Believe Me When I Say…

sand really does get everywhere.

Sand kitten by Nir Elias of Reuters.

Comments

1. There’s more ear than face here.

2. warrior rabbit says:

Stewie…?

3. Awww look at those ears!
    I’m thinking triangles are jealous of those soft fuzzy corners and beautifully shaped sides. :D

4. fish eye no miko says:

[picks up kitteh, noms ears]
    [sets slightly wet and confused kitteh back down]

5. If he gets nommed too much, does he become mud kitten?

6. *head swivels 360 degrees to see how qwickly tracylee gets to work here…*

7. I bet he can even hear the sound of one hand clapping.

8. And the tree falling in the woods, whether or not anybody is there…

9. No. He becomes a quicksand kitten!

10. Not so loud! He can hear you typing!

11. AWW :D What a cutie :D

12. Those ears are adorable but that muzzlepouch should not be overlooked.

13. *sigh*

pleez, University, hire me to go live in le Desert and study Sand Kittens!!!

14. fish eye no miko says:

Agreed! And the sweet head stripes!

15. Teho in the house!!!

16. Kitty can hear you THINKING.

17. *giggles softly* *waves at Theo*

18. Want a sand kitten! Must Google how big they grow (and do they eat a lot? Not at that teeny size, they don’t!).

19. Lor help us if they ever cross breed these with fennec’s.

20. Mary (the first) says:

Then he knows I’m thinking “awwww” (and also “hi Theo”)

21. Mary (the first) says:

Very true! And the milky-blue eyes!!

22. Mary (the first) says:

I just took a better look at the kitteh in the background and noticed the ocelot-y type stripes on his/her cheeks! Wow!!

23. emmberrann says:

Eyebrow dots! Srsly. Kittehbebeh eyebrow dots!and what a srs spression. Such concentrayshun.

24. one of the best examples of Rule of Cuteness #15 I’ve ever seen!!!
    (Rule of Cuteness #15: Disproportionate ratio between relative ear to head size)

25. You can probably shape his ear floof into castles’n’things :)

26. Helloooo, Theo. I hope you, Lady Jaye and the Theo-lettes are all happy and healthy.

27. Good grief, people, are we ignoring the boopable nose entirely?!?!

28. Sandy claws!

29. Tony James says:

Is that Obersturmbahnpuddinkwerfer Hauptman T’Oah?!

Welcome home – can we have a picture of Rikki ignoring you (“yeah, sure – you’ve been ‘serving your country’. Uh-huh. And now you want me to acknowledge you? Seems to me like maybe you should have spent a little more time serving me tuna. We’ll talk about this later, but don’t expect me to be wiping my nose on your leg any time soon.”)?

30. At first I did not realize it was two sand kittehs and thought it was one of those photos where they put a contemplative version of you in the background….

Kind of sorta like this awesomeness…

31. Nice one, guys!

32. fish eye got here first :(
    ohwell

33. Aww fish :( poor kitteh ;)

34. Oh, no, I can’t take it! Too soft and deeleeshus and innocent… mmmm

35. skippymom says:

If they did that, I think the resulting animal would be able to fly.

36. skippymom says:

I didn’t even notice the one in the background until you mentioned it. Huh.

37. Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays. (This is the first year that some of “the old familiar carols” actually made me tear up a little.) Yeah, we’re all good, thanks; kids were home from college, pets ALL wanted to sleep with me and Le Schmoop up on the bed (OOF) and I gained 8 lbs. Working on that last bit now. (Home is also tasty.)

38. They can HEAR you.

39. Unfortunately, sand cats are an endangered species. There are only about 200 in captivity worldwide.

They’re adorable, but should be left to the experts.

40. There are TWO! Nom away! :-)

41. I *hear* what you did there!

42. To cute for words !!

43. Òk this is too cute. :)

44. Catwhisperer says:

*ahem* Did someone call for an expert? Here, let me just take these two home – I mean to their humidity-controlled habitat. *runs away with a sand kitten under each arm*