Kitteh Chess Match (With Food)

Kitteh 1: It’s mine.
Kitteh 2: No, it’s mine.
Kitteh 1: Wait! What’s that over there? [Slides bowl back]

From Y-Tube, thanks to Brandon S. for the FB heads-up.

Comments

1. cyberpunkrocker says:

I just love those cats… :D

2. I wonder how long they’d keep doing that (assuming the food never ran out). :)

3. Serious lol material! At my house, that would have devolved into [slapslapslap hisssss!]

4. Lewis n' Clark says:

I WISH my cats (the Lewis and Clark of Lewis n’ Clark) were so polite at the food bowl

5. This! Mine don’t put up so well with each other with the food/toys

6. They would keep doing it until they both fell asleep.

7. And when they woke up they would wash themselves, and then assuming the dish had been refilled, they would eat and push it back and forth again until they fell asleep again.
    And this is one of the many reasons you need to get a cat, Rachael–they are endlessly entertaining.
    In fact, get two.

8. Definitely two. I would not, however, recommend ten.

9. Well, I wouldn’t recommend getting ten all at once if you are not used to having any, no. Best to build the collection gradually.
    (now I am rolling on the floor imagining someone who had no cats suddenly going out and getting ten)

10. I second you getting two kitties, Rachael :D

11. Now if these were dogs — particularly my herd of four wee-tiny dogs — this wouldn’t be nearly so orderly and back and forth. They all jump in like it is a clearance sale at Filene’s Basement.

12. Our two kitties (who are the bosses of my brother, his male friend and me) also share a cat bowl but take turns eating :)

13. The Original Jane says:

It’s that polka music that has driven them a bit bonky in the head.

14. I like the way you worded that. That’s what I’ll tell people from now on, I built my collection gradually.

15. SlaveToCat says:

Slides a second bowl of food in along with a couple of water bowls.

16. Me too! Besides being very polite about the bowl shortage, they’re absolutely gorgeous.

17. Once upon a time when I only had two cats. I would put a bowl of the same food in front of each of the bothers. They would smell their own bowl and immediately change place and eat the other one’s food.

18. skippymom says:

Mine do that. It tastes much better from the other guy’s bowl.

19. Desdemona says:

My first reaction was to wonder why their human slave did not provide two bowls. Then I realized why. He/she was giggling too hard to be able to get the bowl down from the shelf.

20. fleurdamour says:

More than two and this would turn into something resembing a hockey match.

21. What beautiful table manners! You don’t to rush your friend tho’ coz’ then you’ll end up with kitty indigestion and barf all over the floorz. Just saying….

22. Mary (the first) says:

Yeah, mine would eat some of their own and then wander across to the other side of the kitchen to see what the other one got. Usually, exactly the same thing but they always had to check, just in case!!

23. Ah, those Russians do it again. They’re coming back as a superpower of cute!

24. This reminds me of the lead-in to “Cheating Death with Dr. Stephen T. Colbert” where he literally cheats Death — parodying The Seventh Seal chess game, switching game pieces.

25. Uh-uh. And never get involved in a land war in Asia.

26. I should have known better than to mention I was thinking of getting a cat. Watch, now I’ll turn into the Crazy Cat Lady. :)

27. Only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”!

28. You take one out, and pass it about,
    Ninety-eight kibbles of food in the bowl.

Ninety-eight kibbles of food in the bowl,
    Ninety-eight kibbles of fooooood…

29. We used to call it, “Musical Dishes.”

30. YES !!!! an EXCELLENT call, T.U.M. :)

31. This version doesn’t relate to Cute Animals, but in a family with five siblings of high school age and college ages ….when one vehicle needed to go to the Automobile Hospital, and one sibling was helping another sibling get the injured car there…in our family we called THAT “Musical Cars” ….

32. Had a giggle at this line “I would put a bowl of the same food in front of each of the bothers.” Are they really that much trouble?? :-)