A Token Gesture of Defiance

Upon learning that the makers of Monopoly plan to replace one of the game’s iconic tokens, Harold the Chameleon stands guard over his beloved thimble.

Kitt B., who found this at Zooborns, writes: “The chameleon is clinging to a toothpick! Hovering over a thimble!! With not only an adorable nose, but a look of Supreme Disapproval. It’s a twofer, how can you resist?” PHOTO CREDIT: EXMOOR ZOO

1. 260Oakley says:

What? How dare they get rid of it, the thimbleciles!

2. *slide whistle noise*

3. Tiny clampy hands!

And better the thimble than the scottie dog I say.

4. Word

5. Tinee toesees!
    That is quite a grimace of disapproval.

Get rid of the iron…only cause I hate ironing. And vote for the cat as the new piece!!!

6. So you’re not likely to be dashing away with the smoothing iron? :D

7. Emmberrann says:

Hear, hear, um, here?

8. warrior rabbit says:

Hmm, I see indifference rather than disapproval…

9. Oh Lord, the proportions on this cutie! THE PROPORTIONS! JUST LOOK!

10. He looks like he has a tiny teardrop rolling down his cheek (and into his mouf). Poor guy.

11. Not the thimble! Or the iron! I can’t quilt without a thimble and I don’t wanna play Monoply without one, either. *stomps foot*

12. I’ve been following the online voting, and it looks like thimble is safe for now, but iron and wheelbarrow have the fewest votes, so one of them might get cut.

13. It’s been a long time since I played Monopoly but I don’t even remember a wheelbarrow.

14. It’s a wheelbarrow style from before the 1950s; with two separate pieces of lumber as handles, rather than one horizontal steering bar … looks somewhat different(ly) from present-day wheelbarrow style….. comme ca:

monopoly 06

15. SlaveToCat says:

Can’t the just leave well enough alone. Not everything needs to be new, improved, or upgraded. What’s next, game pieces with lithium batteries that you have to charge over night or an APP that tells you if you should buy the rail road or the water works?? Grabs the Scottie and runs.

16. Word.

17. fish eye no miko says:

“A *Token* Gesture of Defiance”

I see what you did there…

18. How about a tiny chameleon game token? Spice things up a bit.

19. My thoughts exactly!

20. Ah, chameleons! Masters of “Lookin’ at first, throwin’ to third.” :D

28 days to pitchers and catchers, peeps. :D

21. Masters of disguise, too.

F’rinstance, Mr. Mcthousandfacersons here is actually eleven inches long and weighs three pounds.

22. PLUS: Singing and dancing across hot public thoroughfares:

23. Ah, a fellow fan of the diamond! I’m counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until P&C.

24. Or lookin’ at third, throwin’ to first. Which it looks like they’re going to outlaw. BAROOO!

25. PS: There could be six feet of snow dumped on me the next day, but AFAIC, when P&C report, that’s the end of winter. :P

26. As Hall of Famer Rogers Hornsby once said, “People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
    Here in New England, we celebrate Truck Day, the day the truck leaves Fenway Park for Florida. That’s how bad we have it for baseball.

27. fleurdamour says:

It’s actually a thimbeleon.

28. I also love the tiny feets and tiny tiny toesies! So cute.

29. Ohmergerd, HOW tiny are those hands and feets? Proshness.

30. It’s a mini-meleon!!

31. which makes me think:
    we need a pic of a chameleon and a small gourd (melon)….

32. OMG! I is an offishul sender-inner for CO! Time to check one off the bucket list!
    And…he’s still redonk! So teeny, and yet so chameleoid!

33. I’m calling Rule of Cuteness #14 on this one! Twice!