually chomp the air just an inch above his back. She’d rear up like she was going to stomp him, then pull in her hooves as she came down so she’d just miss him. If she had really wanted to hurt him she could have done so easily. This was her idea of fun. (The dog was not amused.)

She left us with a WEALTH of funny stories. When I left for college, my dad gave her to a friend who had kids, and 30+ years later my dad still says he wishes he’d kept her around just for the fun of it.

42. And I think this is what happens to the human brain after living in a cold climate for too long. Cardies on ponies?! Whatever next?

43. Thanks for a good chuckle over “brain fartery.” You sound like a wonderful person and obviously know your animals well. :)

44. We always said Babe should have been a circus pony. Why, we didn’t even try to train her, yet she learned LOTS of tricks: how to open the barn door, how to open the gate, how to turn on the water faucet, how to throw you off her back (with minimal effort–none of that exhausting bucking for her), how to unzip my dad’s coat to get at the carrots he’d stashed inside, how to painlessly test the electric fence with her whiskers so she’d know if it was off and she could go crashing through it . . . .

45. Take the cat! Take the cat! I’m sure he would enjoy a great giggle at the ponies’ expense. The thing I’ve learned about cats is the more they poke fun at another species, the more likely they are to own us..and it’s always important to be owned by your cat.

46. skippymom says:

But I have FOUR of them!!! I don’t think they will all fit in my rucksack!

47. ThirdShift says:

LOLWUT? What kind of name is Whiffy Chicken of Lerve for a pony? For that matter, Vitamin? Did she just whip out a needle and thread to stitch him into his sweater?

48. Third! Howthaheckareya?

no, seriously, you holdin up okay?

49. The black one head on looks like he is emo/goth. Vitamin, the emo pony.

50. ThirdShift says:

Hiya, I’m ok. I miss my little guy. How’s Ms Schnozz? You should search for “singing galgo” on Youtube and checkout the yodeling with that sweetheart. That video makes me laugh.

51. I think they’ve been drugged…look how docile and munch-able!! YUM!

52. KNITTING RABIES!!!
    PONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

53. princess guinea and ariel says:

do you luv poneez cause in the cute overload glossary it says ” OMG PONEEZ!!”

54. Exactly!

55. Armaggedon!

56. Oh, Fird, you are the absolute best. Not only are you a Muppet fan, you know who the Proclaimers are. Bless every atom of every molecule of your wonderful self!

57. warrior rabbit says:

Uh… kerfuffle. Unless you were adapting it to CO-speak, in which case kerfluffle makes perfect sense. ;)

58. *blushes becomingly & curtseys*

‘S;’only b/cuz once ‘pon a time I wuz roommmates (5 yrs) with a gal who wuz born/ raised in a ghetto-ish corner of Dublin Ireland (no kidding) but we knew each other in Tampa Fla. When her da’ passed away in about the mid-1990s, she asked me to accompany her there and I attended his funeral mass (not a full mass, but in an old OLD Dublin Catholic church. Cobblestoned floor INSIDE and ye’re after keepin
    ‘ yer dang wool coat on during the service.

Prior to that, the film The Committments (sp probably wrong there) came out and we watched that. If ye haven’t seen it GET IT NOW. The cover songs are 300 % excellent AND the coolest thing is that all the characters are fascinating and they are played/ sung by NON prof. actors/ actresses/ actual Irish residents who weren’t hollywood actors !!!

Also also I have a Thang fer Mr. Craigy Ferguson don’tchaknow. When he gets bored with the current Mrs, I’m ready!!!

anyhow Thx :)

59. Don’t you mean Cardigedon?

60. Bunnies in sweaters, squirrels in sweaters, ponies in sweaters, dogs in sweaters, cats even, but I don’t know how! :lol: Theo’s scared of knitting rabies! (reaches for a convenient pair of knitting needles and some truly garish yarn! ;-) )