Curious! Smiling! Mountain Goats!

Don’t get too many Mountain Goat submissions- but when we do, they’re fantastic! Get an eyeful of these guys! (Girls? Who knows?)

Photos by Nicko Margolies. More on this story over at Nicko’s Big Picture. Submitted by Sara B.

1. Instead of Billy Goats Gruff, these are Billy Goats Smiling. I bet they wouldn’t butt a troll.

2. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Indeed! They don’t look gruff at all! All smiling & pleasant.

3. SlaveToCat says:

High on a hill
    Was a lonely goatherd
    Favorite song from the Sound of Music. And now I can’t get it out of my head and It’s bed time. Must find a cat to distract me and purr me to sleep.

4. I love that so many cute peeps love The Sound of Music as much as me! Not only have the smiley goats made me happy on their own, but they’ve warmed my heart as well for the reference connection they have made! :-D

5. Oh what a lovely reference S to C!! My favorite as well.

6. I LOVE that musical and song!
    These goats are fabulous! Of course a glass of red wine usually makes everything more fabulous (it’s for my cholesterol don’t cha know. My Dr unofficially said it would help) :-)
    I have a feeling these goats will make me just as happy in the morning.
    Wanders off humming, “one little girl in a pale pink coat…”

7. except I sing,
    “lady-o-de-lady-o-de-lay-he-hoo” :-)

8. Mary (the first) says:

Me too… “Oh, de laaaaayyy ddeeeee, oh de laaayyy ddeee hheeee heee!”

9. Little old lady who?

10. YAY

11. Baroness Von Shraeder disapproves.

12. Catwhisperer says:

In my family we always hiss when she comes on screen.

13. y’all are LOYAL as HECK !!!

14. The Original Jane says:

What a cool thing I bet those hikers weren’t expecting. So friendly! (and clean!)

15. Hear, hear! Lovely, clean, happy goats!

16. Who knew mountain goats are so cute and smiley? Almost tempts me enough to go hiking.

17. Their hair looks so perfectly groomed!! Maybe there are secret salons at the tops of those mountains.

18. Exactly. So clean and white and fluffy!

19. I think Monty Python has the answer:

20. YAY how prescient M. Python were
    (and some of ’em are still around, so also they “are” still prescient!!)

21. Careful with those mountain goats—they can be aggressive. And they have good lawyers…

22. Martha in Washington says:

I was starting to worry the closer the goats got to the photographer! But hey! The goats were there first so I say “Go to it Goats!”

23. This is what I was thinking! I’m from the area and I remember this news story. If I was hiking and encountered mountain goats, even as cute as these are, I would run straight up a tree until they went away!

24. villyjean says:

They look so curious and squee! I wonder, do they have to sing everything they say?

25. The pants!

26. Yes, it looks like they’re wearing knickers that stop just below the knees! :)

27. It looks like a couple marshmallows exploded.

28. SlaveToCat says:

Who called the Ghost Busters?

29. Martha in Washington says:

We definitely need MORE GOATS!

30. Kin Ah Git uh AY-MEN????

31. Amen!

32. They look as though they’ve been drawn by Tove Jansson.

33. My thoughts exactly. Their heads are shaped just like Hemulen’s head. :D

34. outside of the obvy, which is that Tove Jansson and Hemulen must surely be something science fiction-ish (or possibly just norwegian/ scandinavian)???

who and or what are Tove Jansson or Hemulen??

35. luvstehQte says:

a swedish children’s author/illustrator who writes/draws cute, charming animal stories

36. Those are not goats, can´t anybody see that? They´re polar bears in fancy dress!

37. also they did a nice job of posing under fluffy white clouds which enhances the whole Poofy white theme …

38. I broke free on a Saturday morning, I put the pedal to the flo-
    Oh wait, wrong Mountain Goats. My bad.

39. looks like that one dude is wearing fluffy gaucho pantalones :)

40. Their smiles are so sweet and inviting.

BOOP! And BOOP! :)

41. The TOCKS, people, the TOCKS!!!

42. (stifles one-liner “what about the TICKS??”)

43. GOAT ‘TOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Encore presentayshe for tocktober!

45. If I were to hazard a guess, I’d say that was little Billy and his mom, Wilma.

46. I bet you’ve all been waiting for this!

47. to quote Marnie….

48. Smilingks!

49. Killer Klown says:

I don’t know, something about their expressions makes me want to caption in a ‘You betcha!’ or three.