A Lof Letter

My Dearest Enid:

I am counting the days until my return to you, my love. I can still recall our rapturous moments together, the heady scent of catnip in your fur, the way time seemed to stand still since we are cats and don’t understand how clocks work.

Love, Philippe

Comments

1. Mary (the first) says:

Kittehs in love!!

2. *heh heh* re Mike’s dialogue pour les chats.

Also? Cats = cute and matchingks.

Also also?
    For those in the Send Good Karma To QoD Club; I just got a new update from her.
    It isn’t entirely over with….but the Worst Part is over with!!! YAY for fan clubs!!!
    Thanks peeps I DID f’ward the Good Words to her and she really responded and enjoyed them!!!

Love, Leslie aka Resriechan aka Fird the Birfle aka …

3. …. the way time seemed to stand still since we are cats and don’t understand how clocks work.

Such classic NTMTOM.

4. Yea for good news!

5. I was lucky to have read that line before I took a drink of coffee, or else I would have needed a new keyboard! Too funny, NTMTOM! Gorgeous kittehs, too.

6. Whoa! I can’t look! IT’S TOO POYSONAL!

Don’t these kid(ten)s have any sense of privacy anymore? *frantically groping for clutching pearls*

7. Lof the happy toes.
    That was good for my blood pressure.

8. That is excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, cats might not know how clocks work, but they do know about time. Specifically that when it is 6 am, it is time for noms NOW and will awaken you to cater to them immediately. :D

9. My spitting-image-of-them kitty does the same thing, only to my ear lobe. Sucks until she’s (thinks she’s) full. Every night for 8 years!

10. Awwww, poor kitties miss their mommy!

11. Jackie Rose says:

I was guessing littermates who were weaned too early. Marco the Magnificat used to do this on the inside of my left wrist. Sometimes he’d wake me in the middle of the night.

12. 2 of 50 shades of grey !

13. Thanks for the good news, Fird. Will continue prayers ’til we hear she’s dancin’ with pom-poms.

…and those kittehs are totally adorbs and so gentle. Ahhhh young love.

14. I have no idea what they were doing but I felt guilty watching.

15. Nothing like a soft chair and warm purring friend!

16. emmberrann says:

Tqu for updates on Her Highness. We of course include her in our daily devotions, as we do you. And gray kittehs of every color and description. Don’t you just love when someone scratches the itch that you get in the one spot you just can’ t reach? Mm-mmm! That feels sooooo goooood!

17. emmberrann says:

We still await the NTMTOM coffee table book.

18. I feel as though I invaded their privacy!

19. Best frame at 1:13.

20. 8-O

21. Yes!

22. Many many biscuits were made that day.

23. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously laughing out loud!

24. Ah, just like my boys, except with less growling, biting, raking and pointy ends on the paws.

25. SlaveToCat says:

Terms of Endearment
    I love it when the toe beans curl

26. Hah! The kitteh edition.

27. that’s what i thought! they’re nursing, not necking. my 9-month old kitten MayBL STILL nurses on my lamb’s wool blanket EVERY day. MayBL was orphaned at 4-5 weeks old and her misses hers’ (birth) momma. no worries, MayBL’s spoiled rotten now! she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants, for whatever reason she wants! :)

28. fleurdamour says:

You mean your name isn’t really Fird Birfle?

29. fleurdamour says:

Lovecats! Yet again on CO.

30. LOL!

31. Good on you!

32. The Original Jane says:

Oh, the rapture!

33. How rude of the hoomins to film them and put them on teh interwebz!

But I’m glad they did)

34. OMG, LOL! Hahahahaha!

35. The other day I saw someone stocking shelves in a grocery store. They were putting away about 100 different varieties of cat food in little tiny cans: appetizers, entrees, roasted chicken vs grilled chicken, salmon pate, chickadees in oyster sauce, turkey au revoir, hand caught tuna surprise among them.

PEOPLE EARN MONEY PUTTING AWAY CAT FOOD.

CATS ARE IN CHARGE.

36. this is kitteh pr0n. it’s too moische.

37. The music was totally wrong. This needs Barry White.

38. *hands Theresa another set of pearls…for fear she has already destroyed the first set* ;)

39. I read NOMTOM’s brilliance and then clicked on the clip. I must say his words matched the music so well.
    So I gotta ask my kitteh friends….what’s with the paws? As one who only has doggies, I was trying to figure out the flexing of the claws on paws.

40. *headsmack*

41. HAW

42. It’s a kitty thing; dogs wouldn’t understand. :P

Seriously, you know how cats milk-tread, or knead with their paws when they’re feeling snuggly? Some kitties knead the air. My Dante seems to move his paws alternately, almost involuntarily when he’ s cozy (or wants attention),

43. Spoken like a Dog Person. ;)
    Some of us, y’know, knew this in elementary school.

44. …to be fair, people also earn money preventing civilized governments from operating.

45. Yes here as well, but a coffee table book would have to be a Cute Overload collab, not just an Other Mike joint. Those are all about presentation, and Mama Meg’s kinda got that market sewn up.

46. …aaaand look at me forgetting to close my HTML tags. [eyeroll]
    Apologies.

47. We pedantic behaviorists call this “neotony”. Cute is, well, a side effect. (as in “effective”)

48. Well played, Mudbug.

49. I guess you still can’t click “Like” in CO comments. Ah well. ;)

50. Muscle memory.

51. Overall: See, this is why NTMTOM is The Right Mike for the job. My own caption would probably be simply “Happy Shadows”. (I’m all about syllabic economy.)

52. I see your point, but it goes deeper than that.

53. No worries. Cats are open-minded like that.

54. Oh LORDY could I be crass here. I am struggling to remember my civilized habits.

55. I need a cigarette. Or maybe a video of a cigarette.

56. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

My mother-in-law gave me a very soft, plushy throw blanket for Christmas. And Philo LOVES it. He settles down for bed each night with a robust kneading and purring session.

As for these blissful babies, I immediately thought, “Siblings, maybe weaned too early.”

57. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

Good to know!

58. noellesbootcutkittenpants says:

And we call those people “Congress.” Hey-O!

59. *ahem* OMG THEEEEEEEOOOOOOO!!111!!! *ahem*

60. I know – but what can ya do?

61. Me too, the set up is there…

62. Def taken from Mom too soon

63. Some cats do it their whole lives, whether or not they were weaned too early. It’s just one of those cat things.

64. Nah, we could have a “The Best of” like SNL does.

65. toborzgrrl says:

NSFW
    seriously…

66. *Jumping up and down in hysterics* People, what’s the matter with you? THEO! THEEEEEEOOOOOO!!!!11

67. maybe if you say it one more time, he’ll show up again. beetlejuice-style.

68. skippymom says:

OMG!!! Theeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HI, THEO!!!

69. My marmie CC loves my cheap plush blanket so much that when he kneads and kneads and kneads and KNEADS it he’ll get so excited he’ll knead with one of his back paws as well–I’d never seen a 3-legged biscuit maker kitteh before. :D

70. Yer pickin’ up whut I’m layin’ down.

71. O HAI

72. Shush you. Not everybody has to be an old-ass regular like, well. Us. :P

73. Nah. Probably causes eye cancer or something.

74. Hey, don’t you think this are kittens? I am not sure, you do not see their faces clearly, but they are so small … Two of them fit on a chair and there is still plenty of room. Or perhaps it’s just because I am used to my oversized Coons (who need two chairs each to stretch like those here, but still manage to be supermegaextremecute. Just sayin’.)

75. Emmberrann says:

@Teho and Noellesbootcutkittenpants: What’s worse is that WE elected them to represent us, and do our will! Looks like the kittehs got the best end of the deal.

76. Emmberrann says:

True, Teho, but would you Really mind a CO collab? or would Meg? We <3 Meg for founding this blog, we really do, but we really need a NTMTOM coffee table book, the sooner the faster!

77. Would I mind? Hell no, I think it’s a fantastic idea.

78. *running to mirror to look at my ass to see if it’s old*

79. Or Bloody Mary. :mrgreen:

80. *waves wildly* THEO! HAI!!!!

81. If Theo shows up in the mirror a la bloody mary…I might run screaming ;)

82. Fanks CO folks :) I appreciate the explanation.

83. lisaLASSIE says:

Hooray for the gooder news, and tell her I miss her! Hurry back, Queen.

84. Erm…. what about the TEEF???

85. lisaLASSIE says:

so it’s beginning to sink in that Theo you are back at CO? Is that correct? Full time? Please explain for the slower among us. Even if that is just moi.

86. I have two cats that do this and cuddle afterwards, it’s the cutest ^^

87. Thought I answered this already, hmm. Must’ve been under another post. I’m back in the USA, but still in the Army for a while yet. So I’m not “back at CO” any more than you are, but that’s still something, innit?

88. Peering over at Theresa, to see if she’s finished jumping up & down in hysterics….

*affectionate giggle*

89. @ fleurdamour: ;)

90. Happens to me in the bathroom every morning. My neighbors hate me.

91. For better customer service, please send kittens after the boop.

92. Smitten kittens!

93. I’d heard as much, but never realized… my god. Dogs eat anything you give them. That’s a much better pet.

94. OO! OO! OO! Who?! Can I? I want that job!

95. AWW :lol: Your dear sweet kitty thinks of you as her mommy, Susan :lol:

96. AWW :D I am so glad you were able to give your dear sweet kitty, MayBL, a loving forever home, pamela kelly :D

97. Oh, I am so glad to hear that Queen of Dork is feeling better :)

98. AWW :D What a pair of sweet kitties :D

99. You know, you’d probably have my vote. I appreciate a bipartisan household.

100. Your customer service was noted and appreciated. :)
    I don’t know how to make a kitten smiley tho. :(

101. I read that as “affectionate jiggle”. Twice.

102. Dear Teresa,
    MY HEART JUST MELTED ON THE FLOOR at the sight of my sweet baby MayBL’s name, above! thank you for the kind words! and You are the first one to spell her VERY special name correctly. :) MayBL and my other rescue cat Crystal are BFF’s!!
    Pam :)

103. You might remember these VOKRA kittens from the terrifying “Den of Kittens”.