Meow You See It, Meow You Don’t

This amazing street magician has a simple message: Get your next pet from the pound, not the pet store. (Or, if you’ve got the skill, pull one from thin air.)

Comments

1. SlaveToCat says:

Kittens are magic

2. Wow!And a marmie,too!

3. I’ve watched that three times, and I have yet to figure out where that adorable little marmie comes from… Great trick and kudos for the adoption message!

4. There’s a sneaky lady on the other side of the window that you can see after he pulls the kitty out. She’s likely passing the kitten through a hole covered by that conveniently placed poster.

5. fish eye no miko says:

Cute guy, adorable kitteh, great message–this video is awesome!

6. Mauderules says:

Candidate for Guys of Cute Overload?

7. Schrodinger’s Cat pulled from hidden quantum synchronikitty pocket in the space time continuum.

8. Arachnophile says:

They get both the like and the fave for the ADOPT message. <3

Very cute. :)

9. Kitty’s name is Howdy DoDat.

10. if you slow it down to a single frame per second, you can clearly see where Gandalf walks into the shot and uses his staff to apparate the kitten into this guy’s top-hat, which is invisible the whole time.

11. Hmm…the International Men of Cute Overload calendar. I think that works!

12. A WITCH!!

13. phred's mom says:

Yes, indeedy. The list of candidates
    grows. Wonderful.

14. HA!

15. Now there is a cool superpower. Poof! Kitten!

16. Ahhh! you ruined it for me.

Just kidding ;-)

17. It’s meowgic

18. Dang. Just what I was going to say!

19. Haw!

20. fave frame the toe beans??

21. How did he DO THAT!? I love street magicians. David Blaine’s stunts are stupid, but his street magic is wicked awesome. My sister and I have decided that he is an alien. and… KITTAHS

22. Ah, I still almost missed her when I watched again–she is sneaky! Thanks for pointing her out.

23. Ummm what? She seems to stand up just a little too early and too far away to be handing off the kitty. The right goes a little too flat so i’m assuming that he’s reaching behind something to pick up the kitty.

Or he shot this in a green screen and they imposed the background later.

24. Aka Abracatdabra.

25. fleurdamour says:

He ap-purr-ated! Like in Harry Potter.

26. fleurdamour says:

Lol!

27. fleurdamour says:

Or Hairy Purr-ter

28. Two thumbs up for an amazing magic trick.
    Plus a billion thumbs up for the adopt message.

Kitteh looks confused though: “Huh, what happened? WHERE AM I?!?”

29. Agree! Agree! Agree!! And what a lovely smile! And what a lovely marmie kitteh! Clearly if our former Moderator Extraordinaire Theo had a magical ability, it would be the ability to conjure a marmie kitten at will!

30. My teacher asked the class a few days ago, “If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?”
    I didn’t know pulling kittens from thin air was an option!!!! I will totally give up my invisibility to pull kittens from the air when I need a cuddle!

31. Direct atomic manipulation. Because then you could reach through the wall of Schrödinger’s thought-experiment and pull out TIGER CUBS. With WINGS.

32. Magic tricks with animals should be illegal!!

And I’m sure there is a double-layered poster behind which there is a basket where the cat was in.

But, magic tricks with animals are dumb. Hate it, even if the message is a good one.

33. erm?

34. YAY tweetie :)

35. I couldn’t agree more with the message. And whether it’s a good trick or not is immaterial cuz it makes the message that much more memorable. Nicely done.

36. Hanglyman says:

I think you’ve figured it out! Watching again, you can see a suspicious-looking lighter circle on the poster right where his hands are- either light shining through more strongly at that point, or maybe they just put something brown behind the hole to make it match the poster, and it’s open the whole time? What I still can’t understand is why there would be a little round hole in the window of a 7-11 store.

37. I lol’ed so hard at this! Thanks, Jude for making me day! :D

38. I love when he says, “watchhhhh”! It reminds me of Gob on Arrested Development. Just needs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

39. The ‘suspicious looking lighter circle’ is a clock, and a bit small to pass even this delightfully tiny kitty through.

40. KittyMarthaPoo says:

I know! I wanna have a magical marmie kitten appear for me too! *runs off & cries*

41. Yeeessss!!!!
    Awesome man + marmie = awesome.

42. He turned me into a newt…but I got better. :D

43. That is sooo not a trick! I have lost count of the times I was searching high and low for one of my kittehs only to turn around and they are sitting in plain sight, right in the middle of the room. Cats regularly transport themselves from the kitteh-dimension back to ours. Kitteh-dimension is also where they put all the toys I buy from them and disappear within minutes, never to be found again.

Marmie was OBVY waiting in the kitteh-dimension and then popped back into our world into that nice man’s hands.
    :D

44. *for them, not *from them…. :D

45. LOL – and you turn around and they’re sitting in plain sight right when you’re about to freak out that they must have gotten out of the house somehow which is totally impossible but where else could they be you’ve looked every place else including under half inch high furniture and inside closets that have not been opened in three weeks but OMYGOD WHERE ARE THEY????

46. BURN HER!!

47. If true, Saffron, then this guy truly pulled off the greatest trick ever: getting a cat (a kitten, no less) to obey!

48. OMG, I once could not find one of my kittehs for an hour and did the same thing! Looked under the refrigerator which is about 1/2 inch off of the ground….. :D :D

49. Assuming said cubs are alive of course.

50. fleurdamour says:

That would be the Purred Dimension.

51. fleurdamour says:

It’s also called a Marmhole.

52. Physics Geek approves this explanation.

53. Yeah, I need to learn to materialize kittens. :D

54. Oh man, my cat does that ALL THE TIME! I live in a one-bedroom – who knew there were so many hidey-holes in such a small space? And then I turn around and he’s sitting behind me, giving me his “my hoomin is an idiot” look…gotta love ‘em.

55. Abbraca-tabby!

56. He’s definitely a candidate!

57. THEO!!

58. Why am I in the mod lounge for exclaiming regarding the appearance of a former person on C.O.? And are there any French crullers?

59. Never mind. Miss Impatience here. As you were.

60. DIFFICULT TO PRONOUNCE SCREEN NAME!! :D
    Um, yes, hello.

61. No crullers, but we’re filming an Epic Meal Time guest collab with Rachel Ray on the kitchen set. They’re working on those Krispy Kreme fried-egg burgers and the brownie cobbler layered with that bacon weave & Jack Dagnels sawsss. I’m just here corralling the puppies because it’s already chaotic enough. (…and now Ms. Ray appears to be corralling Muscles Glasses, hmm.)

62. Sharon Wilson says:

I once saw a magician conjure a hamster at a birthday party; HE SHOULD HAVE DONE A CAT!!

63. lisaLASSIE says:

Um, excuse me people. It’s magic. Sort of like the magic that makes grown peoples gush over Cute animals. Accept it.

64. lisaLASSIE says:

Isn’t Theo coming back to CO? He was before my time here but I thought he was back in USA. Not to come back to CO however?

65. lisaLASSIE says:

WOW!

66. I’m still in the Army, just no longer deployed. So that would be my job, at least for the next 10+ months.

67. I can so relate! I’ll be looking for my cat and calling his name, then I see him and he’s like “what? I was right here all the time!”

68. lisaLASSIE says:

Thank you Theo and happy to see you here. After hearing so many nice things about you. <3

69. No, the guy just took Gollum’s ring off kitty’s paw. Just look at kitty’s perplexed expression…he was there all the time, just invisible:)

70. ceejoe — how did you read my mind from 10 yrs ago in Ocala Fla???
    (one of Salinger’s few “party” weekends of two-three days or so …. RIP,
    my BFF Salinger)

71. yes.

72. Glad to hear that you are back safe and sound, Theo :D

73. Oh, I so want to cuddle that sweet little kitty and give him/her a loving forever home if I could :D

74. Well, there was no intent to make mine a funny message. If you think magic tricks (and I put zoos and circuses in the same category) are funny for animals, then go ahead laugh.

I find all of this sad.