When You Need A Helping Paw, Er, Hoof

It’s a tough world out there, People. Once in a while, we need a little help from our friends. Take Terfel the doggeh, for instance. He’s on the visually-impaired side, so his pal Pwditat the kitteh helps him navigate.

Can we get an AWWWWWWWWWW please!

Then, we’ve got the story of Nicky the blind bebeh Rhino, who lives at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya. Read all about it, and according to the story “The team at Lewa hope to fly in a specialist to perform a high-tech surgical procedure to fix Nicky’s eyesight early his year.” #WIN!

8331003868_594bceb2bb_b
Sent in by Cuteporter Lindsay J.

Comments

1. doomchild says:

There are thousands of redonkulously cute photos here, some that make me squeee and some that just kill me on the spot. But something about the elderly blind dog just reached my heart, and I now know how it feels when someone touches your very soul. All the best to you, sweet Terfel!

2. 4leafclover says:

What?!!!? A visually-impaired dog with a seeing-eye cat?! Now that is too much! The end is nigh, the end is nigh! We’ve reached DEFCON cute!! (and also DEFCON touching and sweet!)

3. *sigh* Ah luvs me sum animals (and peeps who go the extra 5280 feet for ‘em).

4. there is a blind tiger at the rescue! he had a ‘roommate’/enclosure-mate for awhile (they grew up together) who would nudge him around when he was going to bump into something. when the roommate passed on, the keepers created sand paths from his den to the water and to the fence, and around the perimeter so that he would kind of ‘feel’ where he was going <3

5. *hand grasps at chest*

“I’m comin’, Elizabeth!!! This is Tha Big One!!!!”

– signed,
    Fred Sanford

6. Soooo many wonderful people and animals in this world! [sniff sniff - dang dust in here...]

7. twocityshibas says:

You had me at Pwditat…*sigh*

8. The older blind doggeh hits especially close to home since my little boy who just passed was completely blind. The life of any blind animal is well worth the effort of saving and trying to improve its quality of life. *sniff*

9. Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is on Kenya’s northern rangelands and supports rare animals and local communities! Annoy your cat, adopt a rhino!

10. I can’t even see the video at work and I’m already ded just from the comment!

11. doomchild says:

Oh no, so sorry to hear about your loss :( My condolences Rachael!

12. There truly is more kindness in the world than cruelty. We just need to talk about it more. Thanks to CO for leading the pack. I’m passing this one on.

Now, I’ll give my “AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW” …..and fall ded

13. aw Rachael!!! Me twuwwy sowwy :(

14. fleurdamour says:

I saw a show about a goat that helped a blind horse around. When the horse died, the goat went soon after. The man who looked after them said it was a profound lesson for him in compassion, that a little goat would selflessly help his horse friend.

15. fleurdamour says:
  16. Terfel? Pwditat? Methinks these good buddies are Welsh. Cwch!

17. AWWWW!!!!!

18. Chancy and Mumsy (Mag) says:

Just so sweet and compassionate the way other species look after animals in need. Thanks for sharing the video. We are hoping the surgery works well for that sweet little Nicky. Hugs and nose kisses

19. I love how in the video the cat sticks his head in the camera, like he’s saying “I got this”!

20. So sweet. Giving my boys a couple of extra hugs today…….just to annoy them of course.

21. “…Well, in Whoville they say – that the Grinch’s small heart grew three sizes that day.”

22. warrior rabbit says:

Oh! I saw that, too. It was so sweet, the goat led the horse to the pasture every day…

23. *hugs Rachael* :’(

24. okaasan59 says:

There’s a similar story that came to light after Hurricane Katrina. A dog was found that was acting as a seeing-eye-dog to a cat. They survived on their own for four months after the storm.

25. Well, you asked for it: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

26. I’ll see your seeing-eye cat for a blind dog, and raise you a blind bobcat with a seeing-eye caracal.

(sadly, the bobcat passed away.

(scroll to the bottom picture))

27. So sorry about your boy.

28. AWW :cry: I am so sorry about the passing of your dear sweet dog, Rachael :cry:

29. Yep :D