Cough Due to Cold?

Let me get you a tissue.

Get plenty of rest. May I recommend sleeping underneath something? The pressure is quite nice for a congested face.

Corndogs are a cure-all. They certainly make me feel better.

And by popular demand, we bring you TOOF-HANCE™

Penelope Pickles is a little helper! Melissa D. S. says, “Her favorite things are corndogs and naps. You can’t leave your plate idle with her around.” You can follow Penelope on the Facebooks.

Comments

1. Oh crap the little fangs in the last picture!
    I have never had a corndog, but right now I desperately want one.

2. Katherine G. says:

Look at that cute toothy smile! So excited for corndog!

3. Penelope Pickles! Penelope Pickles, people!!

4. Mary (the first) says:

I didn’t think she could be any cuter than the concerned look in the first photo, but those little fangs slay me! Every time I see a cute hedgie here, I begin to want one. Adorabuhls!!

5. Well, there’s one hovertext I won’t be using to start conversations. 8O

6. I, too, have never had a corndog, and now I don’t even want to think about it!
    I will, however, take the hedgie please and thank-you.

7. hedgie and I are actually eating the same lunch, and that one made me pause a little…

8. Is it just me or does that last pic make anybody else think ” vampire hedgie “?

9. Yes, thus the hover text…

10. joools in PDX says:

Hedgies gots fangs?!?

11. I’m using a tablet so it won’t let me read hover text.

12. Like baby got BACK!!!

13. Just hover your finger over it. ;)

14. I’ve never had a corndog either but now I’m craving both a corndog and a hedgie. Do they make good pets? Hedgies, I mean, not corndogs. :)

15. Haha! It says: I says I vant to suck your corndog. :)

16. Both will stick to your ribs.

17. Baby Fang :)

18. Emmberrann says:

Hey, Teho! Howya doin’? Gladdaseeya, man!

19. never had a corndog?! they’re delicious! I had one for lunch just like Miss Pickles here

20. Emmberrann says:

Unfortunately, a corndog will not come when you call it, or play fetch, but neither will a cat. However, a corndog will tend to get moldy, whereas a cat, or a hedgepig will not.

21. How do all you people get through life never having eaten a corndog?!

22. Kari Callin says:

The fangs only come out when their prey is near! ;)

23. You can have mine. Eww!

24. And the name of this Hedgehogian cold-reliever? NyQuill, of course.

25. I think they’re an American “breed”.

26. AAAAAAAAAAAH!

27. I’M IN!!! THAT’S MY PICKLE!!!!

PLEASE JOIN US ON https://www.facebook.com/pages/Penelope-Pickles/102583083404

28. OK, I’m going to Trader Joe’s tomorrow. If they have frozen corndogs I will buy some, so I don’t have to feel so left out.

29. Hedgies make very good pets if you’re into low maintenance things. Penny is like living with an old Greek man. Short and adorabuhlz, but grumpy and sleeps 18 hrs a day.

30. I used to love corndogs when I was a child but I had one for old time sake a few years back and let me just say I will not be repeting the experience.

As for the little fangs, I always loved hedgies but since I know they have tiny fangs I love them even more! They’re like tiny prickly vamps!

31. Love me some Pickles! Her human mama Melissa writes the most amazing mini-stories for her, as captioned photos. They are certain to brighten the darkest day. check her out on Facebook, gang!

32. Favorite pickled hedgie ever!

33. JAWN!

34. Penelope Pickles, you are such a delight! Next time I have a cold, will you come take care of me? I don’t have any corndogs to offer, sadly, but I happen to have some excellent cheeses that you might enjoy.

35. I love seeing this little girl! If you follow her on facebook you will not be bored at all. She is just too cute!

36. [snkr]

37. Believe me, it hasn’t been easy. :)

38. Best. Name. EVER.

39. OMG, smoosh face and hegie fangs in the same post!

40. And she is an adorable Pickle. :)

41. Just make sure you bake them, or use a toaster oven so the crust is nice and crunchy. A frozen corn dog is already mediocre at best, microwaving will only make it worse.

42. You may be better off skippy….don’t go over to the dark side!!!! :) Tracylee…was the corndog to subside your need for nomming earsies? ;)

43. So, do they have cages, or are they free roaming? Where do they go potty? Do you have to bathe them? Why am I asking all these questions? No! No more animals in my house!!!

44. hahaha probably
    it was offered as a side dish to a burger, didn’t feel like fries so I threw all caution to the wind and ordered it.
    was delish.

45. Lewis n' Clark says:

corn dogs = county fair food. Eat at your own risk

46. Mmm, meat with a side of meat.

47. Yeah, I can only imagine how nasty that would be.

48. Skippymom, are you, by any chance, related to my husband? Whenever we go to a buffet, he always gets more meat to go with his dessert.

49. Finally! someone mentions smushface!

50. There are a MILLION more adorable pictures of Pen Pen on her Facebook page! Everyone should go like it, I adore seeing her in my news feed every day!

51. :O :-!

52. skippymom says:

Well, actually I was saying that sarcastically, wink wink.

A couple of years ago I got a sandwich at Panera, and one of the sides they offered was a hunk of baguette. I thought, “Hey, a sandwich on bread with a side of bread! What a great country we live in!”

So, kind of along the same lines….

53. loribelle says:

But of course!

54. Corn dogs look to be related to our Australian “battered sav” which is a saveloy/hot dog dipped in batter and deep fried. Best consumed in adolescence.

55. My thoughts exactly!

56. SlaveToCat says:

You gotta go to a county fair to get the real corn dog experience.

57. The Original Jane says:

Or a Dairy Queen. Or best of all, the hand dipped corn dogs at the Little Red Cart at Disneyland! Please, people – do NOT heat up a store bought one and think that’s what they are like. That’s not a true representation. Oh, and only French’s mustard on it!

58. You can have a free-roaming one, just know their habits and hiding spots. She is litter trained so she has a litterbox. Ask away! I like questions.

59. Thank you!

60. want toof-hance on last pic

61. IF AT ALL possible, only have an all-beef (sorry cows & people from the area around New Delhi :( ) corn dog. Otherwise you get into the Zone of
    “One Never Knows, Does One?” …… 8-O

62. due to which line of logique, one arrives at the following:

63. hence, my caution above, timed 2:52 pm ;)

64. fleurdamour says:

Count Hedgeula

65. <——Lives in the UK now. Misses the fried-cheese-on-a-stick that corn dog places back home used to do (which you always had to wait for because they made them to order).

66. fleurdamour says:

Quills and fangs – hedges are spikier than we even suspected.

67. My choice would be Pinelope

68. warrior rabbit says:

Actually, my cat fetches. She quacks when she does it, too. She’s confused.

69. warrior rabbit says:

Yes, definitely better in one’s salad days… and at baseball games.

70. lisaLASSIE says:

ceejoe I don’t want to be a bad influence or anything, but there are hedgehog rescue groups So if you wanted a hedgehog but dint want to buy one…..

71. lisaLASSIE says:

I truly think it’s more a southern “dish”.

72. 8-O

73. OH peeps — from the Almost Outrageux Frawnsche Division….once ‘pon a time, I had a doll with a frilly pink ballet tutu ‘pon it. I wanted to name her something like the Frawnsche word for “sequins”. What I found was the word “epingle”. AND this is one of those words which les francais Outrageux pronounce VERY twisted-ly.

Ay [like the Fonz]- pan-gl.

“Epingle” either means “sequin” or “pin” [ as in sewing pin] ; this could be useful regarding Hedgies, names and quill-type thingamajiggs. The End. or le fin.

74. The pickles in my fridge are not nearly so cute.

75. omg…The leetle fangs!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…*thud* (Someone send that hedgie to revive me!)

76. I can remember having them for school lunch a couple times (back in the dark ages).

77. :lol:

78. Second!!

79. fleurdamour says:

This here is an example of “Eeee!Fangles!”

Do your epingles jangle when they dangle at an angle while you wrangle when they tangle in the mangle?

– Fleurdamour est Franwnsche aussi

80. Let this hedgie put on the Dracula drape, then it will be picture perfect!

Hedgula!!! Suck the corndog dry!

81. 4leafclover says:

82. fleurdamour says:

-Et Ang-lay, apparently.

83. Joy Raskin says:

I know Penny pretty well – she’s got that famous snaggle tooth grin. Every day, I’m treated to a new Penny adventure. Keep on checking out her Facebook fan page.

84. I can’t remember which (Morningstar?) but one of the veggie companies makes a faux-corndog that’s actually quite good. All of the corndog taste, none of the mystery meat!

85. I’ve managed never having a corn dog by dint of seriously avoiding them. (Hot dogs are a migraine trigger for me. Not to mention I’ve never been that fond of them.)

86. *and the crowd goes WILD!!!!*

87. Mary (the first) says:

My cats all came when called and would sometimes fetch. Not as reliably, though.

88. My cat does both of those things. In fact, she is so obsessive about fetch that at bedtime I have to hide all of her toys and make sure there aren’t any receipts/random pieces of paper hanging around. If I don’t, she will either sneak into my room and drop her toy on my face, demanding fetch, or she will wander around the house, toy in her mouth, yowling at the top of her lungs because no one is playing fetch with her.

89. emmberrann says:

And she is a dilly!

90. I am scrolling down to see if anybody else is on the fainting couch, clutching their pearls at the hovertext..
    By the way, what IS a corndog?

91. Check it out!!

92. [sticking fingers in ears] lalalala… :)

93. Scuse me Fird. Stupid question -how do ya’ make that surprise face?

94. I’ve never had a corndog, and have no desire to try one.

95. Hedgie FANGS!!!!

96. fleurdamour says:

Processed meat product on a stick dipped in carbs then deep-fried – yep, definitely American.

97. I have the same question as Iva.

98. It’s a capital O and the number 8, no space between. O8

99. lol… or not. Maybe it’s the other way around. 8O

100. there ya go… number 8 and capital O

101. I think you guys will enjoy this feature trailer.

102. Catwhisperer says:

It’s a hot dog on a stick, dipped in batter and then deep fried. Traditional county fair fare. Can be either delish or disgusting, depending on quality of meat.

103. My sweet Penny! I am so proud of the both of you! You are my Shining Stars <3

104. thanks ceejoe I wasn’t on the premises for awhile!! Wasn’t ignoring the messages; I wasn’t online at all today earlier….

105. *slaps forehead* 8O

106. LOL Thank you!

107. YAY ness :)

108. most excellent epingle dangly rhyme-y stuffs !!!

I haven’t been online much for a coupla days; wasn’t ignoring your reply; didn’t see it b4 now sorry :)

109. Say ‘mischeesevous,’ Penelope!

110. roflmao! Too true. :)

111. hedgehogs ‘n racks? Yeeeouch!

112. oh my word. well you just can’t go wrong if your favorite things are corndogs and naps. i would agree. THE TEETH ARE TOO MUCH!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!