Cough Due to Cold?

Let me get you a tissue.

Get plenty of rest. May I recommend sleeping underneath something? The pressure is quite nice for a congested face.

Corndogs are a cure-all. They certainly make me feel better.

And by popular demand, we bring you TOOF-HANCE™

Penelope Pickles is a little helper! Melissa D. S. says, “Her favorite things are corndogs and naps. You can’t leave your plate idle with her around.” You can follow Penelope on the Facebooks.

1. Oh crap the little fangs in the last picture!
    I have never had a corndog, but right now I desperately want one.

2. I used to love corndogs when I was a child but I had one for old time sake a few years back and let me just say I will not be repeting the experience.

As for the little fangs, I always loved hedgies but since I know they have tiny fangs I love them even more! They’re like tiny prickly vamps!

3. omg…The leetle fangs!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…*thud* (Someone send that hedgie to revive me!)

4. You may be better off skippy….don’t go over to the dark side!!!! :) Tracylee…was the corndog to subside your need for nomming earsies? ;)

5. hahaha probably
    it was offered as a side dish to a burger, didn’t feel like fries so I threw all caution to the wind and ordered it.
    was delish.

6. Mmm, meat with a side of meat.

7. Skippymom, are you, by any chance, related to my husband? Whenever we go to a buffet, he always gets more meat to go with his dessert.

8. skippymom says:

Well, actually I was saying that sarcastically, wink wink.

A couple of years ago I got a sandwich at Panera, and one of the sides they offered was a hunk of baguette. I thought, “Hey, a sandwich on bread with a side of bread! What a great country we live in!”

So, kind of along the same lines….

9. You can have mine. Eww!

10. never had a corndog?! they’re delicious! I had one for lunch just like Miss Pickles here

11. fleurdamour says:

Count Hedgeula

12. Katherine G. says:

Look at that cute toothy smile! So excited for corndog!

13. Penelope Pickles! Penelope Pickles, people!!

14. Best. Name. EVER.

15. My thoughts exactly!

16. My choice would be Pinelope

17. LOL Thank you!

18. Mary (the first) says:

I didn’t think she could be any cuter than the concerned look in the first photo, but those little fangs slay me! Every time I see a cute hedgie here, I begin to want one. Adorabuhls!!

19. Well, there’s one hovertext I won’t be using to start conversations. 8O

20. I am scrolling down to see if anybody else is on the fainting couch, clutching their pearls at the hovertext..
    By the way, what IS a corndog?

21. Catwhisperer says:

It’s a hot dog on a stick, dipped in batter and then deep fried. Traditional county fair fare. Can be either delish or disgusting, depending on quality of meat.

22. I, too, have never had a corndog, and now I don’t even want to think about it!
    I will, however, take the hedgie please and thank-you.

23. I can’t remember which (Morningstar?) but one of the veggie companies makes a faux-corndog that’s actually quite good. All of the corndog taste, none of the mystery meat!

24. hedgie and I are actually eating the same lunch, and that one made me pause a little…

25. Is it just me or does that last pic make anybody else think ” vampire hedgie “?

26. Yes, thus the hover text…

27. I’m using a tablet so it won’t let me read hover text.

28. Just hover your finger over it. ;)

29. Haha! It says: I says I vant to suck your corndog. :)

30. :O :-!

31. joools in PDX says:

Hedgies gots fangs?!?

32. Like baby got BACK!!!

33. Emmberrann says:

Hey, Teho! Howya doin’? Gladdaseeya, man!

34. I’ve never had a corndog either but now I’m craving both a corndog and a hedgie. Do they make good pets? Hedgies, I mean, not corndogs. :)

35. Hedgies make very good pets if you’re into low maintenance things. Penny is like living with an old Greek man. Short and adorabuhlz, but grumpy and sleeps 18 hrs a day.

36. So, do they have cages, or are they free roaming? Where do they go potty? Do you have to bathe them? Why am I asking all these questions? No! No more animals in my house!!!

37. You can have a free-roaming one, just know their habits and hiding spots. She is litter trained so she has a litterbox. Ask away! I like questions.

38. lisaLASSIE says:

ceejoe I don’t want to be a bad influence or anything, but there are hedgehog rescue groups So if you wanted a hedgehog but dint want to buy one…..

39. [sticking fingers in ears] lalalala… :)

40. Emmberrann says:

Unfortunately, a corndog will not come when you call it, or play fetch, but neither will a cat. However, a corndog will tend to get moldy, whereas a cat, or a hedgepig will not.

41. Mary (the first) says:

My cats all came when called and would sometimes fetch. Not as reliably, though.

42. My cat does both of those things. In fact, she is so obsessive about fetch that at bedtime I have to hide all of her toys and make sure there aren’t any receipts/random pieces of paper hanging around. If I don’t, she will either sneak into my room and drop her toy on my face, demanding fetch, or she will wander around the house, toy in her mouth, yowling at the top of her lungs because no one is playing fetch with her.

43. warrior rabbit says:

Actually, my cat fetches. She quacks when she does it, too. She’s confused.

44. 8-O

45. Scuse me Fird. Stupid question -how do ya’ make that surprise face?

46. there ya go… number 8 and capital O

47. lol… or not. Maybe it’s the other way around. 8O

48. It’s a capital O and the number 8, no space between. O8

49. I have the same question as Iva.

50. thanks ceejoe I wasn’t on the premises for awhile!! Wasn’t ignoring the messages; I wasn’t online at all today earlier….

51. Both will stick to your ribs.

52. [snkr]

53. Baby Fang :)

54. How do all you people get through life never having eaten a corndog?!

55. Believe me, it hasn’t been easy. :)

56. due to which line of logique, one arrives at the following:

57. I’ve managed never having a corn dog by dint of seriously avoiding them. (Hot dogs are a migraine trigger for me. Not to mention I’ve never been that fond of them.)

58. OK, I’m going to Trader Joe’s tomorrow. If they have frozen corndogs I will buy some, so I don’t have to feel so left out.

59. Just make sure you bake them, or use a toaster oven so the crust is nice and crunchy. A frozen corn dog is already mediocre at best, microwaving will only make it worse.

60. Yeah, I can only imagine how nasty that would be.

61. SlaveToCat says:

You gotta go to a county fair to get the real corn dog experience.

62. The Original Jane says:

Or a Dairy Queen. Or best of all, the hand dipped corn dogs at the Little Red Cart at Disneyland! Please, people – do NOT heat up a store bought one and think that’s what they are like. That’s not a true representation. Oh, and only French’s mustard on it!

63. IF AT ALL possible, only have an all-beef (sorry cows & people from the area around New Delhi :( ) corn dog. Otherwise you get into the Zone of
    “One Never Knows, Does One?” …… 8-O

64. I can remember having them for school lunch a couple times (back in the dark ages).

65. I think they’re an American “breed”.

66. fleurdamour says:

Processed meat product on a stick dipped in carbs then deep-fried – yep, definitely American.

67. roflmao! Too true. :)

68. I’ve never had a corndog, and have no desire to try one.

69. lisaLASSIE says:

I truly think it’s more a southern “dish”.

70. Kari Callin says:

The fangs only come out when their prey is near! ;)

71. And the name of this Hedgehogian cold-reliever? NyQuill, of course.

72. *and the crowd goes WILD!!!!*

73. :lol:

75. 4leafclover says:

76. loribelle says:

But of course!

77. *slaps forehead* 8O

78. I’M IN!!! THAT’S MY PICKLE!!!!

79. And she is an adorable Pickle. :)

80. Thank you!

81. emmberrann says:

And she is a dilly!

82. The pickles in my fridge are not nearly so cute.

83. Love me some Pickles! Her human mama Melissa writes the most amazing mini-stories for her, as captioned photos. They are certain to brighten the darkest day. check her out on Facebook, gang!

84. Favorite pickled hedgie ever!

85. JAWN!

86. Penelope Pickles, you are such a delight! Next time I have a cold, will you come take care of me? I don’t have any corndogs to offer, sadly, but I happen to have some excellent cheeses that you might enjoy.

87. I love seeing this little girl! If you follow her on facebook you will not be bored at all. She is just too cute!

88. OMG, smoosh face and hegie fangs in the same post!

89. Finally! someone mentions smushface!

90. Lewis n' Clark says:

corn dogs = county fair food. Eat at your own risk

91. hence, my caution above, timed 2:52 pm ;)

92. There are a MILLION more adorable pictures of Pen Pen on her Facebook page! Everyone should go like it, I adore seeing her in my news feed every day!

93. Corn dogs look to be related to our Australian “battered sav” which is a saveloy/hot dog dipped in batter and deep fried. Best consumed in adolescence.

94. warrior rabbit says:

Yes, definitely better in one’s salad days… and at baseball games.

95. want toof-hance on last pic

96. Second!!

97. Check it out!!

98. Say ‘mischeesevous,’ Penelope!

99. <——Lives in the UK now. Misses the fried-cheese-on-a-stick that corn dog places back home used to do (which you always had to wait for because they made them to order).

100. fleurdamour says:

Quills and fangs – hedges are spikier than we even suspected.

101. OH peeps — from the Almost Outrageux Frawnsche Division….once ‘pon a time, I had a doll with a frilly pink ballet tutu ‘pon it. I wanted to name her something like the Frawnsche word for “sequins”. What I found was the word “epingle”. AND this is one of those words which les francais Outrageux pronounce VERY twisted-ly.

Ay [like the Fonz]- pan-gl.

“Epingle” either means “sequin” or “pin” [ as in sewing pin] ; this could be useful regarding Hedgies, names and quill-type thingamajiggs. The End. or le fin.

102. fleurdamour says:

This here is an example of “Eeee!Fangles!”

Do your epingles jangle when they dangle at an angle while you wrangle when they tangle in the mangle?

– Fleurdamour est Franwnsche aussi

103. fleurdamour says:

-Et Ang-lay, apparently.

104. YAY ness :)

105. most excellent epingle dangly rhyme-y stuffs !!!

I haven’t been online much for a coupla days; wasn’t ignoring your reply; didn’t see it b4 now sorry :)

106. Let this hedgie put on the Dracula drape, then it will be picture perfect!

Hedgula!!! Suck the corndog dry!

107. Joy Raskin says:

I know Penny pretty well – she’s got that famous snaggle tooth grin. Every day, I’m treated to a new Penny adventure. Keep on checking out her Facebook fan page.

108. Hedgie FANGS!!!!

109. I think you guys will enjoy this feature trailer.

110. hedgehogs ‘n racks? Yeeeouch!

111. My sweet Penny! I am so proud of the both of you! You are my Shining Stars <3

112. oh my word. well you just can’t go wrong if your favorite things are corndogs and naps. i would agree. THE TEETH ARE TOO MUCH!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!