Believe Me When I Say…

sand really does get everywhere.

Sand kitten by Nir Elias of Reuters.

1. There’s more ear than face here.

2. Helloooo, Theo. I hope you, Lady Jaye and the Theo-lettes are all happy and healthy.

3. Tony James says:

Is that Obersturmbahnpuddinkwerfer Hauptman T’Oah?!

Welcome home – can we have a picture of Rikki ignoring you (“yeah, sure – you’ve been ‘serving your country’. Uh-huh. And now you want me to acknowledge you? Seems to me like maybe you should have spent a little more time serving me tuna. We’ll talk about this later, but don’t expect me to be wiping my nose on your leg any time soon.”)?

4. Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays. (This is the first year that some of “the old familiar carols” actually made me tear up a little.) Yeah, we’re all good, thanks; kids were home from college, pets ALL wanted to sleep with me and Le Schmoop up on the bed (OOF) and I gained 8 lbs. Working on that last bit now. (Home is also tasty.)

5. Teho in the house!!!

6. They can HEAR you.

7. warrior rabbit says:

8. Awww look at those ears!
    I’m thinking triangles are jealous of those soft fuzzy corners and beautifully shaped sides. :D

9. fish eye no miko says:

[picks up kitteh, noms ears]
    [sets slightly wet and confused kitteh back down]

10. Aww fish :( poor kitteh ;)

11. If he gets nommed too much, does he become mud kitten?

12. No. He becomes a quicksand kitten!

13. Nice one, guys!

14. You can probably shape his ear floof into castles’n’things :)

15. *head swivels 360 degrees to see how qwickly tracylee gets to work here…*

16. fish eye got here first :(

17. There are TWO! Nom away! :-)

18. I bet he can even hear the sound of one hand clapping.

19. Not so loud! He can hear you typing!

20. Kitty can hear you THINKING.

21. *giggles softly* *waves at Theo*

22. Mary (the first) says:

Then he knows I’m thinking “awwww” (and also “hi Theo”)

23. And the tree falling in the woods, whether or not anybody is there…

24. AWW :D What a cutie :D

25. Those ears are adorable but that muzzlepouch should not be overlooked.

26. Mary (the first) says:

Very true! And the milky-blue eyes!!

27. Good grief, people, are we ignoring the boopable nose entirely?!?!

28. fish eye no miko says:

Agreed! And the sweet head stripes!

29. *sigh*

pleez, University, hire me to go live in le Desert and study Sand Kittens!!!

30. Want a sand kitten! Must Google how big they grow (and do they eat a lot? Not at that teeny size, they don’t!).

31. Unfortunately, sand cats are an endangered species. There are only about 200 in captivity worldwide.
    They’re adorable, but should be left to the experts.

32. Catwhisperer says:

*ahem* Did someone call for an expert? Here, let me just take these two home – I mean to their humidity-controlled habitat. *runs away with a sand kitten under each arm*

33. Lor help us if they ever cross breed these with fennec’s.

34. skippymom says:

If they did that, I think the resulting animal would be able to fly.

35. Mary (the first) says:

I just took a better look at the kitteh in the background and noticed the ocelot-y type stripes on his/her cheeks! Wow!!

36. skippymom says:

I didn’t even notice the one in the background until you mentioned it. Huh.

37. emmberrann says:

Eyebrow dots! Srsly. Kittehbebeh eyebrow dots!and what a srs spression. Such concentrayshun.

38. one of the best examples of Rule of Cuteness #15 I’ve ever seen!!!
    (Rule of Cuteness #15: Disproportionate ratio between relative ear to head size)

39. Sandy claws!

40. I *hear* what you did there!

41. At first I did not realize it was two sand kittehs and thought it was one of those photos where they put a contemplative version of you in the background….

Kind of sorta like this awesomeness…

42. Oh, no, I can’t take it! Too soft and deeleeshus and innocent… mmmm

43. To cute for words !!

44. Òk this is too cute. :)