Blah Blah Blah Headline Blah Blah Blah

To my human:

I’m wearing this to remind you that whether you are yelling at me for digging in the petunia garden, or tipping over the trash can, or maxing out your credit cards at ChewToys-R-Us.com, it’s all the same noise to me.

Love, Ginger

Via Ray Sawhill.

Comments

1. 260Oakley says:

I knew it was only a matter of time before dogs got their own blahgs.

2. bob drummond says:

don’t you mean BLOGS ??

3. SlaveToCat says:

Put the cell phone away and throw the ball, or I’m going to chew your charger cord.

4. Reminds me of an old Far Side comic (although I guess *all* the Far Side comics are old now, aren’t they?). A guy is yelling at his dog and it shows that all the dog hears is “Blah blah blah blah Rex blah blah Rex blah blah blah Rex blah!”

5. Ding! We have a WINNAH!

My all-time favorite “Far Side” cartoon.

6. Truly a classic! But it’s even better when it’s paired with the ‘what we say to cats/what they hear’ cartoon. (Hint, hint, NOMTOM.)

7. Catwhisperer says:

Maybe he can’t hear because Tracy Lee nommed his ear off.

8. *snerk*
    was actually going to comment that it’s a good thing I ate breakfast already, as there are no ears to nibble on

9. As requested by Judy B.:

10. y’all, Miss Schnozz found a Hello Kitty plush toy on our walk yesterday!

she was sooo excited, took it to someone’s yard and played with it for awhile, then carried it on our walk, halfway back to the house. after awhile, she carefully set it down and looked up at me like “can you hold this for me?” so, naturally, I did..

when we got to the house she started running up and down the hall with it :)

11. Between this sweet Miss Schnozz story and the Gary Larson cartoons, this thread is keeling me with awwws and giggles. :)

12. Very true.

13. ‘Nuf said.

14. I need to find a couple of those for my cats as a reminder to my husband that the cats actually do not understand him when he says to them: “I’ve told you before, Daddy doesn’t want you to climb on the half wall. you could fall and hurt yourself. How many times do I have to say it”

Got to love the old softy.

15. skippymom says:

Yeah, the cat one was great too, but I can’t remember how it went.

16. skippymom says:

Oh, right! Thanks, NOMTOM.

17. skippymom says:

Hey, guys,I didn’t have a chance to get here, but yesterday was The Skipster’s sixteenth birthday! He is doing great, and he consumed large quantities of Fancy Feast yesterday while I sang to him.

18. “blah blah blah Socks blah blah…” ;)

19. tracylee — it’s so heartwarming, to know that your life serves a purpose, outside of opening the cans and bags of kibble !!! Miss Schnozz has trained you well.

YAY Miss Schnozz; you have most excellent taste in toys (and in Humans, too, btw), ma’am!!!

20. Happy Birthday to Skip!!
    Happy Birthday to Skip!!!

Happy Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirthday deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear Skippy!!!
    Happy Birthday to Yooooooooooooooooooooou [and menny
    moooooooooooooooooooore!!!]

*tosses a wheelbarrow-load of confetti in the air*

21. Happy Birfday to you,
    You belong in a zoo,
    Happy Birfday dear Skipster,
    Happy Birfday to you!!!

22. skippymom says:

“a zoo”? Well, I never….
    hahahaha

23. Ha, I had the exact same reaction.

24. and sweet sixteen, nonetheless!

did Jake Ryan drive to the house to pick him up in a red Porsche?

25. Jackie Rose says:

260Oakley was making a joke, a play on the word Blah emblazoned on the dapper little doggie’s scarf. 260Oakley is famous and admired for clever puns and plays on words.

26. skippymom says:

He came by, and I thanked him but wouldn’t let Skippy go with him.

27. YaaaaaaaY Skippy!!! Glad all of our warm get well fuzzehs have been working for him!

28. fish eye no miko says:

I’m pretty sure the headline is a reference to it, hence using the name “Ginger”… (-:

29. As if a fine, upstanding dog like Ginger would do any of those things!

30. Go Skippy!

31. Blue Footed Booby says:

Alternatively:

32. skippymom says:

He is up to twelve pounds, which is great! I haven’t been giving him the horrible medicine, but he is on a special food that he loves. The doctor would no doubt disapprove, but he is happy and healthy, so I’m good with that.

33. Amen to that. Quality of life is what counts!

34. baileysgrandmom says:

Huh uh! The cat one went “… … … …” ’cause cats don’t hear NUTHIN’ unless they jolly well want to!

35. baileysgrandmom says:

Oops! Didn’t scroll down far enough before making my comment. [slinks away, head hanging in morbid embarrassment...]

36. Doctors don’t always know best, as long as he’s healty and happy that’s what counts. Happy 16th birthday Skippy! And keep on keeping on!

37. Awwww, thanks, NOMTOM! You’re the best!

38. joools in PDX says:

ntmtom, did you just get that off your fridge??

39. Emmberrann says:

Sk’m: I’m a fan of Skippy’s, lovely to know he’s doing so well after all his troubles! And like the poster says, “Keep Calm & Carry On.” Best wishes to you both!

40. lisaLASSIE says:

It’s not your fault! Baileysgrandmom, come back. There is something subliminally embedded in CO that FORCES you to gush out comments immediately if not sooner. (I will not say if I am so understanding because I have done this before myself. I admit to nothing.) CO itself made you do it.

41. I found both cartoons using Google, specifically the image search. They had already been posted to other web pages.

42. lisaLASSIE says:

and what about Tracylee’s mission to keep anipal ears from growing overly long? Why without Tracy’s nomming help they’d be trippin’ on long ears!

43. lisaLASSIE says:

Happy birthday to sweet Skippy and many more!

44. Luffs da Greyhounds :)

45. aaaaaaaaaaand did ennybuddy ELSE notice the color that Gary Larsen identified as the “toublemaking” cat’s color, hmmmmmm?????

46. Besides, maybe she’s from Bahston!

47. pupfanatic says:

Dear Ginger-

You are earless (aka baldy) and I love you.
    Be mine?

48. I’m sensing undertones of Garfield …

49. *Annoying person with party blower in background*

50. Hip hip! *HOORAY!*
    Hip hip! *HOORAY!*
    Hip hip! *HOORAY!*

(Three cheers! It’s the custom Down Under) :)