Two Cute!

Two different, sweet, little kittens; two poses each.

It takes two to make a thing go right, so here you go!

Brooke B. named her grey kitty McCloud, “as in Duncan McCloud* of the Clan McCloud* of the Highlands of Scotland of the TV show Highlander fame”, and Ashley H. named her ginger kitty Rocky – Ashley didn’t say why she named him Rocky, but he is a knockout.
*Nerds the world over united to tell us that it’s spelled MacLeod. The more you know!

Comments

1. Coffee Cup (now with more bunnies) says:

*puts on nerd glasses*

It’s MacLeod.

*leaves nerd glasses on*

2. *iz daid*

3. warrior rabbit says:

Came here to say the same thing… Unfortunately, my nerd glasses are always on and nerd contacts don’t work so well.

4. @ CC & wr: I’ve been browsing around some retail sources for a new set or perhaps two new sets of spectacles, in recent days. One of the websites has a sub-page where you can look at all the Geek Styles grouped together. Not quite Nerd Glasses, but pretty close to the same thing. :)

5. same thought exactly, CC(nwmb)…

& I had nerd laser eye surgery so the nerdiness never leaves muah hah hah hah

6. Watch out for the Kargan !

7. MacLeod looks so sad, especially in the first photo! I guess he’s tired of people (apparently) misspelling his name. He needs to meet smiling Squid Ink Sassafrass (http://cuteoverload.com/2013/01/03/number-1-reason-cats-clean-themselves/) and turn that frown upside down!

8. Do these count as Nerd Glasses? If you use them to drink your Red Bull?

9. There are never enough toebeans – hairy or otherwise.

10. I’ve had a lot of cats in my life, black cats, white cats, grey cats, tuxedo cats, torties and tabbies, but never ever an orange cat. I don’t know why but every times it was time to get a new cat and I went to a shelter determined this time to get a orange cat something happens and I end up with another colour.
    Is there such a thing as a marmie curse?

11. Cloudy Cloudy Puff Puff
    Puffy Puffy Cloud Cloud
    Tinee tabbe Toebeens
    Rocky Rocky Redcat
    Kitty Kitty Meow Meow
    Fluffy Puffy Pufffluff

Sorry, I got carried away there.

12. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats (and Two Orange Kittehs) says:

Hmmm… interesting. Everytime I go to get a cat, I end up with an orange one. Except the one time I went and they didn’t have any marmies so I got a gray and white kitty. That gray and white was the best cat I ever had. Sometimes it’s good to just go with your heart and get the that fits you best, no matter what color it is.

P.S. Toehawks! I love the toehawks!

13. …. you mean with an (*insert air quotes*) “LASER”????

(nerdiness never leaves me either, but in different ways)

14. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats (and Two Orange Kittehs) says:

that is, get the ONE that fits you best. Why do I always end up leaving out words when I type?

15. SlaveToCat says:

The cats choose who gets to go home with you. Usually they choose the kitten that was the most unloved and lonely and needs the best home possible with the nicest humans.

16. Clairdelune says:

It’s understandable, T.U.M. – too much cuteness and a surfeit of hairy toebeans and adorable nosicles can lead to deranged thoughts and catfever of the brain. Uhn, hmmm, I feel an attack coming on… gotta run. *thud*

17. Clairdelune says:

Toehawks!!! That’s purrrfect, Victoria “Rat Mom”! (How do the orange kittehs feel about the 3 rats? Do they have any dinner plans?)

18. Awww, that’s so sweet! I was doing some volunteer work at the shelter on Saturday, data entry, so I was sitting in the office, and I could hear people going through adoption interviews, and I always wonder how they pick just one out of all the beautiful animals there. I go into the cat room, with 20-some cats, all free roaming, and it just about kills me…

19. *puts on current, worn-out Nerd Spectacles*
    *pulls out clipboard and pointer*

*begins Powerpoint Prez.*

In my understanding, a VITAL component of someone wearing Nerd Glasses, is that of being obtuse and non-stylish in wearing the bad choice of eyewear.
    Since these are:
    1: IDENTIFIED as “awesome” straw eyeglasses
    and
    2: chosen due to their awesomeness,
    I would make an analysis, that , unfortunately, no, they would not in THIS case constitute Nerd Glasses. They WOULD however be AWESOME for use in a birthday party, halloween, etc.

3: However (2) — this does also seem to put into question the section of my aforementioned website which identifies its section of “Geek” Glasses.

I suppose I cannot in good conscience, select my eyewear from that page if I wish
    to preserve whatever tiny ripped-up bits/ shreds o cred (skreet cred or utherwise) that I might still possess (sp?)

*folds up pointer authoritatively*
    *clicks off light on podium*

*looks around room, expecting questions from the gathered throngs*

20. [sound of crickets]

21. OMG I couldn’t do ANYTHING at a shelter except paperwork and Snuggling Duty.
    I would walk out each day, much like victoreia leaves CO, with unauthorized animals stuffed into multiple open areas of a coat even on days of 95 degree heat ….

22. Those in the military refer to them as BCG’s because they are guaranteed to make the nerd look (How shall I put it??) unappealing to any and all who might find the nerd otherwise attractive when NOT wearing the aforementioned glasses.

23. There can be only one.

24. Kari Callin says:

HEY! The second picture down is a baby picture of Puss n’ Boots! You can tell by the big eyes! :D

25. I could have sworn MacLeod was Magilla Glub Glub, at first glance. Then I realized MGG must be much bigger than that now. Sweet little kitties, have a great life with your new peeps. Remember that you OWN them.

26. @Coffee Cup… Yay you have more bunnies. There can never be too many bunnies.

27. Well one can only get carried away after all hte fluffy muffy toebeans and puffle fur and noisicles and big kitten eyes.

28. Oooh ooooh, Perfesser Firdie *waving hand madly*

When you say Nerd OR Geek Glasses, could it be, when specifically narrowed down, sliced-and-diced and so forth and so on, you could be referring to what we used to call *ahem* “BCG’s” or *ahem* “Birth Control Glasses*? (hee!)

29. Oooh, you beat me to it. :D

30. The Original Jane says:

Hey Theresa, I was counting on you for the song reference! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBRbzf3Fws

31. At the end of last month I hurried up to use the rest of my medical savings account to get new nerd glasses.

Everyone knows McCloud is from MST3K :D

32. Randy Patee says:

What precious, adorable babies! I totally barfed rainbows!

Sent from my iPad

33. Victoria, Mom to 3 Rats (and Two Orange Kittehs) says:

As far as the 12 year old orange kitteh is concerned, the rats don’t exist. He shows no interest at all. The 7 month old orange kitteh, on the other hand, must be locked out of the room where the rats are for the protection of the rats and his protection too (rat bites hurt!).

P.S. I can’t take credit for the toehawks thing. I got it from previous C.O. comments about floofy kittehs and their tendency for between-toe floofage.

34. Hehe, that was my first thought when I read the post. :p

35. (ceejoe; I busted out laffing when I saw your *crickets* note :) )

Theresa: er– Yup. U-huh. Sureyoubetcha!!!!

36. Oh, the supa floofeh toebeeeeens….

37. He does resemble our young hero!!

38. Smallthunder says:

I … can’t … breathe … last picture … (gasp)… too … much …

39. davincigrrrl says:

TOEHAWKS: YES!

40. I am the same way :) I could not volunteer at any SPCA here in British Columbia or even VOKRA because I would be coming home with litters of kitties tucked under my jacket :)

41. I so want to snorgle all those sweet kitties :D

42. But I wasn’t brave enough to call them by their real moniker – you ROCK Theresa!!

43. Chief! McCloud!

44. I had laser surgery too.. but I’ve still embraced my geek-nicity

45. I do, a bit. :D

46. Mine are all black and white. Tuxedos or cows, oreos or black-and-white cookies.

47. BAM!

48. Stephanie says:

Does that imply that all MaLeods are nerds? Boy I hope not. Meghie MacLeod (Scottie)

49. Uber nerds would find a nerd in BCG to be even MORE attractive with them than without them!

50. *puts on nerd glasses* “Ms. Theresa is obviously feeding a milk-and-chocolate-cookies addiction”

51. victoreia says:

*dang! the invisibility cloak is on the fritz again!*

52. *winky, winky* victoreia!!!

53. joools in PDX says: