Kits, They Grow Up So Fast Don’t They

Remember when we first met? It seems like only yesterday when this wee kitteh smudged his nose into our hearts.

8247344395_a5e3a7956d_b
Bam! My word doesn’t time fly.

8329961425_3cbd7648d8_b
Where did that blue-eyed furball go?

8331017496_8903a4d333_b
Why do they have to grow up? If only time could just stop.

8331017780_4b04bf1605_b
Don’t grow up too fast, Dinky Doo. Josh N. tell us that Toni’s Kitten Rescue named him that, ’cause he’s so little.

Comments

1. He grew belleh spots! *smooch smooch smooch*

2. Dinky Doo is also the name of a pony n the new My Little Pony series. :)

3. Yes the blue eyes are adorables but sad. Now he looks much healthier – soft fur, chubbeh belleh, and that look of Trouble in the eyes!

4. kibblenibble says:

In picture 3, you can see his dark little lips. When kitties have dark lips like that, I call them Mousy lips. (As if they had been nomming on leetle gray mousies, doncha know.)

5. Mary (the first) says:

In the last photo he has the definite long-suffering look in his eyes of a kitteh who’s been picked up and snorgled almost into a coma and has learned to just put up with it… because those hoomins never seem to get enough.

6. Wow, Josh N., I clicked on your name and landed on your website. What GORGEOUS photos! I especially love the sweet photos of the special needs animals. Just beautiful. You must love your work.

7. someone needs to get him a little bit inky. just once. so we can say it was done.

8. 1. TINEEEE TABBEEEEE! (picking you up, T.U.M.!)
    2. SPOTTEH BELLEH!

9. PS: Dark espresso toebeans?

10. Aw, my kitteh has dark lips, and from now on, I will call them “Mousy Lips.”

11. I will laugh all day over the hovertext: “I don’t want to be responsible for your toe bean needs!”

12. kibblenibble says:

You should, Lisa! It’s fun to say. :-) I also call chihuahuas, or other small doggies, “Eggshell Head.” All of these are terms of endearment, naturally. :-)

13. Yes, I suspect that extreme cuteness must be a burden sometimes…

Glad to see that this little fellow is doing so well!

14. Let the belleh snorgling begin!

15. I love spotted belleh!

16. Thanks Nikki :)

17. Screams * *faints *

18. I think he looks cuter now than as a kitten. Now he looks well loved and cared for, something all kitties need.

19. The trouble with a kitten is THAT
    Eventually it becomes a CAT.
    — Ogden Nash

TINEETABBETINEETABBETINEETABBEE
    –T.U.M.

20. THANKYOU!

21. INDEED.

22. *does the same thing*

23. OMGTABBEE!!11!11!111111!!!!!!!
    Kitteh toebeans are nommable at all ages! :)

24. Exactly! :D

25. phred's mom says:

Josh, your photos are wonderful. Did you
    use a Lensbaby for some of these? Love
    how the eyes are sharply focused while the
    rest of the image is soft. Nice portraits
    showing the pets’ personalities.

26. We used to call the chihuahua “apple haid” (among manymanymany other things) :)

27. Jackie Rose says:

With no apologies to Ogden Nash, kittens do eventually become cats, and they are never anything less than perfect at any stage of their lives. One could also point out that the trouble with children is that they eventually become people.

28. Jackie Rose says:

And that “TINEETABBE” is absolutely adorable!

29. I second the shout-out Josh. I think you’re becoming the 260 Oakley of gorgeous anipal photos.

30. 260Oakley says:

Nah, a cute picture is worth a thousand puns. And Josh’s are purrfect.

31. Hey Cuteness Peeps !!!
    Please forgive something of a threadjack? It is related to someone CO-ish …
    Ev’rybuddy please “do what you do” to send positivity toward the Queen of Dork.
    In the Big Picture, she’s fine….However when I communicated with her this morning she intended to Go See a Doctor. And she HATES Going to See a Doctor.

Since I ‘m writing about this without her clearance, I’ll just say that it’s a Medical Thing that is generally not a cause for Permanent Sadness but that it’s pretty Dang Painful and VERY Dang Annoying.

So if u pray, plz pray; if you emote Good Karma, do that. If you know how to send her Warm Fuzzies, then so be it. Again, things are not at a Falling-Off-a-Cliff Crisis. But ’tis both Painful and Annoying.

‘Kay?

thxbye
    Love & smooches
    Leslie Thomas/ Jax/ Fla

PS: oioooooooooooooooooooooooh such a pritty kitty in the pics!!!!!
    YAY fuzzy grey kitties!!!!

32. *staggers forward, tries to grab fluffeh kitteh* *colapses into melting puddle o’ glitter happy goo*

33. Thanks! What is 260 Oakley? I googled it and just saw a bunch of addresses.

34. Queenie!!!?? We’re thinking of you, keeping the tacos warm in the Mod Lounge!

35. Thanks mom. I don’t use a Lensbaby, just wide aperture :)

36. Give queen a snorgle for me. I hope she’s okay.

37. SlaveToCat says:

Last time I had spots all over my tummy the Dr. said I had the kitten pox. The treatment was to nom on toe beans 3 times a day.

38. victoreia says:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Extreme cuteness can be dangerous, especially in excess. Side effects include: lightheadedness, excessive squeeing, glitter explosions, brain melting, and can lead to ded-ness, loss of proper grammar usage, and incorrect spelling.

Please, use CO responsibly. That is all.

*looks at kitteh**ded*

39. I used to refer to my dear late bulldoggie’s “big old block head,” for obvious reasons!

40. thank you for knowing you don’t need a special doomaflatchy to make pretty pictures!

41. Thanks for sharing the caring, Fird. Prayers on the way!

42. AWW :( Please give Queen of Dork a hug from me, Fird Birfle :(

43. AWW :D Please give Dinky Doo lots and lots of cuddles, Josh N :D I would give Dinky Doo cuddles in person if I could :D

44. Josh, 260Oakley is the benchmark punster of Cute Overload. Scan through the posts and appreciate the talent that is Oakley!

45. :)

46. I shall f’ward your best wishes, Teresa, Theresa, Emmm & Josh.
    Thanks!!! I’ll update when I hear from her.

47. kibblenibble says:

My little white Persian was “Snowball Head” or “Cupcake Head.”

48. Inky Dinky Dooooo!!!!

49. Josh, 260 Oakley is a national treasure here in our little Cute Overload world.

50. Queenie!! Warm thoughts are winging their way to you. Fird, please let her know we’re thinking of her.

51. kibblenibble says:

I am sending Queen good healing juju and loving vibes from George, Minnie (my fur kids) and myself. Thanks for telling us, Leslie. We love Queen.

52. love to QoD from Canada!

53. Warm fuzzies from Oz too.

54. thinking good thoughts and warm karma.

55. Awww, how cute! I wish i’d like to cuddle with this small little kitty! I also miss my cat. :/

56. Massive amounts of hugs and prayers to our QofD. Going to the doctor is never fun but as long as it’s not a cause for permanent sadness, I won’t worry overly much. You take care now, Dorkish One. ♥♥♥

57. My best thoughts and hugs for Queenie

58. I’m currently toying with the idea of getting my first cat ever (we had indoor/outdoor cats when I was a kid but this would be my first as an adult) and these pictures do not make my decision any easier. :)

59. I got my first guinea pigs because of CO. :) I never regretted it.

60. Josh (and Nikki), 260 Oakley is an INTERNATIONAL treasure. You cannot imagine how reading her puns expands my knowledge of and admiration for English :)

61. skippymom says:

Rachael, go for it!!! You will never regret it. I disliked (gasp!) cats until Skippy moved in with me, now I have four and I can’t imagine life without them. Get out there and get yourself a kitty, now!

62. Sending lots of love and hugs and comforting thoughts to your Royal Highness :) Dear Queen of Dork, take care! :)

63. skippymom says:

From now on when I am munching on Chloe’s feet and she is giving me the tail-flick of annoyance, I will imagine her saying, “I don’t wanna be responsible for your toebean needs!”

64. Oh, get a couple of kitties (if you can afford them both), Rachael :D

65. Emmberrann says:

Fird, deah, please tell Her Highness we ah sending her wahm regahds and all ahr good wishes for complete and excellent health! *read in best Bahston accent*
    Yrs truly,
    Long-time Boston Resident and Fan of QoD and FB, now residing in Ohio.

66. lisaLASSIE says:

More hugz and good wishes being sent to Q of D. <3

67. I love the transition from the first to the third picture: from shy and skeered, to serious cat-i-tude! :)

68. I shall relay all warm fuzzies to Her Highness!!!
    Thx guyz, galz and various associated animals!!! :)

Love Leslie/ Jax/ Fla

69. Addresses?? I always suspected she was a Random Pun Generator masquerading as a human. Now ve have ze proof!

70. Queen of Dork says:

Oh my gosh! Thank you! Leslie told me about your love and I felt all of it! Finally! I’m able to get up out of bed, out of the back of PoD’s car which transported me from hospital to pharmacy, out of the hospital, and back on my feet and back to my life. Your prayers and well wishes really, really helped me get through the pain, and get back on my feet. I LOVE CO peeps!

71. yay!!! :)